Phoenix XCI: Never Gonna Give You Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Fugu, will you and the mods be providing any sort of counseling or 12 step program to deal with the post Coyotes threads depression? Assuming this ends tonight.

We don't need any injured members here :sarcasm:

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Global Spectrum is buying another NHL team?

Everyone was right, the NHL has no relocation options. This is 100% pure desperation.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
IMO, announcing Global Spectrum into the game at this stage may very well end up swaying that last sure vote or 2 if the Yes camp is still short. For anyone on council looking at the whole process (including the RFP) at as 'arena management' as opposed to 'keep the Coyotes' contract. Now RSE has a true blue heavyweight in their corner.

Will it work? Time will tell.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
Wow, the team is staying in Phoenix. Have fun keeping the team somewhere that they will lose money...

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
so global spectrum is managing the arena..fortress and the nhl are financing the team...so what exactly are the ice edge clowns bringing to the table?

pfp

Sep 4, 2007
We should have expected another twist, this may now seal a yes vote for RSE

I don't see the relevance. It was a given that the COG would approve the deal they already know RSE will reject. How does this change things?

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Global Spectrum is buying another NHL team?

Everyone was right, the NHL has no relocation options. This is 100% pure desperation.

Just a joint partnership on the arena management deal I believe, which I think makes their bid a lot more competitive than the other ones Glendale has gotten.

Brodie

Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
I don't see the relevance. It was a given that the COG would approve the deal they already know RSE will reject. How does this change things?

because we've now all come to believe that, by adding a real arena manager and by having Bettman and Daly come to negotiate for them, Glendale will be swayed to amend

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
I view this as good new for the RSE cause. Whether it will impact the outcome of tonights vote?????

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
IMO, announcing Global Spectrum into the game at this stage may very well end up swaying that last sure vote or 2 if the Yes camp is still short. For anyone on council looking at the whole process (including the RFP) at as 'arena management' as opposed to 'keep the Coyotes' contract. Now RSE has a true blue heavyweight in their corner.

Will it work? Time will tell.
I don't agree.

Global Spectrum is a known manager, true, but the structure of the deal is still bad overall for the City of Glendale.

They are still being asked to commit $15M per year, without an out clause of their own, without any guaranteed revenue streams (there is a revenue stream ideas floating around, but nothing concrete).

I just don't see how this can work, especially when they have SMG waiting on the side for their opportunity to run the arena for a fraction of what the City has budgeted, WITH guaranteed returns.

This is a no-brainer to anyone with a level head.

Brodie

Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Just a joint partnership on the arena management deal I believe, which I think makes their bid a lot more competitive than the other ones Glendale has gotten.

I read this

Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz 1 min Sorry, I should clarify something. RSE did not hire Global Spectrum. They have joined as partners.

to mean that GS is joining RSE.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz 1 min Sorry, I should clarify something. RSE did not hire Global Spectrum. They have joined as partners.

Wouldn't they need to rewrite the whole contract if that's true?

Ummmm... what does Global Spectrum get out of this, and how much is RSE paying them for their services?

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Not really considering that none of the RSE clowns ever managed an Arena anywhere they were bound to sub this out. If am sitting on the City council tonight and a guy from GS is there my only question would be. "Why did you not bid on the RFP if you wanted to manage our arena?"

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 2m
As a point of interest, Global-Spectacor is a big part of the proposed arena in Markham. Deep ties in sports and entertainment business

Hmmmmmmmmm can you say 5 year plan?

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
This could also be a signal that as of this morning it was absolutely a NO for RSE from the CoG.

I see this as a shot in the dark to keep the Yotes, not a saving grace for them. Introducing something as big as this just 8 hours before the discussion/vote begins doesn't give the appearance that all is well.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 2m
As a point of interest, Global-Spectacor is a big part of the proposed arena in Markham. Deep ties in sports and entertainment business

Hmmmmmmmmm can you say 5 year plan?

Wicked... :naughty:

Global Spectrum finds out that RSE has a 5-year out clause for relocation and says "hey, we'd be happy to take some of that action".

maruk14

Jun 24, 2002
Seattle, WA
Visit site
I don't agree.

Global Spectrum is a known manager, true, but the structure of the deal is still bad overall for the City of Glendale.

They are still being asked to commit $15M per year, without an out clause of their own, without any guaranteed revenue streams (there is a revenue stream ideas floating around, but nothing concrete).

I just don't see how this can work, especially when they have SMG waiting on the side for their opportunity to run the arena for a fraction of what the City has budgeted, WITH guaranteed returns.

This is a no-brainer to anyone with a level head.

It all depends on if this changes the finances or not. If the deal changes then its back to the table to negotiate a new management deal with these new partners. If nothing changes Glendale just keeps moving forward with the vote. They still need guarantees.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
It all depends on if this changes the finances or not. If the deal changes then its back to the table to negotiate a new management deal with these new partners. If nothing changes Glendale just keeps moving forward with the vote. They still need guarantees.

question though too little to late if this changes stuff?

Whileee

May 29, 2010

With GS on board, I'm sure that Fortress will drop any concerns they have on the revenue side and happily drop the requirement for an "out clause" for RSE without a reciprocal one for the COG. What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad