Post-Game Talk: Phoenix 3, Penguins 1. One? ONE? ONE *** **** GOAL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Someone needs his pampers changed already.

You could just ignore it.

Crosby, sick, injured, sulking because of the winger situation, coasting to the Olympics, tired, idk, it is what it is. Unholy combination of the afore mentioned. Their complacency popped up again, it keeps happening if they don't perceive the other team as being a threat or worthy or whatever. It's a ****ing problem. And God help them if they don't get rewarded for their effort early.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I feel like all the sarcastic "can't win em all/bad bounces/hot goalies" posts would be more appropriate if people were actually making any of those excuses. I'm not even sure who the sarcasm is aimed at.

They're all upset over the thread that was closed....they were reprimanded by a mod by how idiotic they sound even during wins. So tonight was a plus for them.

As for the person who mentioned Toews not being able to control his emotions and he still has two cups. That's one player. Now if Kane, Sharp, Hossa, and Keith also couldn't control their emotions you'd have a point. I wasn't singling out Malkin, it was just a reminder how these stars act come playoff time as soon as they face some adversity. I wouldn't care about these actions during a regular season game if it wasn't obvious that if they haven't learned their lesson by now, they won't til their about 35.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
+ Smith was good.

- Crosby is missing. Anyone seen him? Been gone a while.

- Malkin's line was dominant early, but none of the other Pen's cared about the game and then Malkin got frustrated and also no longer cared.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Long season so win some lose some. Malkin played hard, and Bortz was hitting em. After the Olympics the real season starts and we will see what is what.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I feel like the pens players that are going to Sochi have been hot and cold for a while now, sometimes they play good, sometimes they go though the motions.

I can't really fault them either, the Olympics are a million times more important to those players then these NHL games leading into the break.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
I would have expected a little more logical line rearrangement. Throw Crosby and Malkin out together. Shift Neal with Crosby/Kunitz or Sutter/Megna. Shift Jokinen with Sutter/Gibbons. Shift Kunitz w/ Malkin/Neal. I have no idea why Neal was double shifted at times but weirdly. Gibbons, Crosby and Kunitz are not working together at all, and Glass shouldn't have started on the first line at all.

I also thought the d-men struggled to move the puck.

The team was working hard but not smartly, efficiently or effectively. At least, the penalties were amusing.

CrozJawz*

Magic 8 ball excuse generator tells me:

"Smith was just HOT tonight and nobody could have beat him"

"They had bad bounces and bad puck luck"

"Refs screwed them over with BS calls"

"They were tired from the long west coast trip"

"They are loafing before the Olympics"

"Yotes brought their A game tonight like all teams do against the Pens"

"They were missing Letang"

"They were missing Bennett"

"They are missing Dupuis"

"Just a meaningless game in February"

"Tops in their division!"

"Tops in the east!"

"They DOMINATED all over the ice and DESERVED this game, just had bad luck, they SHOULD HAVE won"

"Smith's pads were too big"

"Too much time in the SW sun"

"Blah, blah, blah"

Can't wait until they fail to show up again against the Sens and get shutout by Anderson and crew...

Michael8771*

Maybe the flu is running through the team. We looked pretty lethargic except for a few players.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
They're all upset over the thread that was closed....they were reprimanded by a mod by how idiotic they sound even during wins. So tonight was a plus for them.

As for the person who mentioned Toews not being able to control his emotions and he still has two cups. That's one player. Now if Kane, Sharp, Hossa, and Keith also couldn't control their emotions you'd have a point. I wasn't singling out Malkin, it was just a reminder how these stars act come playoff time as soon as they face some adversity. I wouldn't care about these actions during a regular season game if it wasn't obvious that if they haven't learned their lesson by now, they won't til their about 35.

there's nothing good about tonight's effort. it's absolutely laughable that you think we LOVE to watch games like this. give me a ****ing break already.

science forbid we EVER have an issue with the best pro sports team ever ever ever. i know you think they're flawless, but the rest of us who are complaining about it actually give a **** if our favorite team looks horrid. there's nothing wrong with wanting our favorite team to win. however, there IS something wrong with telling other fans how they should feel after a game, how they should root for their team, etc. that's nothing but arrogant garbage.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

"Tops in the east!"

"They DOMINATED all over the ice and DESERVED this game, just had bad luck, they SHOULD HAVE won"

"Blah, blah, blah"

Can't wait until they fail to show up again against the Sens and get shutout by Anderson and crew...

*Sniff Sniff*

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
With a 15 point lead in the division and Olympics approaching I guess it's not surprising to see the kind of effort put in tonight. Tough game to watch.

CrozJawz*

I wonder what's being discussed in the Pens' locker room right now. Besides whiffle ball arrangements, that is.

Crosby sees nothing wrong...

Shelly asked him if it seems like there is a reoccurring them of getting outplayed by teams that are desperate, maybe because the Pens are so far ahead in their division that they are getting complacent.

He responded that he doesn't see that happening AT ALL and that they KNOW that the other teams are going to bring their best every night...

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

"Tops in the east!"

"Blah, blah, blah"

I'll take this one.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
bylsma: Smith made some good saves, we had 5 very good chances
you will be facing a lot of desperate teams
no update on Maatta, he thinks he ll be fine
missed rossi's question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events