Prospect Info: Pick #201 - Valeri Vasiliev, Defense, Spartak Jrs (MHL)

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
If this guy was a sleeper, that would be HUGE.

From what I know about him, he seems like more of a shut down type player. Granted, I've never watched him play myself but I'm assuming he's not going to be 'the guy' that we're all clamoring for.

Still though, if we could get a legit d-man in the 7th round? Damn! Meltzer talks about the kid occasionally, much more than any of our other late round draft picks. Reading in between the lines I think he's a fan, and I trust him. :laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He hasn't been a huge factor for Russia's blueline, he's rotated between the third pairing and being the 7th defenseman. He scored their only goal in a 4-1 loss to Finland in group play.

He played a good bit today until he took that stick to the grill. They had some kind of rotation going on with Zadorov. He looked decent.

Wonder if the Flyers will try to get him to come over since it seems his contract runs out at the end of the season.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
opinions on nikita tryamkin?hes undrafted,so i keep looking for any obvious weakness in his game-i dont see any.skates great.always seems to be in position.really good shot.makes good passes.combine his mean streak with that size.i wish he was in our system.i think he has monsterous potential.am i the only one?

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
opinions on nikita tryamkin?hes undrafted,so i keep looking for any obvious weakness in his game-i dont see any.i wish he was in our system.i think he has monsterous potential.am i the only one?

Honestly he looks like Morin a bit. Not quite as good of a skater. They have similar windups on the slapper too. Pretty big shot. He was out there in the last minute when they were down a goal too. Someone will probably take a chance on him and hope he comes over.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
Honestly he looks like Morin a bit. Not quite as good of a skater. They have similar windups on the slapper too. Pretty big shot. He was out there in the last minute when they were down a goal too. Someone will probably take a chance on him and hope he comes over.

yes,throughout the tournament they showed confidence in him.which says alot.i think for a man his size he skates and moves great.i would love to have him and morin.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site

What do you mean, someone will take a chance on him? He is Flyers property

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Saw the post in the Phantoms thread that he cancelled his contract with Spartak. Plans to come over maybe?

I am excited!

Don't know if this was mentioned yet....

Quote:
* According to Russian hockey reporter Roman Solovyov, Flyers defense prospect Valeri Vasilev has already decided to cancel his contract for next season with KHL team Spartak Moscow. Vasiliev may have interest in joining the Flyers organization sooner rather than later, after initially saying that he wanted to play a couple years in Russia and focus on adding muscle to his frame while gaining pro-level experience in the KHL.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...oLf05U.twitter

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
AHL next year? Not seen as much as him of Hagg, but from what I have seen he looks pretty solid in the KHL. Never going to be a dynamo offensively but can defend for sure.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
FYI former prospect Bodrov was made captain of Spartak Moscow this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad