Phoenix XCVII: Forget it, Jake. It's Glendale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisOlivier

May 1, 2013
Ville de Québec
But they operate within the NHL. Tradition didn't turn things around in Chicago. Draft picks and good front office decisions did. Then the fans, who had all but desserted their 'original six' team came back.

The Coyotes now have what it takes to be successful. The past is the past. And our Mayor is officially embracing the team.

The pieces are falling into place even before the owners have signed. Ignore those facts if you want. It's not all going to be positive but the best news is the team is staying put for years to come.

If you had 100K to bet on: Do you think that after the 5 years, RSE will use his out-clause no matter how good is the Phoenix market?

enarwpg

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
You mean, this guy, Paul Karason... :sarcasm:

20080219_102_350x263.jpg

Orange suspenders?

What was the guy thinking when dressing in he morning?

Color coordination man, yellow would have been cool. But then I'd be wondering if he had some Ukrainian in him. :)

NHLfan4life

Who is PKP???
Nov 22, 2010
Glendale
Where do you see RSE after 5 seasons in Phoenix? If the Coyotes make like 3/5 playoff appareance but doesn't pass the 3rd round.

If the team has success and some marquee players, they'll be fine. A few more playoff runs will get the AZ fanbase going. It does take winning to get people coming and it looks like they're building the roster to do just that.

NHLfan4life

Who is PKP???
Nov 22, 2010
Glendale
If you had 100K to bet on: Do you think that after the 5 years, RSE will use his out-clause no matter how good is the Phoenix market?

I would make that bet. This isn't all without risk, we all get that. But, all of the negativity can be balanced with positive.

What happens if this SUCCEEDS? Then the target would move to the CC being corrupt. And when that gets old, the target will be that the team was given so many chances, how can it not succeed? Then it will probably move to tin foil hat conspiracies that the NHL is carrying the team because GB hates Canada. The list is endless. For as many excuses as the Coyotes fans have had, the nay-sayers and relocationists have had something to gripe about.

In the end, the NHL has made all of the decisions. They have played their hand perfectly. Now we have to make the best of it. We can speculate as to why things have ended up here but we don't know everything or all of the answers. We fill in those blanks with our biases. That causes frustration on all sides.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ

I would make that bet. This isn't all without risk, we all get that. But, all of the negativity can be balanced with positive.

I think if you can get the vBookies to create one, then we can see how many are willing to spend their 'own' vCash... ;)

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
32 games are being played on a Friday,
Saturday or Sunday, so thats good news.

Home games?

Wow. I hadn't noticed, but yes, that should definitely help. I remember a few years of DRW schedules where they had about 8 games on Sat/Sun for the entire season at home. Friday extended it a bit maybe ~15 games?

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC
Home games?

Wow. I hadn't noticed, but yes, that should definitely help. I remember a few years of DRW schedules where they had about 8 games on Sat/Sun for the entire season at home. Friday extended it a bit maybe ~15 games?

Home and away.

5 of 11 home games inMarch and April are against Canadian teams.... Guess they're hoping for a playoff run.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Home games? Wow. I hadn't noticed, but yes, that should definitely help. I remember a few years of DRW schedules where they had about 8 games on Sat/Sun for the entire season at home. Friday extended it a bit maybe ~15 games?

Yes. 19 Home Games over the season. :D

Not quite...

Monday - 1
Tuesday - 10
Thursday - 10
Friday - 3
Saturday - 15
Sunday - 2

Ya. What I said. 19 Home Games on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. :biglaugh:

LouisOlivier

May 1, 2013
Ville de Québec

What happens if this SUCCEEDS? Then the target would move to the CC being corrupt. And when that gets old, the target will be that the team was given so many chances, how can it not succeed? Then it will probably move to tin foil hat conspiracies that the NHL is carrying the team because GB hates Canada. The list is endless. For as many excuses as the Coyotes fans have had, the nay-sayers and relocationists have had something to gripe about.

In the end, the NHL has made all of the decisions. They have played their hand perfectly. Now we have to make the best of it. We can speculate as to why things have ended up here but we don't know everything or all of the answers. We fill in those blanks with our biases. That causes frustration on all sides.

Yeah they got a lot of cash from Glendale that is sure. My only negative point about this deal, is that to me, RSE doesn't have enough deep pocket for this league.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg

The Coyotes need all the help they can get. But it won't be enough. It never, ever will be enough. Hockey has never and will never support NHL Hockey at NHL prices in the Phoenix area. It hasn't - and it won't. Ever.

MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

3 + 15 + 2 != 20?

(so, at any rate, slightly less than half on those 3 of 7 days. For the people on here looking for NHL favoritism - and you know who you are :laugh: - that's right there with the shocking stat that 40% of all sick and vacation days are on the days immediately prior or following the weekend)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
3 + 15 + 2 != 20?

... I originally counted 32 weekend games. Then I looked at the top of the page, AWAY on the left, HOME on the right...
one potato, two potato... n i n e t e e n p o t a t o... You got 20? K. Go halves on that extra, #20? :)

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
3 + 15 + 2 != 20?

(so, at any rate, slightly less than half on those 3 of 7 days. For the people on here looking for NHL favoritism - and you know who you are :laugh: - that's right there with the shocking stat that 40% of all sick and vacation days are on the days immediately prior or following the weekend)

I don't call it favoritism as much as business sense and trying to cater to growing market needs.

In an ideal world, all games would be played Thurs-Sun, in all markets, but that would be difficult to implement.

seasontixholder*

I don't call it favoritism as much as business sense and trying to cater to growing market needs.

In an ideal world, all games would be played Thurs-Sun, in all markets, but that would be difficult to implement.

I believe that would be true in the southern markets but in the north, people generally don't care when games are played.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I believe that would be true in the southern markets but in the north, people generally don't care when games are played.

Since I go to very very few games, watching the leafs during the week on tv is great and I do prefer that. If I was actually attending I'd much rather have them on Saturday nights.

seasontixholder*

Since I go to very very few games, watching the leafs during the week on tv is great and I do prefer that. If I was actually attending I'd much rather have them on Saturday nights.

As a season ticket holder, weekend games are terrible to go to, especially afternoon games. Rather be at the cabin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad