NHLfan4life

Who is PKP???
Nov 22, 2010
Glendale
Coyotes fans through the years ;):

2009: "We hate Hamilton! If anywhere, the team should move to Winnipeg."

2010/2011: "We hate Winnipeg! If anywhere, they should move to Quebec City."

2012: "We hate Quebec City!"

Well, I would say hate is a strong word because very few knew where they were on a map lol.

I would say we want them to have a team, just not ours. :handclap:

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
.....to have his moment in the sunnucks.

Well played! :laugh:

Why on Earth would GJ want to get involved in the bottomless money pit that is the Phoenix Coyotes? That's the one thing I keep coming back to... as others have said, he could put together a group and purchase an NHL team that is actually profitable or close to it. Why would he subject himself to the Coyotes cluster-****? That part defies logic.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Coyotes fans through the years ;):

2009: "We hate Hamilton! If anywhere, the team should move to Winnipeg."

2010/2011: "We hate Winnipeg! If anywhere, they should move to Quebec City."

2012: "We hate Quebec City!"

Jets fans through the years
We want coyotes. We want coyotes. Okay, we will settle with thrashers. We just want any team at all!!! :)

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Twitter?

I only believe handshakes, contracts and certified cheques.

Call me a fool, Qc will have a team by a couple weeks, Coyotes or not.

If he was reporting coyotes move to QC approved, you would call his tweet GOLD!! Haha. Funny how a spin changes that tune, eh!

barneyg

Apr 22, 2007
Thanks, I did not know that. Do you think that is why the NHL dragged this out another year because they did not want Moyes to get any profit?

.. if the team had been sold at a profit, including relo fee's as of November 1st, 2011 - "all profits returned to Moyes BK Estate". What do you think viper?. Do I have to buy you some fangs?....

I agree with Killion's answer :)

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I'm intrigued to see what else is included in a Jamison proposal to Glendale, assuming he submits one. I'm skeptical that Jamison would agree to an offer that only included the "Arena Management Fee" subsidy, especially now that it has been reduced to $17MM. That would be a significant departure from what the previous MOUs sought in public funding.

I would also use caution when opining that Goldwater would not challenge a Jamison sale simply because they opted not to file against the $25MM payments to the NHL. Attorney Dranias is now more readily available having completed his case in front of the Supreme Court (successfully). Comments from Goldwater cause me to believe that the sales tax increase associated with funding the Coyotes plan may be the type of apple the institute chooses to bite.

On twitter just now, from @HockeyyInsiderr CONFIRMED: #Coyotes sale to Greg Jamison has been APPROVED. Official announcement will be made next week. I wonder where he takes that from.. and if it's solid. Any thoughts?

Didn't we do this exact story back in the beginning of the year after some random guy claiming to be a reporter in Phoenix twittered the same thing? Twitter is like the electronic National Enquirer, funny to read but clearly not to be taken seriously.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
There's a reason this site has the policy it has with Twitter... if it's not from a recognized media personality, it's probably crap.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
GJ agreed to 17M in year 1. 20M for years 2-3-4 and 10M for next 15 years. Well north of 200M when all is said and done. Some have estimated closer 300M but I'm not 100% certain.

I had thought the first 25M came from selling assets from the "Enterprise Fund".. which was something GWI couldn't challenge. Not sure why they didn't challenge the 2nd 25M. Could have been they were too busy "informing" investors about the "parking" bonds to bother with the 25M
part 2. there you have it.. i think.

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
If he was reporting coyotes move to QC approved, you would call his tweet GOLD!! Haha. Funny how a spin changes that tune, eh!

Find one post where I report a tweet giving it credibility?

Easier, find one post where I report a tweet on the Coyotes?

ebergeron

Mar 27, 2012
Quebec
www.websimhockey.com
Sorry, I wasnt aware of the twitter rule.

Not saying he is credible though, but he does have 6,000+ followers hehe.

I find it always odd to throw something like that without backing it up with anything. But it did get retweeted alot lol (50+ times)

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
Well played! :laugh:

Why on Earth would GJ want to get involved in the bottomless money pit that is the Phoenix Coyotes? That's the one thing I keep coming back to... as others have said, he could put together a group and purchase an NHL team that is actually profitable or close to it. Why would he subject himself to the Coyotes cluster-****? That part defies logic.

GJ is an NHL insider. The plum I would hold out for, and the league may actually bite on, would be a guarantee that if in say 5 years if the team isn't profitable that I'm allowed to move the team sans relocation fee to a select list of cities (say KC, QC, SEA, HOU). This would then allow GJ to run with the team in a new location or cash out in inevitable increase in franchise value as his reward for taking on the 'Yotes.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
GJ is an NHL insider. The plum I would hold out for, and the league may actually bite on, would be a guarantee that if in say 5 years if the team isn't profitable that I'm allowed to move the team sans relocation fee to a select list of cities (say KC, QC, SEA, HOU). This would then allow GJ to run with the team in a new location or cash out in inevitable increase in franchise value as his reward for taking on the 'Yotes.

This would not look good on the NHL as they are trying to get good attention in the US. And if this was the case don't think that the CoG would approve. If the team is to move to QC(as they are the only city with owner willing to pay and a new arena on the way) or any other city it would be this year. If they don't move then they are in for the long haul, that is until Glendale runs out of money or residents(taxpayers) .

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I'm intrigued to see what else is included in a Jamison proposal to Glendale, assuming he submits one.

Perhaps his plans include the purchase of Westgate, instituting a CFD, charging for parking... until we some paper from this guy, who knows?. The absence of anything is certainly curious, troubling.

Cryogenic Man

Mar 6, 2012
GJ agreed to 17M in year 1. 20M for years 2-3-4 and 10M for next 15 years. Well north of 200M when all is said and done. Some have estimated closer 300M but I'm not 100% certain.

I had thought the first 25M came from selling assets from the "Enterprise Fund".. which was something GWI couldn't challenge. Not sure why they didn't challenge the 2nd 25M. Could have been they were too busy "informing" investors about the "parking" bonds to bother with the 25M
part 2. there you have it.. i think.

You missed $15M for years 5-6-7-8 then it drops to $10M a year. So that would be for about 11 years. Those are the numbers Ed Beasley gave the council 3 weeks ago.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
You missed $15M for years 5-6-7-8 then it drops to $10M a year. So that would be for about 11 years. Those are the numbers Ed Beasley gave the council 3 weeks ago.

What's another 40M give or take between the COG and GJ? :thumbu:

So many numbers... so little time to make sense of them all.:amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad