Prospect Info: Pick #149: Michael Parks, RW, Cedar Rapids (USHL)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
At this point it's probably safe to say the Flyers moved on. He wasn't on the prospect camp list despite being there last year.

The Flyers currently have 44 players signed to next season (Sanheim, Aube-Kubel, & Fazleev are all slide eligible). I'm going to assume they probably won't be going to the full 50 limit this year given how the Flyers & Phantoms rosters are shaping up.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I don't know exactly what it stands for but I'm guessing it has something to do with them being slide eligible. Obviously there's some mistakes even with that though too (Goulbourne being listed & Konecny & Provorov not).

Means Konecny and Provorov have already made the Flyers ;)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I love reading old draft day posts. This thread is no different.

I can't believe we passed on Victor Öhman!!! :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I love reading old draft day posts. This thread is no different.

I honestly didn't even bother reading the previous pages of this thread before you made mention of it but thank you bringing it to my attention as I had a nice laugh noticing the poster who was complaining the most. :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I wonder if that's something fans of the other 29 teams who didn't draft him claimed.

If Parks is coming to rookie camp, I'm wondering if Hextall only wanted to give him an AHL deal, and he wanted an NHL deal. With that said, we don't officially own his rights, so he could have signed anywhere to get an ELC.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think so because Luukko went and he's also 23. So is Ouellette. They were all 2010 draft picks.

Last edited:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I don't think so because Luukko went and he's also 23. So is Ouellette. They were all 2010 draft picks.

well like I said. I didn't know. I usually don't follow the prospect camp that closely. Just go by stuff I see here. Forgot about the other 2.
In any case, I trust Hextall's judgment here. If Parks wants a ELC let him come to camp and earn it.

SchennSational1022*

Great, he'll be a good player in the AHL if not anything. Hexy seems damn insistent on these kids proving themselves and giving them prove it deals in the AHL (Parks, Padakin, Goulbourne was pressed for this same contract too).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Great, he'll be a good player in the AHL if not anything. Hexy seems damn insistent on these kids proving themselves and giving them prove it deals in the AHL (Parks, Padakin, Goulbourne was pressed for this same contract too).

It's definitely an interesting situation. Everyone not only fighting for spots, but also contracts. That will be a season-long competition on the Phantoms that should make that team better.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
It's definitely an interesting situation. Everyone not only fighting for spots, but also contracts. That will be a season-long competition on the Phantoms that should make that team better.

Not to mention it's great that we will finally have some solid depth down there and not burning NHL contracts to do it. Seemed like holmgren didn't know AHL contracts existed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not to mention it's great that we will finally have some solid depth down there and not burning NHL contracts to do it. Seemed like holmgren didn't know AHL contracts existed.

One of the problems with waiting to PPL to open and having to run out of Glens Falls was that they had an old and dilapidated arena and facilities (it really is an ECHL-level market). That made it harder to attract better AHL talent, and since the Flyers drafted so poorly, they knew they wouldn't be a good team, either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad