Pick One: Perlini or Fischer

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Damn, tough call. Perlini has proven a bit more at the nhl level. Fischer has a skill set we really need. Perlini I guess. Really close.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Fisher is a right shot but I don't want to vote on that. The eye test says Perlini has a better shot and is a better scorer, but the numbers don't totally bear that out. Voted Perlini but I don't really know why.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Taking Fischer for roster needs, plus I've got a good feeling about him leadership wise. Still love Perlini.

Prelude to a really dumb trade offer rt? ;)

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
I liked Perlini as a prospect ever since 2014, I never seriously saw him in danger of being a bust, I still ranked him as our 4th best prospect last summer, when some people were ready to give up on him.
I do like Fischer but I'm voting for Perlini, maybe purely out of habit but I'll stick with him

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
The whole team was bad towards the end of last season but it felt like Perlini tailed off. Just checked and it was 1g + 1a in the last 14 games. But he's a streaky player anyway. I like the more consistant types like Fischer and Dvorak.

Englishcoyote

Jun 15, 2015
Manchester, England
perlini for me but only just, think he'll get 20+ goals this season and he was born in england so bonus. if british ice hockey association gave him a call i would love him to say yeah and play for great britain.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You only get one. Who do you choose?

Two different type players for sure. I would pick Perlini because of his skating and goal scoring abilities. That can not be taught, and we have not had a pure goal scorer in a decade. I bet if this pole was taken this time last year everyone would have voted Fischer.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Yeah tough to decide between those two...my feeling is that Perlini will probably always be the better goal scorer between the two, but I think Fischer will consistently have more of an impact on the overall game. I think Fischer will probably touch more areas and do more things that help us win in the long run, so I'd give him a slight edge between the two.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Perlini has always been a favorite of mine. I think that this is going to be his break out season. He has a really sweet shot.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I voted Fischer but it's close. I like Fischer's game, the physical aspect, makes him a more well rounded player. More useful in a lineup. They both had equally great first pro years, in my mind. They only sliver that tilts to Fischer, is his production in his first and only year in the OHL. Perlini didn't come close to those numbers. So you had to make me choose one, that's who and why. Only by a hair.

Last edited:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I voted Fischer but it's close. I think Fischer's game, the physical aspect, makes him a more well rounded player. More useful in a lineup. They both had equally great first pro years, in my mind. They only sliver that tilts to Fischer, is his production in his first and only year in the OHL. Perlini didn't come close to those numbers. So you had to make me choose one, that's who and why. Only by a hair.

Perlini's usage in O was awful. Most of the posters wrote him off a year ago because of it. I view Perlini as a natural finisher with great size/skating. He will be streaky but I think he can break 30 goals at his peak. Has Wheeler type upside.

Fischer is good but he rocked a non-sustainable 30% shooting percentage in his limited NHL time. I see him as a 10-15 goal guy next year and a 20-30 goal guy when he peaks. He's definitely more physical and will be very valuable in those "heavy" games.

Both are great. Love these players.

Last edited:

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I liked Perlini as a prospect ever since 2014, I never seriously saw him in danger of being a bust, I still ranked him as our 4th best prospect last summer, when some people were ready to give up on him.
I do like Fischer but I'm voting for Perlini, maybe purely out of habit but I'll stick with him

I didn't like the pick at the time and until this last year I had little hope that he would amount to much. Glad I was wrong.

I think I'll go with Fisher but Perlini has certainly made a strong case for himself.

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
I changed my mind last minute and chose Perlini because he is semi-proven and a shooter.

We need to find someone to get dirty goals in front of the net on PP and generally provide some grit - so it's a tough call...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad