Post-Game Talk: Philly stake, no mustard for Habs!

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Media nobody puts out a hit piece and has permission to attend a press conference where he knows he’ll get a quote for his clickbait article. Organizations should be holding these guys accountable for what they say.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Primeau at times has looked shaky, but overall he's been very good considering he usually has 1-2 weeks between games which would be tough to get in a rhythm.

Some interesting stats with him are:
- On the road he has a 2.22 GAA and .930 save % in 6 games, while at home his stats are rough with a 5.09 GAA and .856 save %
- Since November 24th he has the best stats by far among our goalies. He even almost has as many points as Gallagher since then, with only 2 less points in 15 less games than Gallagher.
1704980829992.png

Reactions: Team_Spirit

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
People complaining about no Slaf in OT, he probably didn't have any legs left after the 3rd period. He only played ~1 minutes less than Evans and Caufield (and one less shift) during the game without seeing any OT at all.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
We’re having trouble scoring which is unsurprising given the lack of depth and our injuries. We need scoring talent, and we need 3 of our top 9 guys back so Stephens, Heinemann and Pezzeta can sit.

Woke up. I still can’t understand why Evans got the most ice time in OT and Slaf zero.
I know people like to shit on Evans but he was probably the team’s best forward yesterday.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Last night's game was the prime example of why we need to move some of our many good dmen (either already in the NHL or in the pipeline) for some help at forward. A dman for forward trade should happen sooner than later as well, I think we've waited long enough to decide who stays and who goes.

Beyond Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf and Monahan we have no forwards who would be in other team's top 9s. The Dach and Newhook injuries were huge hits this season.

Reactions: Andrei79

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
And I think he lost every faceoffs in OT? He took like 3? jamais 2 sans 3!
Not justifying but I believe its because they were all right hand side draws on the defensive side. Monahan never takes those, used to be Dvorak. Since he lost the faceoffs he had to stay on the ice.

The one he shouldn't have taken is the center faceoff to start OT, should have been Suzuki or Monahan.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
With Matheson's name appearing on TSNs trade bait list... wonder if they are leaning toward keeping Savard and moving Matheson, mainly due to the emergence of Struble.

Selling high on Matheson would be the right move. He's been putting up a 57 point pace over 82 games here and logging huge minutes, this while only being a couple years removed from being a 30 point guy playing 18 minutes.

With Guhle/Struble/Xhekaj/Harris and potentially Hutson/Engstrom in the future it makes sense to be proactive and move on from Matheson before guys steal his ice time and his point totals go back down.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
P U, Talk about ugly and boring , much like the attendant at my most recent drive-thru pick-up experience. lol

Can we fast foward till the trade deadline? Hopefully we sell Monahan, Savard, Allen.
That's exactly what I was saying at training camp. lol

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Habs were lucky to get a point tonight. Came out flat, 2 shots in first period, 8 after 2 periods.

Monahan had decent game. I thought he was among our best players. Going to be tough to trade him at deadline. Rarely do they sign back after being traded. Monahan as our third line center next season look nice. Big, 25 goals, 57% on faceoffs, his contract reasonable.

Primeau played good second half of game. He should be given more time.
Slaf never had great game. Brain cramps on routine plays.
Heineman going to be solid NHLer if he stays healthy.
Barron great skater can score but man does he ever make dumb plays in own end. Future Matheson?
I had the impression that whoever counts the shots in Philly didn't watch while Montreal had the puck. They missed the net a bunch of times, but I think the 2 shots, 2 goals was a bit over the top. On the other hand Philly probably hit a dozen posts. Some of them were from bad angles but most of them were on net and past Primeau. Either he was really dialed in, covering his net to the millimeter, or Primeau got lucky.

The habs actually strung some passes together at times. The lack of passing drove me crazy in some other recent games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad