Phoenix CV: CoG went full-on haboob, man. Never go full-on haboob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That's what I'm wondering, how accurate is this? Seems like a better source than Eklund :laugh:

I guess we'll find out once and for all since he's basically putting whatever rep he has on the line for this story...part of me REALLY hopes this blows up in Kosman's face to expose him as a fatalistic charlatan.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Kosman had a lot of fatalistic dirt when the Devils were going through ownership issues, even now I'm not sure if he was right on all of it but it seems like he was right on more of it than I wanted him to be at the time.

The thing that gives me pause re: him and this stroy was he was the main guy who reported on Barroway's rpursuit of the Devils, then Isles and then Coyotes. He has clearly has a source close to him (if not him) and he would know about a potential sale to Foley.

That said Kosman has been wrong on a lot of stuff as well. The best way to describe his reporting may be to aay he jumps the gun a bit. This could be what is reported or it could be talks with Foley as a contingency plan if they lose the Glendale case.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Anyone find it interesting that this article comes out right before Free Agency begins?

The article has been shot down by the NHL, Bettman, the Coyotes, and the CEO of the Coyotes.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
Anyone find it interesting that this article comes out right before Free Agency begins?

The article has been shot down by the NHL, Bettman, the Coyotes, and the CEO of the Coyotes.

They throw it out to get the web hits, and most of you bite. Come on! You're better than that!:shakehead

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
There's also this though.

CIy0nrCUYAEsJ3v.png

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
"eyeing expansion franchises in"

is not

"are the expansion plans"

That isn't the point. The point is that when the article says "for the 2017-18 season" is a dead giveaway that the story is full of feces.

The MGM-AEG Las Vegas Arena & and Videotron Centre projects were each 24 months from "Shovel" to "Ribbon"

It's 27 months from the start of the 2017-18 season. Seattle & Toronto both getting arena deals in place to start shoveling in three months?

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Kosman has legitimate sources on these matters..

but he showed during the Devils ownership saga that he often takes liberties with the info he is fed. He was wrong quite often in that process (like stating the NHL was taking the Devils over by a specific deadline that later came and went without a whisper).

Wouldn't be surprised if he was fed something that represented about a tiny portion of what he ultimately wrote.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Some one is protesting too much.

The city is trying to get out of the lease and you haven't even contemplated a move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia