Phoenix LXXI: Daydream Belever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
If someone kept a thread about Glendale the aftermath, I'd read it. Heck there could be some very interesting items come up.

I'd support this. This saga has gone on so long and Glendale tied their identity so closely to the Coyotes, it has to be followed to bring proper closure to this saga. What happens to Glendale is in big part due to the machinations of the NHL over the past few years... and it serves as a precedent to watch every step of, to compare other schemes in the NHL or other sports (just as the Thrashers gave a template of signs or quotes to look for at various times before a relocation). Call it Coyotes: The Final Chapter or something.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
HAHAHA!! No possible freaking way the clowns are back!!!! I swear this couldn't be written better. Love it.

Such a great way to start this day!

This is an ongoing show. The clowns have poll-tested as popular with the audience, which is why they have been bought back. The Great Cipher, the Gray Ghost- Jamison proved popular only as a mystery. Once everyone knew whodunit and whoaintgotit, he didn't prove to have any popularity without the mystery, which is why he's being written out as we speak.

The return of Ice Edge, the return of two weeks, what else can we expect? :handclap:

BTW, if the team does end up relocating, I don't think it's going to be simple. Nothing about this is simple. Just watch, the team's goods gets shipped out but gets lost in transit or ends up in some lake in North Dakota. Or maybe the team gets sold, but some obscure clause or portion that isn't fleshed out leaves the team owned by the old geezer with petitions outside the library or some outside shyster who pencilled his name in. Or it turns into such a mess, there has to be some kind of international judicial arbitration to sort out the mess. What court would settle a legal dispute between the US & Canada?

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Not to be a Debbie Downer here, but lest we forget

Ice Edge Holdings, LLC takes next step towards acquisition of Phoenix Coyotes

Ice Edge Holdings, LLC (Ice Edge), today filed an Asset Purchase Agreement (APA) with the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Arizona as the next step in their acquisition of the Phoenix Coyotes Hockey Club.

"The Phoenix Coyotes organization presents a number of great hockey and business opportunities," said Anthony LeBlanc CEO of Ice Edge. "We will build on the team's brand, the Wayne Gretzky brand and a partnership with the City of Glendale to ensure that Arizona continues to enjoy the NHL for many years to come."

Details included in the APA are the renegotiation of key debts and contracts, a revamped sales and marketing strategy and a more effective utilization and partnership with Wayne Gretzky. Ice Edge has also negotiated an agreement in principal with SOF Investments, LP.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/08/26/idUS27375+26-Aug-2009+PRN20090826

BoH - CF's SOF Reference

BoH - MSD/SOF Investments, LP Reference 1

BoH - MSD/SOF Investments Reference 2

Banks give Ice Edge the cold shoulder

Ice Edge loses exclusivity edge in Coyote deal

Ice Edge Holdings withdraws from Phoenix Coyotes deal

Ice Edge group back in the Phoenix hockey picture (From a year ago - March 2012)

Supplemental email (see link below) between Scruggs, Beasley, and LeBlanc to coincide with the above article (pdf)

http://www.azcentral.com/kpnx/pdf/jobing-arena-mgt.pdf

Now go back and read thru the latest LeBlanc comments and Mr. Woods...

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
IEH has no where near the amount of money it's going to take to purchase the Coyotes and/or run them in Glendale.

No flippin' way. Just another tire kicker as the franchise slowly heads to Quebec City.

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
Priceless, the clowns are back in town, what are they asking for this time around? better question is what is GB going to do to vet them this time? One thing we know for sure, the owners suite will be full for awhile as the clowns will exact their pound of flesh from the NHL!

Lets see we will give 1MM up front and pay you 1MM a year for the next 170 years! Deal???

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Priceless, the clowns are back in town, what are they asking for this time around? better question is what is GB going to do to vet them this time? One thing we know for sure, the owners suite will be full for awhile as the clowns will exact their pound of flesh from the NHL!

Lets see we will give 1MM up front and pay you 1MM a year for the next 170 years! Deal???

Wow, was I ever wrong. I thought it was a dollar a year for the next 170 million years.;) Keeping the Coyotes in Glendale for eternity.:)

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Well, to be fair to Leblanc, those quotes are a week old. As we know a lot can change in week, as evidenced by Woods comment that in two weeks there could be new owners of the Coyotes who will give Glendale untold riches and everything will be fixed. Umm, yeah...

is

:sarcasm:

berklon

Dec 24, 2008
The NHL allowing this circus act to continue while knowing full well that there's no hope really speaks volumes of how bush this league really is.

From the minute the league cried "we almost had a deal until Moyes/Balsillie jumped in", the NHL has been full of ***** all the way through this thing. It's no surprise there are so many ex-owners who went to prison - you are the company you keep.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
If Ice Edge is really back in the game, will COG ask for proof of financing before they even talk turkey like 3yrs. ago? they should have done that with Mr. Jamison but I guess there's no point beating that dead horse.

This song and dance of tires kickers is going to keep going until the season is over.

Sadly, this is starting to look more like ATL in their twilight by the day

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Big time dreams with small time pockets !

Go Lakehead Yale Sports Holdings LLC Go !!

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC
The NHL allowing this circus act to continue while knowing full well that there's no hope really speaks volumes of how bush this league really is.

From the minute the league cried "we almost had a deal until Moyes/Balsillie jumped in", the NHL has been full of ***** all the way through this thing. It's no surprise there are so many ex-owners who went to prison - you are the company you keep.

It's really a plot straight from WWE. Or perhaps one of its bush league brethren.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I know this is divine comedy for most of you, but it's just about the worst thing that could happen to the fans. I'm just banking on Glendale not paying for another season, and thus the league moving the team. Not a swift end, but an end none the less. Here's hoping.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Well, here is is again for anyone who needs it. This is gonna get good for awhile.

9vbi2t.jpg

God help us. God help me, I do love this pic. Whoever did it, they sure did a good job. No way to look at it and NOT laugh.

:laugh:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I know this is divine comedy for most of you, but it's just about the worst thing that could happen to the fans. I'm just banking on Glendale not paying for another season, and thus the league moving the team. Not a swift end, but an end none the less. Here's hoping.

Don't give up hope, buddy. Hopefully, you will keep your team.

:)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Let's see... we will give 1MM up front and pay you 1MM a year for the next 170 years! Deal???

Also made me laugh. Why does the NHL embarrass themselves and the team by associating with these guys???

:)

aqib

Feb 13, 2012

I really want to feel bad for you. I know what its like to lose a team. Although in my case we knew it was only for 3 years (the Browns). However, this is just too funny. The fact that it makes Betman look like a clown is icing on the cake.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
I'm a season ticket holder and at this point, any news you hear before the season ends imo, is just so much 'we have to sell more tickets' hot air. I get to go to the remaining games and hopefully the playoffs and hopefully we get as good as we got or better than last year, and after that, time will tell, won't it? No one's bought the team to keep it here yet; and if/when/although (pick yer poison but NOT your preference) the NHL has a plan B deal to move it, they aren't going to announce that while there are still tickets for sale for a game to be played here.

If I was naming the next thread, it would be "What a Fool Believes" because if we have gone into 69+ threads believing something is going to happen within the next thread, we've all been fools to believe something is going to happen within the next thread.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011

Absolutely agree with you XX. This is very painful to follow from far away. I just can imagine how awful you guys must be feeling. I mean you guys have been given hope, then that hope came crashing down. And its been like this 4 or 5 times, if not more. I feel for you guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad