Pre-Game Talk: Phoenix Coyotes @ ChicagOWNED Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Chicago fans have supplanted Detroit fans in my book.

If only SJ could loan us Torres for a game.

That is where cockiness (sp?) arrogance and stupidity (all pretty much one in the same) come into play, it makes good organizations look bad and it's normally seen from the bandwagon crowd.

The intelligent fan makes no boastful claims and counts few out in this league with all it's parity.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
This is hilarious! Do you actually believe this to be true or are you just trying to make yourself feel better? If its the latter then ok I understand.If its the former then I feel pity for you and suggest you see someone to help you with these delusions.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

For those Yotes fans who still have a grasp on reality,good luck on Thursday.Your team has played well lately,but if they have to rely on Smith as much as they did last nite,well it doesnt bode well for the rest of the season.Hope its a good game no matter who wins.:handclap:

What if Smith plays well like he did last night and the team has Verby, Hanzel and DMO in the line up, and the team plays better. We were missing 2 of our top 3 forwards and our 3rd best D man last night. Smith could carry us to the Stanley cup if we get healthy...Still too early to tell though....

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Chicago fans have crossed the line. Trash talk and silly boasting before a game that none of us have anything really to do with (other than watching it) can be fun and pass the time if everyone keeps a sense of humor about it.

However, check the title of their pre-game discussion thread. That is something that I have NO sense of humor about.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
It wasn't too long ago that the Blackhawks were averaging less fans than we were.

In the years of 2004-2007, they averaged less per each of those 3 seasons than we did in that same period.

Gotta love the relocation jabs no matter who we are playing. :shakehead

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Nice to see you've started drinking early today. The first part is insane ... Chael Sonnen can trash talk the champ, but you ain't him.

The second part is wrong -- Crawford is a beast. The best? Probably not. But he's not Dan Cloutier, either. For ****'s sake, AP, you're making us look dumb.I'll drink to that ... but not until 5pm local time or so. It's a workday.

And yet the responses I keep hearing are helping to validate my point more and more. With a team that won 2 cups in recent history, it shouldn't matter at all how the 11-12 series went. But let's face it, even with other teams that have a history of winning cups, there is always a degree of unhappiness, especially with high expectations to win it all year after year.

With that being said, good for the Blackhawks that they have a chance to become a dynasty and the focus for them should be on that only and nothing else.

Last edited:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
No offense AP, but you kind of helped them out with their responses with the way your post was made. While some of the GDT's you make can be funny, you spend a lot of time poking fun at how they fail certain times, even though most every other NHL franchise has done a lot more than we have.

You comment on the fact that it won't take away the sting of not being able to beat the Coyotes in a playoff series. Hell, we didn't even make the playoffs last year. C'mon man.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
No offense AP, but you kind of helped them out with their responses with the way your post was made. While some of the GDT's you make can be funny, you spend a lot of time poking fun at how they fail certain times, even though most every other NHL franchise has done a lot more than we have.

No I didn't seeing I never forced anyone against their own will to make any kind of response.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Some of AP's GDT's are funny but some of them completely miss the mark. I prefer Tricia's.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Some of AP's GDT's are funny but some of them completely miss the mark. I prefer Tricia's.

The over-the-top GDTs seem to be a relatively recent development on HF, and I suspect people will continue talking about hockey games on here long after folks like AP run out of incoherent insults to heave at cities they've never been to.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
With regards to my GDT's, what we have seen from me is nothing new at HF as I have noticed such threads going on for quite a few years now throughout many of the different team individual boards and even before I started making them.

With regards to the criticism of the threads I make, some of them make sense and some of them I notice quite a bit of hypocrisy overtime when it comes to others here who have made the same exact kinds of GDT's I have made but get praised for making the same GDT.

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
With regards to my GDT's, what we have seen from me is nothing new at HF as I have noticed such threads going on for quite a few years now throughout many of the different team individual boards and even before I started making them.
The "he started it" defense ... great ... just because someone else's GDT is more "offensive" doesn't mean yours is good.
With regards to the criticism of the threads I make, some of them make sense and some of them I notice quite a bit of hypocrisy overtime when it comes to others here who have made the same exact kinds of GDT's I have made but get praised for making the same GDT.
Maybe lighten up and just post the relevant info + some pro-Coyotes pictures then? If we get all worked up over a random midweek game against CHI, we have nowhere to go when the **** bag ****** mother ******* Queens come to town. Pace yourself. And be creative. It's 30 degrees in Chicago right now. Chicago pizza is ******* terrible. So are the hotdogs. So is Wrigley Field. The old "Da Bears" Saturday Night Live skits? Tucson vs Gary, IN (whose random city down the road is LESS wheels-off?) How about some Obama vs McCain Round 3 talk (2012 playoffs, 2012 election, now this)?

There are SOOOO many options that would be better than youtube videos of some goal Boedker scored 2 years ago. Be creative. Or lighten up and let someone else give it a try occasionally. :help:

Last edited by a moderator:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
There are SOOOO many options that would be better than youtube videos of some goal Boedker scored 2 years ago. Be creative. Or lighten up and let someone else give it a try occasionally. :help:

If you're going to attack with how I do my GDT's then I would advice you to get it right.

1. I have let others make GDT's before. Did you overlook the ones made by Tricia the past 2 seasons? Of course you have! And other posters besides Tricia has made them from time to time as well.

2. Not all of my threads have been what others like yourself claim. If you look at the 1st GDT I made vs the Canadiens I did a nice tribute to troops for example.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1026207

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The over-the-top GDTs seem to be a relatively recent development on HF, and I suspect people will continue talking about hockey games on here long after folks like AP run out of incoherent insults to heave at cities they've never been to.
Perhaps HF is going through a lowbrow phase? :dunno:

Mossy

Oct 26, 2010
Calgary / Scottsdale
From a personal stand point I prefer Tricia's because I only look at this site from the mobile version and hers are more mobile friendly. All I care about is start time, tv channel, radio, projected lines and headed to head stats.

I do appreciate all the work aP puts into the threads. I just wish it didn't look like cow dung on my iPhone :(

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I don't care who makes them as long as we are not approved by Taylor swift. That's the kiss of death!

taylordissappointed_zpsd9fe139a.gif

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I should also add that smack talking+other team fans=a moderators nightmare :)

It's hysterical to me that the same people who get thrills from calling other teams all sorts of names in their GDT's get their knickers in a twist when another team dares mention that we're not a traditional market or makes a relocation jibe on their board.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out... (my transformation into a grouchy old man is now complete)

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
By the ChicagOWNED Blackhawks do you mean owned the Stanley Cup 2 out of the 4 last years? :laugh:

They definitely have the better end of the argument here, but hey, you saw how they turned it around, who says we can't :naughty:

Please excuse my photoshop skills

28i6u5j.jpg

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
This is hilarious! Do you actually believe this to be true or are you just trying to make yourself feel better? If its the latter then ok I understand.If its the former then I feel pity for you and suggest you see someone to help you with these delusions.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

For those Yotes fans who still have a grasp on reality,good luck on Thursday.Your team has played well lately,but if they have to rely on Smith as much as they did last nite,well it doesnt bode well for the rest of the season.Hope its a good game no matter who wins.:handclap:

Haha. You can just see the insecurity in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad