Phoenix XC: Down to the Weiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
So it appears that Global Spectrum would be part of the RSE bid now. :laugh:

Daryl Jones ‏@HedgeyeDJ 3m I can confirm Global Spectrum is part of our bid to operate and manage http://Jobing.com Arena. They are a world class partner.
I trust that tweet, about as far as I can throw it :naughty:

Thread title...

Phoenix XCI: When shorts get out, cover, stocks go up.

In reference to @HedgeyeDJ's tweet, fitting since their silent plan is likely to call upon the outclause in 5 and sell the team for profits..... :sarcasm:

PHOENIX XCI: Never Gonna Give You Up

(Black Keys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVyPBiD2rAg)

No...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVyPBiD2rAg

Last edited:

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
The basis for a council vote must be a proposal that has been shared with the public at least 24 hours prior to the public meeting / vote. That means they will start from the the CoG's "counter proposal", since that is what is on the Agenda (http://www.glendaleaz.com/clerk/agendasandminutes/Special/Agendas/070213.pdf).

On the posted Agenda is a Resolution to adopt the counter proposal agreement (http://www.glendaleaz.com/Clerk/agendasandminutes/Special/Agendas/070213-S02.pdf).

Page 20 of this agreement spells out the City's right to early termination of the agreement after 5 years if they lose $50 million or more. This is the clause that RSE has stated publicly is "unacceptable".

The main questions are whether the COG would be inclined (or persuaded) to amend the agreement to remove that clause, and if so, would they be able to do so without violating their rules vis-a-vis public notification.

I think that if they do decide to amend the agreement and pass a resolution to that effect, it might be challenged legally solely on that basis. Would the GWI be inclined to take this back to a judge seeking to overturn this on the basis that the public was misled about council's intentions? It wouldn't surprise me.

It (GWI challenging that) would surprise me.

Today, I take those sides at face value. Because I don't have to take them at face value for two weeks. So they say: RSE & NHL can't accept the proposal, and it's dead if CoG doesn't drop their out clause. And until I hear different from CoG, they won't drop the out clause. Perhaps the discussions at the open meeting will shift them off that, but until they say that, I won't expect it. Should have an idea within 24 hours.

I get that people who either just don't want hockey here (local or distant people) or people who want a team somewhere else and see the relocation of this team as their next best chance to get one where they want it might risk overheating their brainpan trying to think of ways this could derail... when it already appears heading for the cliff.

Imagine if the Coyotes move to Quebec City, stay the Coyotes, aren't changed to the Nords, the locals, outraged at that horrific atrocious injustice, stay home the first year in big numbers, until the playoffs when they can't help themselves. And the QC Coyotes win the Cup. And then they win it again, and a couple years later, and in 12 years are the most profitable dynasty in pro sports. Will Jets fans be envious, if the Jets wind up the doormats that the Coyotes were here, and they got stuck with the Thrashers?

You know the vindictive will insist that the Coyotes name and history be erased from the minds of those from QC, as if they never existed, and as if the Nords never went to Colorado, but just took all those years off. So that when the team succeeds and wins Cup, they can gloat and cheer and snicker "Coyotes? What's that? Never heard of them!"

Or, at least, THAT would not surprise me.

24 hours. How many threads in the next 24 hours would surprise you? What is the over & Under on that for vcash?

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
I trust that tweet, about as far as I can throw it :naughty:

Thread title...

Phoenix XCI: When shorts get out, cover, stocks go up.

In reference to @HedgeyeDJ's tweet, fitting since their silent plan is likely to call upon the outclause in 5 and sell the team for profits..... :sarcasm:

Phoenix XCI: Are You Reeling In The Threads?

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Sold!

(I'm going to have let the veterans of the Phx Megathreads have an OT Business Club thread here, aren't I?)
Well you could... OR you could give us superstar status :naughty:

x2 Black Keys over Rick Astley, THOUGH the CoG Rickrolled RSE by releasing an otherwise non-starter counter-offer on Friday.

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
(I'm going to have let the veterans of the Phx Megathreads have an OT Business Club thread here, aren't I?)

If it should come to that a Phoenix Post-Relocation thread would be an informative study on what actually happens when a team moves. The results could then be used when this type of thing occurs again...

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
It (GWI challenging that) would surprise me.

Today, I take those sides at face value. Because I don't have to take them at face value for two weeks. So they say: RSE & NHL can't accept the proposal, and it's dead if CoG doesn't drop their out clause. And until I hear different from CoG, they won't drop the out clause. Perhaps the discussions at the open meeting will shift them off that, but until they say that, I won't expect it. Should have an idea within 24 hours.

I get that people who either just don't want hockey here (local or distant people) or people who want a team somewhere else and see the relocation of this team as their next best chance to get one where they want it might risk overheating their brainpan trying to think of ways this could derail... when it already appears heading for the cliff.

Imagine if the Coyotes move to Quebec City, stay the Coyotes, aren't changed to the Nords, the locals, outraged at that horrific atrocious injustice, stay home the first year in big numbers, until the playoffs when they can't help themselves. And the QC Coyotes win the Cup. And then they win it again, and a couple years later, and in 12 years are the most profitable dynasty in pro sports. Will Jets fans be envious, if the Jets wind up the doormats that the Coyotes were here, and they got stuck with the Thrashers?

You know the vindictive will insist that the Coyotes name and history be erased from the minds of those from QC, as if they never existed, and as if the Nords never went to Colorado, but just took all those years off. So that when the team succeeds and wins Cup, they can gloat and cheer and snicker "Coyotes? What's that? Never heard of them!"

Or, at least, THAT would not surprise me.

24 hours. How many threads in the next 24 hours would surprise you? What is the over & Under on that for vcash?

That's why I'd prefer an expansion team. We would come right back with the Nordiques without dragging any deadweight.

However, with the way the NHL works, if we do not get the Coyotes it may be it for us! There could never be an expansion, and even then it may be to Tokyo, Mexico City and Rio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad