Phoenix XX: Two Weeks!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
2 years, 42 threads

so many memories...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dado

That is why I am curious if this falls apart would Glendale be desperate enough to frame up a case against the NHL.

I've all along assumed they would. If for no other reason than pointing a bold finger at someone else obfuscates things on the political side.

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Yes, this speculation is interesting but premature. After all, the deal is expected to be concluded successfully within two weeks. :sarcasm:

Precisely! :nod:

However, now if the Hulsizer deal does in fact fail and Glendale goes rogue and sues the NHL, no matter how absurd the city's claim is, I will be able to triumphantly return to HFBoards to post "I suspected this might happen!"

And you know what that's worth? ... ... ... Extra Snuggie! ;)

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I sometimes do wonder what the day will be like if/when I come to the business boards and DO NOT see a "Coyotes PART *blank* thread as being active.

I wonder how many of us will say "something seems missing here....." (by then of course you can all get ready to read ABD and Tinalera book we're writing on this whole saga :naughty:)

Don't worry. Given the historical business practices of the NHL and its members, I'm sure there will always be something to talk about. :blah:

wpgJetsfan

Dec 24, 2010
How many times has "two weeks" been said up to this point?:laugh:

If NHL/CoG says "April/May" Gosh that's playoff time, they're gonna wait until after the playoffs-that means they're coming to Winnipeg for 2011-12 AAAAAHHHH!:sarcasm:

Seriously, that's too far-they seem to content to say 2 weeks, and keep repeating themselves.

to paraprhase a line from the Barenaked Ladies "It's been 2 weeks you said the deal was done....." (hopefully someone can do better :laugh:)

I posted in these Phoenix threads about a source from TNSE. Their deadline is before May 1st. They will not accept the team past that date as they would not be prepared to take the team and sell season tickets in time plus all the other things.

So if the team were to relocate back to Winnipeg, it will be mentioned by the NHL and TNSE around that deadline. Besides, if the Coyotes do not make the playoffs this year, then it will be easier to report.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Precisely! :nod:

However, now if the Hulsizer deal does in fact fail and Glendale goes rogue and sues the NHL, no matter how absurd the city's claim is, I will be able to triumphantly return to HFBoards to post "I suspected this might happen!"

And you know what that's worth? ... ... ... Extra Snuggie! ;)

Nothing better than an "I told you so!" to go with a Snuggie! :D

PitbulI

Dec 22, 2010
The Coyotes are in the playoff hunt and unless they totally collapse, I'm thinking that if they don't make the playoffs, we wouldn't know till April anyways.

Also, if they do make the playoffs, late April. Then if the craziest thing were to happen and they win the Stanley Cup, then we all know the NHL will most likely own this team another year.

How would it be to announce the move before the season is over when there is a chance that Pheonix could do very well in the playoffs. Having a Stanley Cup champion team moving, that wouldn't be good for business or PR.

I'm starting to think that even if this deal is dead, all parties involved know that nothing can be announced till the Coyotes are out of the playoffs or playoff hunt.

Unlike in Winnipeg in 1996, if Coyotes fans learn the team is moving, I'm thinking that the attendance will drop even further even though STH already paid for their tickets.

wpgJetsfan

Dec 24, 2010
The Coyotes are in the playoff hunt and unless they totally collapse, I'm thinking that if they don't make the playoffs, we wouldn't know till April anyways.

Also, if they do make the playoffs, late April. Then if the craziest thing were to happen and they win the Stanley Cup, then we all know the NHL will most likely own this team another year.

How would it be to announce the move before the season is over when there is a chance that Pheonix could do very well in the playoffs. Having a Stanley Cup champion team moving, that wouldn't be good for business or PR.

I'm starting to think that even if this deal is dead, all parties involved know that nothing can be announced till the Coyotes are out of the playoffs or playoff hunt.

Unlike in Winnipeg in 1996, if Coyotes fans learn the team is moving, I'm thinking that the attendance will drop even further even though STH already paid for their tickets.

I have the Coyotes pegged 10th in the conference and out of the playoffs this year.

Their next 5 games are against teams just below them in the standings. A bunch of losses could see the games coming down to the wire.

JetFan4Ever

May 23, 2010
The CoG is on the hook for up to 25 million. The NHL won't touch that money until this deal has 0% chance of success. CoG isn't going to say anything until this deal has 0% chance of success or they have it complete. I'm sure the NHL is paying the accounts (they own the team and wouldn't like bad press about not paying their bills).
If Goldwater or anyone was going to sue about the 25 million they would of done so last summer. Not saying it's not against the gift clause but what can be gained if the team is leaving.
This story isn't over but the longer it goes the less chance of it ending well for the Coyotes in my opinion.

If that is the case, and I assume the team has lost money to this point, where is the money coming from to keep the team functioning? If the NHL is paying, would that money have been taken on a line of credit? Surely there would be interest on this money. I wonder how much that will add to the final costs.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I have the Coyotes pegged 10th in the conference and out of the playoffs this year.

Their next 5 games are against teams just below them in the standings. A bunch of losses could see the games coming down to the wire.

Or against the number one team in the league. Like tonight against the Canucks

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
Does anyone see this thread as sort of a perpetual motion machine? There is no news, but the speculation is rampant.:sarcasm:

Will the deal get done? Will the bonds sell? Can MH buy the bonds and make out twice? Will the GWI sue? Will they win? Is Ice Edge is our out? Are they really as ridiculous as they sound? How desperate is the CoG? Does the NHL really want to go back to Winnipeg? Is the BoGs pissed at Bettman? How much time should this take? How much time can this take? How long with TSNE wait. And what about Quebec City and Atlanta?

When you think about it, 48 threads and counting is either really, really funny, or somewhat sad. And, at this point, it is amazing exactly how little we know about this deal and whether it will, or will not, consummate.:shakehead

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
Or against the number one team in the league. Like tonight against the Canucks

I will be at the game, and I am not looking forward to the beat down I am afraid the Canucks are going to lay on the Coyotes.

They are picking a bad time of year to start to stubble, and Bryz just isn't up to the same form as last year. Oh well, at least I know we have a few more home games for sure.

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
So, anyone have any special plans when two weeks are up if things have (or haven't) concluded?

i work a block from portage and main....if it goes down, I have a half dozen hockey sticks in the back room and a nicely folded WHA Jets, Willy Lindstrom jersey in my filing cabinet, ready to head out for the celebrations and spontaneous street hockey game.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
When you think about it, 48 threads and counting is either really, really funny, or somewhat sad. And, at this point, it is amazing exactly how little we know about this deal and whether it will, or will not, consummate.:shakehead

Hence the speculation.

goyotes, I know you want this deal to go through; however, what chance do you honestly believe that this deal will go through?

To me it just appears that everyone is going through the motions hoping to pull the rabbit out of the hat and save the Yotes. For the record, I still think that the chance to save the Yotes is still there; however, that chance reduces slightly each day that passes.

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC
I will be at the game, and I am not looking forward to the beat down I am afraid the Canucks are going to lay on the Coyotes.

They are picking a bad time of year to start to stubble, and Bryz just isn't up to the same form as last year. Oh well, at least I know we have a few more home games for sure.

are you going on Saturday? I'm jealous of the snuggies. Seriously.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
are you going on Saturday? I'm jealous of the snuggies. Seriously.

Have no fear, there will be plenty of Coyotes snuggies available on e-bay. I was able to buy 3 Bobby Hull Winnipeg Jets Mc Farlane figurines given out at a previous Coyotes game. Has anyone seen the Shane Doan Mc Farlane in a Winnipeg Jets jersey? What is that all about? or the NHL video game where the Coyotes can be played as the Winnipeg Jets? If this was a novel I would consider it to be possible foreshadowing. I guess we will all find out in 2 weeks if a deal is imminent.:sarcasm:

AllByDesign

Who's this ABD guy??
Mar 17, 2010
Location, Location!
I sometimes do wonder what the day will be like if/when I come to the business boards and DO NOT see a "Coyotes PART *blank* thread as being active.

I wonder how many of us will say "something seems missing here....." (by then of course you can all get ready to read ABD and Tinalera book we're writing on this whole saga :naughty:)

Sub in the new team of interest and it will pick up from there. As for the book... I anticipate a tidy sum.

Does anyone see this thread as sort of a perpetual motion machine? There is no news, but the speculation is rampant.:sarcasm:

Yes... yes we do. It has formed a life of its own and cannot be controlled... sure some have tried to contain it... futile I tells ya.

If there is a way to pick up an extra Coyotes Snuggie, I would be happy to pay for it and the subsequent shipping. I now I kid sometimes, but this is for real.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Will the deal get done? Will the bonds sell? Can MH buy the bonds and make out twice? Will the GWI sue? Will they win? Is Ice Edge is our out? Are they really as ridiculous as they sound? How desperate is the CoG? Does the NHL really want to go back to Winnipeg? Is the BoGs pissed at Bettman? How much time should this take? How much time can this take? How long with TSNE wait. And what about Quebec City and Atlanta?
:shakehead

:laugh: Try some Ritalin & Red Wine goyotes, copious amounts of the latter, then go for a drive in the desert, something I often do when troubled by these questions. Having seen no one nor another car for miles, sometimes, I imagine Im all alone in the world. Then I wonder, how could that be?. Who built this car, the road it sits on?.

Last edited:

MAROONSRoad

f/k/a Ghost
Feb 24, 2007
Maroons Rd.

Looks like you won't have any competition from Shoalts:

dshoalts David Shoalts
Only if offered mega bucks. Otherwise, rather poke eyes out with official Ice Edge pencil. RT @Keith_Dowler: U gonna write a book on this?

:laugh:

GHOST

Moobles

Mar 15, 2009
Ever seen a double rainbow?

:laugh: Try some Ritalin & Red Wine goyotes, copious amounts of the latter, then go for a drive in the desert, something I often do when troubled by these questions. Often, having seen no one nor another car for miles, sometimes, I imagine Im all alone in the world. Then I wonder, how could that be?. Who built this car, the road it sits on?.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd

We're gonna win tonight, and if we don't... it'll be news to me. :nod:

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Awesome... Exclusive rights... gigidy gigidy yeah...

awwww right.

Indeed! :D

At least ours is going be more objective I would think-Shoalts book would just be a whine-fest if the Yotes stay there, or if they come to Peg, complaining about how "unmarketable" the team was-

Either way it would be totally onesided.

Sad, I used to like Shoalts up until this situation-now he just comes as a bitter journalist...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad