Phoenix LXII: Abandon Hope all Ye Who Enter Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The deal includes a non-viable franchise and an illegal subsidy. It takes time to navigate those two rather difficult issues. The players involved understand the political dynamics and I don't believe they have any intention of waiting until after the election to move on the deal. That would be counter productive to their objectives. There are still four council members that will approve whatever is put in front of them. The NHL is unlikely to squander their opportunity to take advantage of an incompetent council majority. If JIG truly has their financing secured, we should see a deal completed in the next 14 days.

See how I avoided saying "two weeks" there... ;)

And then we get another go around with the GWI?

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
And then we get another go around with the GWI?

I'm more inclined to think that the tax initiative folks would be involved with a potential referendum or gift clause case. I believe that JIG will close some form of a deal prior to the election but I can appreciate the hearty skepticism about that.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
But I've already put in dibs on the one after - "Will you still need me, will you still read me on thread LXIV?"

..aha! So you admit to making by thread disappear, pulled rank, executive privileges.
Why, why, well, why, why you Sir can eat my..... :rant::rant::rant:

but anyhoo. Beatles work too.

Beatles for the next, next thread (LXIV)

A mod deleted, rather than just locked, your premature thread.

Undeleted and ready to go:

10-16-2012 Phoenix LXIII: Have Become, Comfortably Numb;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad