Prospect Info: Pick #201 - Valeri Vasiliev, Defense, Spartak Jrs (MHL)

Lisenok

WikiFlyers.net
Jan 17, 2004
wikiflyers.net
I hope he can play aswell as he can pull.

First of all, he's a good hockey player and captain of his team.

x_d6503ff2.jpg

x_f62b540f.jpg

x_3450b8fc.jpg

x_dab0a519.jpg

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Musings-Rookie-Camp-Forwards-Vasiliev-Injured-Quick-Hits/45/53759#.Uio9ID9y270

Late in a Spartak power play, Vasiliev retreated to his own zone and gathered a loose puck, facing the side boards from about two feet away. With Vasiliev in a vulnerable position, an Atlant player cross-checked him in the back and sent the 19-year-old defensemen awkwardly crashing into the boards.

Vasiliev was immediately in a lot of pain. At first, it looked like his wrist had gotten pinned under his weight, and he held his wrist close to his body as he skated up the tunnel after getting up off the ice. However, according to what his coach said in the postgame press-conference, the player sustained a shoulder injury. He was taken to a nearby hospital for X-rays and did not return to the game.

make that another big shoulder injury for him. it also mentions somewhere in there that he wants a 3 year stint in the khl before coming over here. either way its great that val has the set to play in the khl already but maybe he isnt physically mature enough yet despite his frame. hope its not as bad as it could be.

its a tough task eating heavy defensive minutes in the khl and for a kid who just turned 19 a few months ago its huge. he obviously has the talent but if hes getting crunched in the first game of the season what good is that to anyone.

Last edited:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Musings-Rookie-Camp-Forwards-Vasiliev-Injured-Quick-Hits/45/53759#.Uio9ID9y270

make that another big shoulder injury for him. it also mentions somewhere in there that he wants a 3 year stint in the khl before coming over here. either way its great that val has the set to play in the khl already but maybe he isnt physically mature enough yet despite his frame. hope its not as bad as it could be.

its a tough task eating heavy defensive minutes in the khl and for a kid who just turned 19 a few months ago its huge. he obviously has the talent but if hes getting crunched in the first game of the season what good is that to anyone.

Yeah it's a shame..hopefully these injuries don't add too many miles on him so soon. He kind of sounds like a Dmitri Yushkevich type player at least from the physical standpoint. However, Yushkevich had some decent offense to him with his shot if I remember correctly.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA

Meltzer tweeted he had played 8-9 minutes through the first two periods of that game. He's playing in the KHL at a young age, which is definitely good, but he's not logging big minutes. Not yet at least. Here's a link to the injury, occurring around 3:25.

http://en.khl.ru/news/2013/09/05/25231.html

rk5n

Dec 26, 2011
Bumping this thread. How has he been in the WJC? Today's game was the first I was able to see, I honestly didn't even know he was playing until he was 'slashed' by Lindholm and he 'dove'. I was too busy watching Hagg

Clown Baby*

hopefully its her apartment lol.

That said I dont care what kind of music he likes. remember the bio of Couturier on his musical tastes when the Flyers drafted him? who cares. hes a kid.
Dorm. I can't think of a working scenario where someone has a bunk in a studio.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
He hasn't been a huge factor for Russia's blueline, he's rotated between the third pairing and being the 7th defenseman. He scored their only goal in a 4-1 loss to Finland in group play.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00