Pick the Perfect LW for JT and KO!

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
Pure fun: Look around the league and find the player(s) that you think would be the optimal wingers for JT and KO.

This is not a trade proposal/speculation thread, you don't have to come up with a way of getting the player to the Island. Just engage in a little Olympic break fun and fantasize about players we'll never get.

What LWs in the league would be the perfect complement for JT and KO and why?

I'd a argue that the line still needs some more speed, defense, and muscle.

Ultimate Warrior

Mar 3, 2004
It breaks my heart, because a couple more losses in 2011 and NYI could have been in a position to draft him. Gabriel Landeskog could be the perfect fit. Excellent defensively, strong on the boards and underrated skills.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Clark Gillies - no one would ever land a hand on them . . .

but since Clark turns 60 (man I'm feeling old . . .) in April that won't work :cry:

I think that a puckhandler is not necessary but they should be defensively responsible because right now JT is, shall we say, spotty defensively . . .

Patrick Sharp or Zetterberg makes the most sense to me

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Landeskog for me, I wanted him badly back in 2010. His hard working gritty style would be the perfect complement for me.

Hall would be great, but his style of play is too disparate from the strengths of our top line for my liking.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Lucic for me, would bring the pain in the corners, any cheap crap on JT would be dealt with immediately and has good skills. That line would be incredibly tough to play against

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
Clark Gillies - no one would ever land a hand on them . . .

but since Clark turns 60 (man I'm feeling old . . .) in April that won't work :cry:

I think that a puckhandler is not necessary but they should be defensively responsible because right now JT is, shall we say, spotty defensively . . .

Patrick Sharp or Zetterberg makes the most sense to me

Old? I saw Gillies as a rookie!

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
I think Lupul would be good here. Maybe not good enough defensively, but he works hard, has nice vision, and good hands and a shot. He's one of those wingers who, like Okposo, makes things easier for their center.

All the other posted candidates are nice, just throwing out a new name.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Ovechkin- i dont know if hes playing right or left this year but either way he would be my pick to play LW for JT-Okposo. Hes obviously extremely talented and he hits hard...i think top 5-10 in hits in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad