Phoenix LXXVI: Renaissance Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
BOOM! That's gotta hurt. So many fans were ready to accept Pastor as their lord and saviour, even with a 5 year out clause (and he wanted to buy the arena too pffft)

So now the only option left is Ice Edge who has dicked around with a toe in the water for 4 years?

Quebec, get your media ready for an announcement.

Honestly, his bid had so much Cr*p in it, it clogged every sewer in Glendale.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
So Renaissance or bust.

I suppose the question is... Would Renaissance be interested in playing in Jobing.com if it is run by a different group?

That way they don't get ANY money from the city.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
BOOM! That's gotta hurt. So many fans were ready to accept Pastor as their lord and saviour, even with a 5 year out clause (and he wanted to buy the arena too pffft)

So now the only option left is Ice Edge who has dicked around with a toe in the water for 4 years?

Quebec, get your media ready for an announcement.
I never seen the league being so open about these things until a month or so ago.

PSGJ

May 19, 2012
Sweden
Craig Morgan ‏@cmorgancbsfoxaz 4 Apr
Based on what I'm hearing (and I understand your skepticism), an announcement on #Coyotes ownership could come quickly.

Hmmm, now correct me if I'm wrong but 39 days isn't normally considered quickly.
Although in Glendale perhaps it is.

Glendale is like Narnia. Time moves at a different pace there.

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Mr. Wilhelm Daly of US and A has been looking at the bid.

borat.jpg

GF

Nov 4, 2012
So the future of Coyotes lies in the hands of the Clowns!?

Yikes! :amazed:

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Renaissance would keep team there?

They'd keep them there the couple of years they'd own the team before they sold.

Basically the issue is that the purchase from the NHL is easy. But any owner in Phoenix needs serious kickbacks from Glendale in the form of a subsidy. That means negotiating an arena lease with a generous fee for managing the arena. I don't know where it was said, but the Renaissance group has been saying that they'd need the same deal that was there for Jamison last year when he tried to buy the team. Glendale's coffers are practically empty, so there's serious doubt that the city could afford much more than $6M a year for a management fee... which under Jamison was a clever way of disguising a subsidy.

Buying the team from the NHL is the easy part now. Getting the money from Glendale won't be.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Phoenix LXXVII: Coyotes put out to Pastor
Phoenix LXXVII: Coyotes seeking greener Pastors
Phoenix LXXVII: Coyotes Pastorized

To honor the vast majority of BoH posters to these LXXVI Phx threads from out-of-state pining for the team to relocate perhaps the next thread could be "Tired of Waiting, Tired of Waiting, For You-oo-oo..."

:)

LXXVII: Gary Bettman's Flying Circus

I like these, now that Pastor is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad