Phoenix XLIII: How to Bake Cupcakes in Less Than Two Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc360

Apr 3, 2008
I know about the low dollar and Marcel being a jerk. I was simpling refuting pats point that passion means sucess or the NHl will keep a team in a location. The leauge does not work like that.

It certainy helps a lot, especially in today's market.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Last week we had buyers milling about. So now we are inching towards a deal.

When someone mentions inches, I think a foot or so to go. It would have been helpful if someone could have mentioned 3 years ago that we had to cover the distance of a mile to get this deal done... one inch at a time. :cry:
This is just ridiculous, in 2 months it will be 4.5 years. Even the NBA has found owners for the hornets.

davemac1313

Jan 20, 2011
Keewatin, Ontario
clearly...this Thread(s) is now on cycle 2.

--Smaller Canadian city trying to justify the loss of a team years ago and why they now deserve one back
--Comparing attendance in the 80's early 90's when arenas were all pretty much 14000, to today when 18K is the norm (you can't quote attendance fairly in cities in 1990 to compare to today, the game and fan base have grown.....hence the revenue increases.....this is a straw man argument at best)
---Sunnocks knows as little today as he did 1 year ago (really almost looks like he just reprints columns but changes a few names)
---Internet folk(wtf is his name? Zorn?) that suddenly think Coyotes Hockey LLC on the COG agenda is news...clearly have not been following along and have no idea that this has been there for 2 years....Yet they act like it is news and a step toward a new owner. It's nothing
---The COG having any real clue what the hell they are involved in, is beyond comprehension, they have never been in the loop or even on the same page......ever...not once
---Trust GB to be straightforward? Ask Ouebec or Winnipeg in the 90's.....the man has a gift for oral manipulation....and not the kind that satisfies.....you ain't ever gonna get your money's worth from any act he performs.
---anyone thinking that today, yesterday or ever that the COG has a legal leg to stand on, on anything regarding any of their sports investments.
---That Westgate means anything to the hockey team or provides any added value or arena traffic....Outlet mall or not....(tell me how that helps a hockey team....people bargain hunting for designer *&^% at 60% off regular retail...do not pay League average prices for tickets)
---That Roc and Mauch know anymore than Hustler and Lawless about whats really going on.
---That some friend of a rich guy really knows anything that Gary Bettman is thinking...for real
---and finally, for the what????.....the 16th year in a row.......that any owner of this team in it's present location....can make any money....ever.....I mean in forever....wait...that should be never.

The ONLY chance for Hockey to succeed in this market is by leaving this market. Maybe after a few years the same kind of passion seen in Quebec and Winnipeg will entice a very rich person to invest in this market again. IF I EVER see 10,000 or more fans at a rally to bring the NHL to this market in the future.....I will believe that it could succeed. Then it will be clear that the fans understood what they had and lost.

There is simply not enough "I give a damn support" to ensure anything more than a year or 2 until we are back at this same juncture. A new owner will quickly become the new reason for failure of the market.

---Apologies to my Nordique friends......but the end result of this saga will be the first documented instance of "Kiss a Frog and your Dreams will come True".....at least for one city.....

It's over....gawd...call the vet.....there is only hope......to prolong the inevitable......the right thing needs to be done.....put this Dog down.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
clearly...this Thread(s) is now on cycle 2.

--Smaller Canadian city trying to justify the loss of a team years ago and why they now deserve one back
--Comparing attendance in the 80's early 90's when arenas were all pretty much 14000, to today when 18K is the norm (you can't quote attendance fairly in cities in 1990 to compare to today, the game and fan base have grown.....hence the revenue increases.....this is a straw man argument at best)
---Sunnocks knows as little today as he did 1 year ago (really almost looks like he just reprints columns but changes a few names)
---Internet folk(wtf is his name? Zorn?) that suddenly think Coyotes Hockey LLC on the COG agenda is news...clearly have not been following along and have no idea that this has been there for 2 years....Yet they act like it is news and a step toward a new owner. It's nothing
---The COG having any real clue what the hell they are involved in, is beyond comprehension, they have never been in the loop or even on the same page......ever...not once
---Trust GB to be straightforward? Ask Ouebec or Winnipeg in the 90's.....the man has a gift for oral manipulation....and not the kind that satisfies.....you ain't ever gonna get your money's worth from any act he performs.
---anyone thinking that today, yesterday or ever that the COG has a legal leg to stand on, on anything regarding any of their sports investments.
---That Westgate means anything to the hockey team or provides any added value or arena traffic....Outlet mall or not....(tell me how that helps a hockey team....people bargain hunting for designer *&^% at 60% off regular retail...do not pay League average prices for tickets)
---That Roc and Mauch know anymore than Hustler and Lawless about whats really going on.
---That some friend of a rich guy really knows anything that Gary Bettman is thinking...for real
---and finally, for the what????.....the 16th year in a row.......that any owner of this team in it's present location....can make any money....ever.....I mean in forever....wait...that should be never.

The ONLY chance for Hockey to succeed in this market is by leaving this market. Maybe after a few years the same kind of passion seen in Quebec and Winnipeg will entice a very rich person to invest in this market again. IF I EVER see 10,000 or more fans at a rally to bring the NHL to this market in the future.....I will believe that it could succeed. Then it will be clear that the fans understood what they had and lost.

There is simply not enough "I give a damn support" to ensure anything more than a year or 2 until we are back at this same juncture. A new owner will quickly become the new reason for failure of the market.

---Apologies to my Nordique friends......but the end result of this saga will be the first documented instance of "Kiss a Frog and your Dreams will come True".....at least for one city.....

It's over....gawd...call the vet.....there is only hope......to prolong the inevitable......the right thing needs to be done.....put this Dog down.
Well Dave, you have it down. But bettman and his ego will not allow a move unless his back is against the wall, like in Atlanta.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

This is just ridiculous, in 2 months it will be 4.5 years.

Yes.

I think it shows that the NHL really does not want to go to QC yet. Not sure if it is the (old) arena, the idea of losing a 2nd team to Canada in 2 years or because they don't want to walk out on Glendale after they built an arena. No matter the reason, they are exhausting every option no matter how small or remote.

Last edited by a moderator:

davemac1313

Jan 20, 2011
Keewatin, Ontario
Yes.

I think it shows that the NHL really does not want to go to QC yet. Not sure if it is the (old) arena, the idea of losing a 2nd team to Canada in 2 years or because they don't want to walk out on Glendale after they built an arena. No matter the reason, they are exhausting every option no matter how small or remote.

Gary doesn't care about Glendale...cmon...he's not a charity.....some owner...who is no longer associated with the team, made the deal with Glendale to build the Arena. They are exhausting every Available cent from Glendale....UNTIL THEY (THE NHL) are ready to exhaust every available cent out of the next party in line.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

^^^^^

Two other reasons I forgot to mention...

1) The BOG's feel a new CBA may allow the Coyotes to survive financially;
2) Canadian expansion money (Q.C. + Toronto 2 - which would be far north [pun intended] of anything they could get for Seattle or for a team returning to Phoenix) is making the owners drool.

Last edited by a moderator:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Gary doesn't care about Glendale

I am not sure about that. This team could have moved long ago if GB did not care. QC was always available. So was Hamilton. I think there is a little ego involved. I think Bettman wants this to work.

Also, it looks bad when GB tries to convince other cities to build an arena if he walks out on Glendale.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I read my posts and wonder if, at some point without knowing it, I have switched sides. I have become a Glendale apologist!

davemac1313

Jan 20, 2011
Keewatin, Ontario
^^^^^

Two other reasons I forgot to mention...

1) The BOG may feel a new CBA will allow the Coyotes to survive financially;
2) Canadian expansion money (which would be far north [pun intended] of anything they could get for Seattle or for a team returning to Phoenix) is making the owner drool.

True....but 2 teams will be the expansion chip played in the new CBA......1st vacancy is 2015 Seattle..and Toronto area.....Quebec could offer no more (200 million) then than now....take the money and run and the NHL will do a lottery for 2015....maybe Houston and KC join the bidding to drive up the price....Quebec is now or never for PKP and the NHL.....over 200 removes that suitor. The BOG can't believe a CBA would help a terminally ill Coyotes team.....the damage and injury is far too deep.

davemac1313

Jan 20, 2011
Keewatin, Ontario
I am not sure about that. This team could have moved long ago if GB did not care. QC was always available. So was Hamilton. I think there is a little ego involved. I think Bettman wants this to work.

Also, it looks bad when GB tries to convince other cities to build an arena if he walks out on Glendale.

GB convinced no one.....Ellman convinced COG....Gary said thats a great Idea and stroked Scrugg's ego (or sumptin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad