Phoenix CV: CoG went full-on haboob, man. Never go full-on haboob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Sounds like Tippett and Maloney are actually taking LeBlanc at face value. That hasn't proven to be the most productive approach.

I highly doubt that the Coyotes will be a "mid cap" team (excluding Pronger's zombie contract), but time will tell....

Totally agree. The cap ( top and bottom ) has gone up as announced recently, and this team just can't afford to pay what the league says they have to at a minimum. Picking up Pronger was all about meeting the floor without paying to the floor. Can't imagine what the Coyotes payroll would be if there was no floor.

Just me, but if my team was going to be picking up some players, I would hope they would be players that can actually, you know, PLAY!

More speculation.... maybe the Coyotes will make a minor trade for Marc Savard. He currently still has two years remaining on a seven-year, $28.05 million contract which carries a $4.027 million cap hit for 2015-16, but only a $575,000 base salary - the majority of which will be picked up by insurance.

Not to stray too far off-topic from the coming haboob...

NHLGuru has the team at Cap Space Used: $37,931,666, or about $14,000,000 from the floor(?)...

Source: http://nhlguru.net/?TeamData=2+Arizona+Coyotes

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Totally agree. The cap ( top and bottom ) has gone up as announced recently, and this team just can't afford to pay what the league says they have to at a minimum. Picking up Pronger was all about meeting the floor without paying to the floor. Can't imagine what the Coyotes payroll would be if there was no floor.

Just me, but if my team was going to be picking up some players, I would hope they would be players that can actually, you know, PLAY!

More speculation.... maybe the Coyotes will make a minor trade for Marc Savard. He currently still has two years remaining on a seven-year, $28.05 million contract which carries a $4.027 million cap hit for 2015-16, but only a $575,000 base salary - the majority of which will be picked up by insurance.

Probably somewhere around the Houston Astros of a few years ago.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Not to stray too far off-topic from the coming haboob...

NHLGuru has the team at Cap Space Used: $37,931,666, or about $14,000,000 from the floor(?)...

Source: http://nhlguru.net/?TeamData=2+Arizona+Coyotes

According to General Fanager (which is the new Capgeek):

$38,935,871
TOTAL CAP HIT
$34,901,944
TOTAL SALARY
$32,464,129
SALARY CAP SPACE
-$13,864,129

The team has 12 players under contract right now, including Chris Pronger.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
A new thread for this saga and the same story, got to wonder if this will be the final thread for this saga, somehow I doubt it.

If there is one thing I can garuntee (remember that?), it's that this will NOT be the final thread.

Can the very last post in the coyote megathreads have this video?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

Sure thing.... only problem is, you & I, everyone else here likely long gone. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes.
Kids. Tom ServoMST4K, Grandkids - MST5K, 6/7K possibly witnessing the end... though I wouldnt bet on it. :(

barneyg

Apr 22, 2007
Looking at your vCash pile, Llama, I'm not sure we should put much stock into your bets. :laugh:

:popcorn:

how can someone NOT have 500 vCash?

re: insurance, Pronger and possibly Savard -- not that it really matters but I am not sure any remaining part of those contracts is still insured. putting aside any insurability concerns (I read way back that contract lengths above X years were unlikely to be insured... but these were conflicting reports anyway), one wonders if it made business sense at all for the Flyers/Bruins to insure the tail end of those deals. the older the guy, the more likely he is to suffer a career-ending injury, so premiums might stay flat or even increase even if salary decreases a lot. plus, if the guy retires you might pay for nothing if the insurance payment is front-loaded (or there's no out clause, haha).

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
If there is one thing I can garuntee (remember that?), it's that this will NOT be the final thread.

Well, I did use it for the first post in Phoenix C - the first in the 2015 reboot of the series.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Let's see if this Post story has any legs. If true then this will be quite the lame duck year.

Since Vegas needs a team awarded by the end of September re: deposits, I just don't think the Coyotes vs. Glendale battle will be settled by then.

Otherwise, a fun read.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Let's see if this Post story has any legs. If true then this will be quite the lame duck year.

Since Vegas needs a team awarded by the end of September re: deposits, I just don't think the Coyotes vs. Glendale battle will be settled by then.

Otherwise, a fun read.

The story is not true.

FYI the Post is a rag as perfectly explained by Public Enemy:

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

Otherwise, a fun read.

Well I would imagine if the Coyotes are sold to Foley, they keep the case going until the end of next year and then drop it. They do need a place to play for next year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Kosman had a lot of fatalistic dirt when the Devils were going through ownership issues, even now I'm not sure if he was right on all of it but it seems like he was right on more of it than I wanted him to be at the time.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
http://nypost.com/2015/06/30/arizona-coyotes-to-move-to-las-vegas-under-new-owner/

I don't like to make speculation threads, but the mega thread is more legal stuff. How legit is this? They broke the original Vegas storyline, so I'm guessing this is legit?

twitter is buzzing about this too

I'm the source for everyone I know in the hockey world in Las Vegas. Just my speculation/math/reasoning tells me it makes sense and I spread the ideas to everyone I know asking for feedback.

Nobody else has said anything to me. Dude I just called says he hasn't heard anything about it from anyone outside of myself.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Kosman had a lot of fatalistic dirt when the Devils were going through ownership issues, even now I'm not sure if he was right on all of it but it seems like he was right on more of it than I wanted him to be at the time.

That's what I'm wondering, how accurate is this? Seems like a better source than Eklund :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia