Prospect Info: Pick #201 - Valeri Vasiliev, Defense, Spartak Jrs (MHL)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
7th round is the Russian Round.

Rights stay with the Flyers past two years because there is no transfer agreement.

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
(From Craig Button) Compared to Douglas Murray.

Info: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/valeri-vasiliev/

Valeri Vasiliev
  • Birthday: 1994-05-31
  • Position: D
  • Shoots: Left
  • Height: 6-1
  • Weight: 203 lbs

-----------------

17580.jpg

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Craig Button on Vasiliev: Shoulder injury killed draft stock; would have gone much higher if he wasn't hurt; likened him to Doug Murray.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Craig Button on Vasiliev: Shoulder injury killed draft stock; would have gone much higher if he wasn't hurt; likened him to Doug Murray.

He said the kid was nasty. Well other than our 1st pick I was in the dark about the rest. Thanks to everyone for being so nice and dishing out any information on these kids.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
I like this pick very much. Will be interesting to see if he comes to NA to play junior or in the AHL.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I like this pick. These are the types of guys(Vasiliev and Larsson) that we should be picking in the later rounds, not Mathers. It sounds like Vasiliev plays exactly like his father, who was one of the best defensemen in Soviet(and hockey) history.

mirimon

Oct 2, 2009
The Wrong Town
I like this pick. These are the types of guys(Vasiliev and Larsson) that we should be picking in the later rounds, not Mathers. It sounds like Vasiliev plays exactly like his father, who was one of the best defensemen in Soviet(and hockey) history.

You mean this guy, right?

Are you sure that's "our" Valeri's father? Haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I read somewhere that they are of no relation. Sorry, I don't remember where.

Giroux 4 MVP

Girøux #28
Jul 2, 2011
NJ
A lot of people are saying he is on the khl track, which means we wouldn't be able to sign him until that contract is up right?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Apparently this guy was the steal of the seventh round and could have been a second rounder with more exposure...

Round 7 - Valeri Vasiliev, Philadelphia Flyers
Valeri Vasiliev is an animal. He can crush people and plays with a fearlessness we often associate with players who haven't existed since helmet rules came into place. Does that sound like a Flyer or what? He did not get near enough exposure and could have been a second-rounder had he played more games in front of more NHL scouts. Honorable mentions in the seventh round go to Columbus with Gianluca Curcuruto and Los Angeles with Nick Ebert.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articl...-Services-Best-2012-draft-picks-by-round.html

RJ8812*

You mean this guy, right?

Are you sure that's "our" Valeri's father? Haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.

wtf?!

did I jus tsee a hit on a star player that wasnt followed by a fight?

is this video actually real?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad