Pick a winger for Matthews

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
When we drafted Matthews, Marner, Nylander, I envisioned 3 lines. 3 lines and a speedy/specialty 4th line is what wins and sustains.
Matthews
Kadri...Marner
Nylander

There's your core, lock it up. That's why I move end of the contract guys like JVR to keep replenishing.
That core surrounded by an influx of cost effect talent makes you a force for years.
I'm certainly open to that, too, as long as you can still get enough ice for everybody.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I'm certainly open to that, too, as long as you can still get enough ice for everybody.
I believe there is enough ice time for everyone. Teams that are yearly contenders play a lot of hockey, we've seen some teams/players look old before their time. Managing 82 games plus 2 months of playoff hockey is easier when you aren't betting it all in 1-2 guys.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Going to put some conditions on my choice that it has to be something that could actually be reality if management wanted it.

A solid LW for that line would be pending UFA James Neal.

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
To me Marner is the perfect winger for Matthews I know can each drive their own line but I think they could be magic together. Marner is like our Marty St-Louis and then Matthews is a Lecavalier/ Stamkos hybrid ( Not exactly but ) anyways a guy like Hyman with more skill would be awesome on the other wing

Reactions: The Cobra

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Now that I think about it a little more these 2 guys wouldn't be bad at all.

Marchand - LW
Pastrnak - RW

Trully a line that can get under players' skin and dominate the entire league. Haha

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Radulov is Hyman on steroids x 10. Good luck getting the puck from behind the goal line.

Passing is × 300. I call him "No Hands" Hyman. Find myself screaming at the tv saying "Look ma, No Hands". Tkachuk would be a beauty on Matthews left side to add some more snarl to the team. They need toughness in their top 6. Kadri can't do this all himself.

Reactions: The Cobra

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I still think Marner is the perfect winger for Matthews. Those two together would be literally unstopable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad