Phoenix C: The F A.R.S Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
I'm going to make one (and only one) prediction: the Yotes will not relocate for 2015-16 season. The timing is just too late, and more importantly, all the relocation possibilities all require a team sale.
You be surprise how fast these things can go down when money is no object. But really all they do is get a agreement in principle, have a press conference to announce it, and tell the players where to show up for camp.
The details of the deals is handled by lawyers later on. You don't physically relocate anything but maybe a few laptops.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
I wonder how much of this is related to the delayed audit...and the lady who quit because her findings were changed...something fishy right there...

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm going to make one (and only one) prediction: the Yotes will not relocate for 2015-16 season. The timing is just too late, and more importantly, all the relocation possibilities all require a team sale.

what was the time frame of the thrashers getting tossed out of their arena and moving to the peg~?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Would certainly be something if this resulted in the Yotes relocating to faraway.... Phoenix....

But nope, expecting Glendale or bust for Arizona. Only a matter of if this is a slow tear or a quick rip in my book.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Is it normal for the Coyotes and the CoG not to recognize the Tndall being hired by the Cyotoes could lead to the agreement being voided? I mean it sounds like something people would see as a possibility and address

Conspiracy alert....

Maybe that was the plan all along. Maybe Tindall is a plant from the CoG to be the one thing that could give the CoG an out if they ever needed it. Leaves the city, goes to the team, a break glass in case of emergency for the CoG.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Wow. I lost track of this story and didn't see this coming. Was it really 2008 that the Coyotes ownership saga erupted? Almost six years now? Unbelievable. I certainly never anticipated this turn of events.

I do remember Glendale wanting an out-clause that was refused because Fortress wanted an iron-clad agreement that would virtually ensure that Glendale money would always be available to service its debt. All I can say about that is surely to goodness Fortress never saw this coming either. I'd bet that all the bright attorneys in New York never once thought about the possibility of the Glendale-guarantee coming to an end by virtue of IA hiring Glendale's attorney! Who'd-a-thunk-it?

A lawyer friend of mine once said that the entire Criminal Code could be reduced to three offences: Stupidity Level-One, Stupidity Level-Two, and Gross Stupidity (or Holy Cow: You Really Did That?) There's no crime here, but it looks like Gross Stupidity on the part of IA.

The Gross Stupidity is that no one made IA hire Tindall. They did that all on there own, probably not realizing that it possibly give IA the right to void the deal -- the equivalent of the out-clause Glendale wanted and Fortress refused. Even if it doesn't succeed in terminating the lease, it will cause a lot of grief and uncertainty for IA and its partners.

Holy Cow, Anthony -- you really did that?

No wonder people called these guys the Clowns. Win or lose, they sure know how to put on a show.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
That was just an interlude... To save bandwidth... The rest of the Internet was complaining.

... :laugh: yes... bandwidth... terrible thing to waste... had ta shut er' down boys...

Be touch & go but it could be done.... Chilkoot Pass.... Jack London.....
I went out over the pass in a fall blizzard in a rag of a shirt with a cup of raw flour....

where theres a will, if theres the will then theres always a way YJ.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I know coyotes fans are sour tonight, but at least recognize that the city pumped a **** ton of money into the team when it was in NHL ownership.

My guess is they looked at their return on that investment and turned white.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Wow. I lost track of this story and didn't see this coming. Was it really 2008 that the Coyotes ownership saga erupted? Almost six years now? Unbelievable. I certainly never anticipated this turn of events.

I do remember Glendale wanting an out-clause that was refused because Fortress wanted an iron-clad agreement that would virtually ensure that Glendale money would always be available to service its debt. All I can say about that is surely to goodness Fortress never saw this coming either. I'd bet that all the bright attorneys in New York never once thought about the possibility of the Glendale-guarantee coming to an end by virtue of IA hiring Glendale's attorney! Who'd-a-thunk-it?

A lawyer friend of mine once said that the entire Criminal Code could be reduced to three offences: Stupidity Level-One, Stupidity Level-Two, and Gross Stupidity (or Holy Cow: You Really Did That?) There's no crime here, but it looks like Gross Stupidity on the part of IA.

The Gross Stupidity is that no one made IA hire Tindall. They did that all on there own, probably not realizing that it possibly give IA the right to void the deal -- the equivalent of the out-clause Glendale wanted and Fortress refused. Even if it doesn't succeed in terminating the lease, it will cause a lot of grief and uncertainty for IA and its partners.

Holy Cow, Anthony -- you really did that?

No wonder people called these guys the Clowns. Win or lose, they sure know how to put on a show.
These guys are not smart enough to even bribe a lawyer properly. You think between Gosbee, Fortress and the rest they would have found a cushy job for Tindall well away from the Coyotes.

Last edited:

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
Is it normal for the Coyotes and the CoG not to recognize the Tndall being hired by the Cyotoes could lead to the agreement being voided? I mean it sounds like something people would see as a possibility and address

Somewhere did someones lawyers screw up?

It was Tindall on both ends, for Glendale and for the Coyotes. Welcome to the mindboggling world of the Coyotes Saga.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
I wonder how much of this is related to the delayed audit...and the lady who quit because her findings were changed...something fishy right there...

I wonder if the questions about the chief auditor's motivations for the audit being frozen in place and then changed (some here saw someone with the same last name working for the Coyotes) tipped off the city counsel to have the attorney look at legal options. As was teased tonight, it seems more than Tindall made the jump from Glendale government to the Coyotes.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I know coyotes fans are sour tonight, but at least recognize that the city pumped a **** ton of money into the team when it was in NHL ownership.

My guess is they looked at their return on that investment and turned white.

I tink most sane hockey fans are staying far away from the board right now--they do not need outsiders coming in and doing anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad