Phoenix L; AllByDesign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
The parking issue will get resolved. CoG has already arranged to rent property nearby and put up construction funds to convert the property for parking. hether that pleases the Cardinals remains to be seen, but they knew Westgate development would mean losing the spaces they had. The Cardinals (IMO) were trying to bully their way into having a couple of parking garages built for them on somebody else's dime other than their own. They were given a green light by Glendale last year to develop the area surrounding UoP stadium as they saw fit. Parking garages would be part of that.

Glendale's biggest pending problem is with Camelback Ranch (the spring training facility). The loan payments are coming due now, and the amenities that were supposed to be built around it (hotels, restaurants, etc) never broke ground because the contractor went under.

Just raise the sales tax and layoff city employees it may work for the Coyotes.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I'm no expert but I think the chances of Quebec having a team next season are slim to none. If worse comes to worse the league will own the team for one more lame duck season

You know I've came to a conclusion that I wish the Coyotes remain in AZ. Since everyone is so sure there will be an expansion soon(tm) and we will get the Nordiques back I really and honestly wish you guys keep your team.

Now the sad part is I wish it for a different reason. I wish the team stays under NHL's control. I wish COG brigthens up and doesn't give a single dime to the league tho. Finally I wish Gary stays stuck with money losing team for few years and keeps on thinking how when he had a chance to make cash on it he refused to do so. Instead he preferred to screw his Canadian friends by charging them an overpriced expansion fee. But you see now that all is said and done he doesn't have a buyer for his team and he can't relocate it elsewhere because those that had money and wanted it are no longer interested or got a team thru expansion. That dear friends is a wish I'm off dreaming about and praying for.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Phoenix LI: Continuing to Put Together the Equity

Using my best propaganda analysis techniques, I think the team is gone. No longer do we hear that there is no plan B and no deadline. The league is starting to hedge their remarks about the possibility of relocation. The first signs of cracks in a propaganda campaign are statements that are less certain and increasingly vague. I think the NHL is at that stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad