Post-Game Talk: Phoenix 3, Penguins 1. One? ONE? ONE *** **** GOAL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Awful game. Stupid game. Pathetic game. And I really hate losing to Arizona teams.

Only plus I'll give out is to Errey for pronouncing coyote the proper way.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Boring hockey and bad hockey is a lethal combination.

Luckily for me, I cared about this game about as much as the Pens did.

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
-We ran into a hot goalie, we had bad puck luck, we didn't get any bounces and/or get to our game, etc. But we're still the team that dictates the game and hows it's played.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
HUGE - to Bylsma for not pulling Fleury when there was 2 minutes left and they were heading up the ice. I know it was 4 on 4 but it was almost over and would have been 5 vs 4. Instead...he wait's untill there is 1 minute to go LOL!!!!!!!!! being smart is not his forte, clearly. MAYBE Pens would lost, but we could have scored 2 goals in the final 2 minutes.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
+ They'll get the next one. Losses happen, it's just bad luck.

- I wasn't impressed by anyone by the end. Which might be the worst part, they all either sucked throughout, ended up sucking or freaked out because that's what this team does; except when they feel like doing something. They're so incredibly inconsistent.
- ****ing do something, Shero.
- Boring game.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Not many star forwards caring tonight. Effort just wasn't there.
On to the next one.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
- Refs: Don't officiate a game like it's the clutch and grab era, then call a penalty on a type of interference that was taking place all game long.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
- everyone except Malkin

+ these results are just due to bad bounces, not getting breaks, and running into a hot goaltender. the problems will fix themselves by the playoffs... guaranteed or my name isn't Floopty Gurgleblech

also...

+ look at the standings

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
this moron king tonight must have said 40 times complete game about Kings game
wtf these people watching, even steigy told him it was kings they cannot score against anyone

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
I feel like all the sarcastic "can't win em all/bad bounces/hot goalies" posts would be more appropriate if people were actually making any of those excuses. I'm not even sure who the sarcasm is aimed at.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
--------- First dozen or so posters in this thread forgetting to say 'can't go 82-0'.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
+'s

Everyone minus Jokinen

-'s

Jokinen. Not a puck retriever. If he was, Geno could had had at least 3 more goals to pull out the win. Needs more retrieving...maybe Glass?

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
I feel like all the sarcastic "can't win em all/bad bounces/hot goalies" posts would be more appropriate if people were actually making any of those excuses. I'm not even sure who the sarcasm is aimed at.

they're not really sarcastic towards posters here. they're sarcastic to actual excuses the coaches and players have used.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+'s

Everyone minus Jokinen

-'s

Jokinen. Not a puck retriever. If he was, Geno could had had at least 3 more goals to pull out the win. Needs more retrieving...maybe Glass?

Someone needs his pampers changed already.

The Doof Warrior

Jan 12, 2009
I really really don't understand NHL ref's. Players will dive like Greg Louganis all over the place and only one guy gets called for tripping but then Neal gets boarded and gets called for embellishment? There's just no rhyme or reason to any calls like these ones. Maybe Neal did dive and I missed something so correct me if I'm wrong.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
+ Coyotes forwards: these guys are relentless. Every time one of our forwards was on the puck, it felt like he was being shadowed by at least two red sweaters. Shades of the Detroit Red Wings.

+ Mike Smith: good goalies who play deep in their net can be so difficult to beat. We didn't get as many pucks on goal as we could/should have, but Smith still had a good game.

+ OEL: I tried to focus on him because I don't watch him play often. The kid is the real deal. Wow.

+ Neal: he hasn't given up, he's just snake bitten at the moment. I don't have any worries about him. Snipers tend to be streaky, and he's in a lull at the moment.

- Crosby: boy has he looked off lately. I wouldn't be surprised if he is fighting an injury. Kunitz & Gibbons weren't fantastic with the puck tonight, but at least they skate hard. Crosby looked disengaged for much of the game.

= Malkin: would have been fine if it hadn't been for the undisciplined penalties. We need him on the ice.

= Fleury: only the third goal was a back-breaker. I'm not going to blame this one on him.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Good point.

Jokinen sucks. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad