Phoenix CXXVII: Neither a Barroway Nor a Lender Be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Yeah, there's that, and then the logistical challenges of having to turn the arena around on short notice from night to night with two sports on basically the same annual schedule are probably pretty significant. I doubt he wants to worry himself with that.

I don't think that's that big of concern, frankly. No shortage of people who know how to do that. I count 10 (Detroit will become 11) markets where the NBA and NHL share an arena. In fact, that might be one reason Bettman and Silver are teaming up on this, if they can get the number of markets where they *don't* share one (4 - the others are South Florida, NoCal, Minnesota) down to 3 from 5 that's something.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
As do I. In fact I think he'd be happy to see them gone entirely. Crowded market vying for the same corporate & consumer dollar. With the Coyotes gone, one less option, his rates go up.

Sarver can stay in his dilapidated arena or share a new arena with the Coyotes. He won't get a new arena unless the Coyotes are part of it. So, stay in the old arena or make a few concessions and get a new arena. Sarver can go to the reservation but the Suns have been a downtown staple for 50 years, would be hard to give that up.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad