Phoenix LVII (or MDCCLXXVI): Declarations of (In)Dependence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
Excuse me to interfer with mathematics ;-) Just to bring something different... Point of view of Coyote player...

http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey/archives/2012/07/20120713-094758.html

According to reports, a team could learn as late as August 1, it resides in another city. Should this be the case with the Coyotes, they would occupy the box in the calendar of the Winnipeg Jets in the Southeast Division, in 2012-2013, and Winnipeg would move for the Pacific Division with the duties of Phoenix, the time a campaign.

"A move this late would be a big challenge for players, but it happens in our careers that we need to react quickly. When you were traded during the season, you gotta move fast. "

Easier for the players who are singles than couples with children. The family does not follow immediately if there are only a few weeks into the season.

A little bit ironic with a t-shirt with the Nordiques logo ;-)

I don't think they could just swap WPG and QC like that, there would be conflicts with dates already booked. Also TNSE wouldn't want all the late away games on the west coast. I think that's pure speculation, QC would be stuck in the pacific this year. If it happens at all.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
...well, this threads done. July 5th to Friday the 13th. :scared:

New title & kdb plz....

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
I don't think they could just swap WPG and QC like that, there would be conflicts with dates already booked. Also TNSE wouldn't want all the late away games on the west coast. I think that's pure speculation, QC would be stuck in the pacific this year. If it happens at all.

Agree 100% MTS Center is a very busy venue it would be impossible at this point to change the jets entire schedule, sorry QC. if you are in you play in the pacific!

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I haven't posted lately so I hope the mods forgive me for posting this in 2 different threads...

It looks like 1 thru 4 will be checked off "The List" very soon...

1) The NHL will sell GJ the Coyotes for ~$75M to $100M.

2) The NHL will announce a sale price of ~$170M.

3) The GWI will huff and puff but do nothing.

4) The NHL will continue to say that they have NO plans for expansion.

5 thru 9 to be completed by year's end. 10 and 11 by 2014/2015. 12 is a constant...

5) The NHL will enter a negotiation with the NHLPA and insist on a 50-50 revenue sharing.

6) The NHLPA will say “HELL NO!!!!!”.

7) The NHL will then say “I’ll tell you what. You give us 50% (a reduction of 7% ;) ) and we will expand by 2 teams (a jobs increase of 7%)”.

8) The NHLPA will agree.

9) There will be a higher ceiling and lower floor – making the Coyote less expensive to run. The players will also get to play in Sochi in 2014.

10) The NHL will expand to QC in around 2014. The BoG will put a cool $200M in their pocket that they don’t have to share with the players.

11) The NHL will also expand to either Seattle (for $150 - $200M) or Toronto(2 for $300M). Again, the players will see none of it.

12) Gary Bettman will look like a hero which will make us all feel a little sicker at night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
very soon...

... its the "very soon" bit that worries me about your List. When is that? I dont believe "soon" is actually any measurement of time itself. Whens dinner? Soon. When will we arrive? Soon. Is it 6'oclock yet? No, but it will soon be? See what Im saying here Kevy? Can ya be more specific? No "imminently", no "two weeks", none of this "its pending" either. Dates & times plz. ;)

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC
I think it would really behoove some of us Canadians to find a little humility and get off our attendance high horses. It's been a GREAT ten years for our teams (financially, anyway) but we are exactly one commodity recession away from half our teams being in the Coyote's position.

This goes double for those in cities that already failed to keep their own teams.

IMO, etc.

Or a real estate mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad