Phoenix XLV: You can't YANDLE the truth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Once in a while, I will question why this particular matter has become such an enjoyable hobby for me. Then I come across things like this email thread...

Anthony LeBlanc and Lakehead Yale Sports back in the game :sarcasm:

Disclaimer: I did not obtain this document directly. A colleague forwarded it to me. I have no doubt that it is authentic. Darcie McCracken, whose name appears at the top of the document, is the Glendale public records clerk.

This isn't legit, looks like it was written on a typewriter, jks. I hate to say it but I kind of want the Coyotes to miss the playoffs so that this whole process can get moving, of course I said that last year. I would think that if there is a legit plan B that Scrubbs jumps on it as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The saddest part of that miserable email chain is how badly minor league hockey would fail in Glendale. It would meet an extremely abrupt end. Like two seasons tops. That city is doomed.

RAgIn

Oct 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ont
This is absolute gold. If LeBlanc misrepresented what Daly had told him about "Plan B", then it takes IEH to an absolutely new level of breathtaking incompetence and their exaggerated sense of entitlement.

By the way, does it strike anyone else as odd that Beasley can't even spell Daly's name, even though they have been negotiating on and off for over three years? It seems that he went to the same spelling and grammar school as Hulsizer.

I guess that the Coyotes fans would be a tad less positive than they were initially about the IEH gang once they find out that they are pushing hard for "Plan B".

Wow! Spelling mistakes aplenty. Did the spellcheck function not work properly? :amazed:

Beasley! I know your retiring in a few months, but cmon, you should be maximizing your efforts while your still in office. :handclap:

RandR

May 15, 2011
I hate to be the one to bring this up but i am betting we see and end to this this summer for one reason the CBA.

Unless i am mistaken money such as the 60mil relocation fee that TNSE paid is not considered part of hockey revenues so it doesn't have to be shared with the players. I bet in the new CBA that relocation fees and expansion fees (for when the league goes to 32 teams) will be part of the new CBA.

Moving the Coyotes this off season would get the owners at least some funds should we get into another lockout like most of us expect
Good point, but I have to think that if Phoenix isn't sold before the new CBA (for example, because CoG puts up another $20-25 million for next year) that the NHL would insist on excluding the "pending" sale of the Coyotes from any future inclusion of league-related revenue because the bulk of the timeline of the NHL's temporary ownership of the Coyotes predates the new CBA. And failing that, the league could claim, probably legitimately, that the sale price of the Coyotes - purchase price of the Coyotes out of bankruptcy - annual operating losses accrued by the NHL - fees and costs associated with buying the Coyotes, fighting off Balsillie in court, searching for a buyer, making the sale, etc = a net loss to the NHL.

Having said that, Fehr would probably fight all that too, and so selling the Coyotes before the new CBA does make for one less thing for the two sides to fight over.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
This is absolute gold. If LeBlanc misrepresented what Daly had told him about "Plan B", then it takes IEH to an absolutely new level of breathtaking incompetence and their exaggerated sense of entitlement.

By the way, does it strike anyone else as odd that Beasley can't even spell Daly's name, even though they have been negotiating on and off for over three years? It seems that he went to the same spelling and grammar school as Hulsizer.

I guess that the Coyotes fans would be a tad less positive than they were initially about the IEH gang once they find out that they are pushing hard for "Plan B".

How is it incompetent?

Ice Edge's original goal was to land a minor league hockey team. They see a city with an arena that may lose its major tenant, and face running it themselves. So why not see if they'd be interested in their arena management services that might bring a minor league team in as a replacement tenant? Plus the possibility of buying the arena down the road.

THIS.... of course is dependent upon them getting a minor league team to begin with. I think it's been covered before that a minor league team in PHX would be a logistical nightmare (travel costs).

This is just business. You see an opportunity.... you investigate it.

However...... a quick google of Lakehead Yale Sports brought this....

http://thegiantnews.blogspot.com/2012/03/say-hello-to-lakehead-yale-sports.html

The article is dated two weeks ago.

Last edited:

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC
On what sub-human level of the NYC Transit System you travellin on?...

I meant the entertainment value of Ice Clown Holdings. They still surpass Hulzinger and TL Hocking.

I wonder where we would be today if they had not been granted exclusive negotiation rights back in 2010?

ducks2010

I buy milk in bags
Apr 6, 2010
The saddest part of that miserable email chain is how badly minor league hockey would fail in Glendale. It would meet an extremely abrupt end. Like two seasons tops. That city is doomed.

But during those two years, Ice Clown Holdings will not lose a cent I bet. Glendale will make necessary concessions to them to get them started... after all without Ice Clown Holdings and minor league hockey it is going to cost COG $25 million anyways just to pay the electricity and water bills without a hockey team. Here we go again!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
How is it incompetent?

Ice Edge's original goal was to land a minor league hockey team. They see a city with an arena that may lose its major tenant, and face running it themselves. So why not see if they'd be interested in their arena management services that might bring a minor league team in as a replacement tenant? Plus the possibility of buying the arena down the road.

THIS.... of course is dependent upon them getting a minor league team to begin with. I think it's been covered before that a minor league team in PHX would be a logistical nightmare (travel costs).

This is just business. You see an opportunity.... you investigate it.

However...... a quick google of Lakehead Yale Sports brought this....

http://thegiantnews.blogspot.com/2012/03/say-hello-to-lakehead-yale-sports.html

The article is dated two weeks ago.

I wrote that if the IEH gang had misrepresented what Daly told them about the NHL's position on their approach to Glendale, it would display a high level of incompetence. That's because there is no way that someone in Glendale doesn't pick up the phone to call the NHL to find out if they have actually given their endorsement for a group to pursue "Plan B", which Beasley did. Now, Glendale has been told that LeBlanc was blowing smoke about the NHL's support, which should raise all sorts of red flags about IEH's new venture as a potential business partner.

If, on the other hand, Daly did give a nod to LeBlanc to approach Glendale about "Plan B" and is now denying it to Beasley, then it shows that LeBlanc was still naive and jumped the gun. There is no way that the NHL is going to let another entity control the timeframe for when news leaks out about the NHL's endorsement of a "Plan B". They are not willing to publicly admit that a local sale is not in the cards, so why would they let LeBlanc and his IEH gang in on that pearl?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The other obvious issue with the IEH approach to Glendale is that almost certainly see Glendale as a potentially desperate partner, willing to fork over generous terms. Heck, they are on record as saying that it costs "in the neighbourhood of $15 million" to manage the arena without the Coyotes, so that might be a starting point in negotiations on an arena management fee. No wonder IEH is interested.

I guess we're on to the next thread soon. Titles?

"No Mr. Hulsizer, No Mr. Somebody Else, No Nothing"?

or just "No Mr. Somebody Else"?

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
It means that Anthony LeBlanc (formerly of Ice Edge Holdings) has a sports management company "Lakehead Yale Sports Holdings, LLC" and Anthony sent Glendale an unsolicited offer to put a minor league franchise into Jobing.com arena after the Coyotes leave. LeBlanc asserts that he has spoke to the NHL and they approved his pursuit of a minor league deal in Glendale.

Ed Beasley, City Manager of Glendale, responds that the NHL advised him that the league has no knowledge of LeBlanc's plan and do not support it.

Mayor Scruggs asks Beasley to clarify the discrepancy.

IEH couldn't come up with an easier name to remember?? And I like how Ed's e-mail says he just got the letter then responds the NHL told him it wasn't accurate. Did he just get it or did he get it, call the NHL to get clarification then write the e-mail. THis makes me wonder how much info Beasely has been withholding from the council through the years.

I wrote that if the IEH gang had misrepresented what Daly told them about the NHL's position on their approach to Glendale, it would display a high level of incompetence. That's because there is no way that someone in Glendale doesn't pick up the phone to call the NHL to find out if they have actually given their endorsement for a group to pursue "Plan B", which Beasley did. Now, Glendale has been told that LeBlanc was blowing smoke about the NHL's support, which should raise all sorts of red flags about IEH's new venture as a potential business partner.

If, on the other hand, Daly did give a nod to LeBlanc to approach Glendale about "Plan B" and is now denying it to Beasley, then it shows that LeBlanc was still naive and jumped the gun. There is no way that the NHL is going to let another entity control the timeframe for when news leaks out about the NHL's endorsement of a "Plan B". They are not willing to publicly admit that a local sale is not in the cards, so why would they let LeBlanc and his IEH gang in on that pearl?

Why would f/k/a IEH need NHL approval for putting a minor league hockey team in the arena if the yotes aren't there? The minor leagues are independent of the NHL, though some NHL teams own their minor league affiliates.

New thread titles with a professional wrestling slant cause all this is just as ridiculous:

"Can you smell what the Bettman is cooking?"
"U Can't C Me!!

Last edited:

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
So long as the NHL itself manages to extort as much as possible from an obviously beyond distressed "asset", no worries huh?... :rant:

Yes I have no worries. The NHL is a business not a charity. They are not in the business to facilitate any sale by giving money away. If no owner wants to step up and purchase the Yotes in Glendale under the NHL terms the team will move. Period end of story.

Last edited:

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
The absolute avoidance of anyone saying anything that someone else agrees to is mind-blowing. No wonder the NHL, the Mayor, the council, Beasley, potential buyers... will never come to an agreement.

Someone says such and such is happening and the other parties all deny it.

Why do I get the feeling that somewhere in Glendale someone about to retire is stuffing suitcases full of money and shreading documents.[/
QUOTE]

First rule in a conspiracy case -- the less you know, the better. All parties seem to be taking this to heart.

The IEH guys are the gift that keeps on giving. I think a bunch of posters should create Biz Nes Ovocky Board LLC and reach out to CoG with our offer to manage the arena and book additional dates (bead selling at Westgate) just to get into the minutes of a public reading. Who's in?

(Short version of a long story -- in College a bunch of us tried to enter a horse (that we didn't own) into the Kentucky Derby. We did not get accepted but got a lovely rejection letter from the Kentucky Racing Commission, which we framed and hung in the bar where we conceived the idea.)

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I'm a little confused here: why does LeBlanc have to ask the NHL's permission about wanting to put a minor-league team at Jobing.com?

The NHL has nothing to do with the lease at Jobing, so IceEdge or LLC should be able to conact the COG after the Coyotes mess is done and say 'Hey, we'd like to manage your arena and figure out how to put some hockey back in there'.

As for next thread title, my votes goes for "No Mr. Anybody Else".

Dado

No wonder the NHL, the Mayor, the council, Beasley, potential buyers... will never come to an agreement.

At some point - it's like those damn bonds that were supposedly on sale but nobody was allowed to buy - the only reasonable conclusion is that Powerful Forces Are At Work And They Don't Want A Positive Outcome, regardless of what they are saying publicly.

I read that series of emails a bit differently - sounds to me like Ice Edge is unemployed and begging for a consulting gig.

And - not to be mean or anything - but if that is how badly Beasley composes with spellcheck, he must be a Gold Star content supplier over at DamnYouAutoCorrect.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Reading the article in another made thread (soon to be merged no doubt), I wasn't aware Beasley was going to "retire" as well this summer.

Could we safely say then that even IF the 25 mil gets voted for one more year, next season would truly be the last season as I would expect the people to vote in polticos were will be adamant about not paying another 25 million next year?

Mind you I guess in this saga nothing is EVER "safe to say" ;)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That's interesting. If a large portion of those involved in this mess from a COG perspective are out anyway, maybe they throw a hail Mary 25mil out there and pray something gets worked out with a local owner in the next year so they don't live on in infamy.

ebergeron

Mar 27, 2012
Quebec
www.websimhockey.com
That's interesting. If a large portion of those involved in this mess from a COG perspective are out anyway, maybe they throw a hail Mary 25mil out there and pray something gets worked out with a local owner in the next year so they don't live on in infamy.

On the contrary, last year they miraculously saved the franchise by injecting another 25M$ but it took everything to get it.

This year around, she won't have the legitimacy to impose such a spending, knowing she won't be around next year. She won't be able to fight for this as she did last year.

To me, this is a strong indication that she just threw the towel on the whole thing, knowing that she won't be able to press them to invest another 25M$ again this year.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Once in a while, I will question why this particular matter has become such an enjoyable hobby for me. Then I come across things like this email thread...

Anthony LeBlanc and Lakehead Yale Sports back in the game :sarcasm:

Disclaimer: I did not obtain this document directly. A colleague forwarded it to me. I have no doubt that it is authentic. Darcie McCracken, whose name appears at the top of the document, is the Glendale public records clerk.

I agree with Whileee - pure comedic gold. thanks for posting that. When the Coyote saga finally ends, I will have a considerable hole in my life.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Could we safely say then that even IF the 25 mil gets voted for one more year, next season would truly be the last season as I would expect the people to vote in polticos were will be adamant about not paying another 25 million next year?

If indeed the outgoing Mayor does push through another 25M payment combined with The Beadles retirement, its possible the incoming Mayor & fresh faces on Council, new City Manager will be cut from a different cloth.

Rather than desperately entertaining CarpetBaggers & Grifters, looking for loopholes in the Gift Clause, they confront & place the onus of responsibilty in facilitating a sale at the feet of the NHL where its always really belonged. Rather than being desperately submissive, they demand results & action with transparency for the people of Glendales investments of now well over Six Hundred Million Dollars.

Dont hold your breath though. Ive as much confidence in Politicians to do the right thing as the Captain of that Italian Luxury Liner did in abandoning ship to save his own skin & call his Mommy while his passengers were drowning.

Last edited:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I meant the entertainment value of Ice Clown Holdings. They still surpass Hulzinger and TL Hocking.

I wonder where we would be today if they had not been granted exclusive negotiation rights back in 2010?

oops... dang that Cabernet of lastnite. So solly Othmar... and ya, not only in Phoenix but so too in Missouri, Hulsizers "exclusivity" jamming up the freeway for 6mnths, rubberneckers such as I in total disbelief that after the crash he'd created in Az the NHL didnt just pull his License. Now their stuck paying the bill in St.Louis because Matt was cruising through the league without any insurance... in a stolen car no less.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I agree with Whileee - pure comedic gold. thanks for posting that. When the Coyote saga finally ends, I will have a considerable hole in my life.

Don't worry bro, there is at least three more years of the Islanders death rattle left to dissect as they inch closer and closer to Seattle:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad