Post-Game Talk: Philly stake, no mustard for Habs!

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Philly lost their DNA years ago. They slowly changed as the NHL itself changed.

Playing the flyers used to mean something. They were one of the biggest villains in the league for several decades.

I also wonder if it has something to do with the original owner passing away a few years back. I think he was a big proponent of the flyers not getting pushed around.
Brière runs that show. He's building the team in his image.

Jul 6, 2016
Brière runs that show. He's building the team in his image.
He has not made many significant changes since he is there. He is well surrounded too my two ex-gm's. Torto had made the diffrerence.

Garbage. Habs were outmuscled but both teams were shit. Flyers are playing well above their talent level this season but tonight they were mediocre.
MSL is still doing rookie mistakes as a coach. His "nebulous" quotes won't change the fact that he has no real system to apply.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Worst game ever everybody sucked

At least we got rainbow Gritty doing silly things

View attachment 800531
Lol I can't help but notice the guy with the f*** Cutter orange shirt standing up.

None of his players are on the team…

Losing Couturier last season was devastating for them … should put in perspective Habs playing .500 despite the loss of Dach
Dach hasn't proven anything yet. He looked promising but is miles away from Couturier.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Let’s hope tomorrow isn’t another one of those classic,”Let’s lose to the worst team in the NHL type games “

• Haha
Reactions: rik schau

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Philly’s forwards are rather small: Brink, Atkinson, Farabee, Konecny all well under 6’. Frost, Foerster, Tippett not physical. 3 dmen under 6’.
Not the Bullies anymore.
Hustling and fast. Willing to fetch pucks off the boards. Thought this was biggest difference between the 2 clubs. Caufield is maybe scared of being hurt again.
Overall, just a bad game. Except for a few shifts, we were a step behind the Flyers all night. On a positive note, Struble continued his strong play and is quickly cementing his place as a top four defenceman on this team.

While it was only one game, I think it exposed our team for what it is: a non-playoff team.

Reactions: BLONG7

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Overall, just a bad game. Except for a few shifts, we were a step behind the Flyers all night. On a positive note, Struble continued his strong play and is quickly cementing his place as a top four defenceman on this team.

While it was only one game, I think it exposed our team for what it is: a non-playoff team.
Struble is now bordering on 20:00 minutes a game and actually saw the ice in OT.
Once again he was the only D who seemed to be able to find outlets and skating room.
It's encouraging to see a high level of execution on a team not noted for it.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs were lucky to get a point tonight. Came out flat, 2 shots in first period, 8 after 2 periods.

Monahan had decent game. I thought he was among our best players. Going to be tough to trade him at deadline. Rarely do they sign back after being traded. Monahan as our third line center next season look nice. Big, 25 goals, 57% on faceoffs, his contract reasonable.

Primeau played good second half of game. He should be given more time.
Slaf never had great game. Brain cramps on routine plays.
Heineman going to be solid NHLer if he stays healthy.
Barron great skater can score but man does he ever make dumb plays in own end. Future Matheson?

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
It's weird because the little of the game I saw of Anderson, he seemed inspired and was battling. It's not like early in the season where we didn't see him. But the guy simply cannot finish. Does he have a wrist problem?

BTW Damphouse is saying the Flyers have gone back to an identity of determination that they had in the past. I wished we would go back to the identity we had back in the 80s when we had the Lemieux, Skrudland, Chelios, Corson. In your face hockey. Being mean covered behind our gloried image. lol We need a Pat Burns-type coach.
Torts seem to be doing that very well. Honestly if you love hockey, watching PHI is much funnier than MTL right now.

Reactions: Kimota

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Garbage. Habs were outmuscled but both teams were shit. Flyers are playing well above their talent level this season but tonight they were mediocre.
I disagree PHI played very well, the posts and Primeau saved MTL. I enjoyed watching PHI even though they lack talent. By any metrics Habs should have more talent than the flyers yet half of the games they don t show up.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How does a rested team with 3 days between games, two uptempo practices come out so flat against arguably a less talented team?
The boys need to realize that games have become elevated in importance and intensity and need to dig way deeper than this.

That was embarrassing.

Kudos to #30 for showing up.

Reactions: Runner77

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
He has not made many significant changes since he is there. He is well surrounded too my two ex-gm's. Torto had made the diffrerence.

MSL is still doing rookie mistakes as a coach. His "nebulous" quotes won't change the fact that he has no real system to apply.
Briere did since March: the Provorov trade was a big one + Kevin Hayes. Now Drysdale.
also got Rizzo older but NCAA scoring leader in the DeAngelo trade.
Plus some nice picks including 1x first and 2x 2nd rounder.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
The Philosopher King has spoken
MSL ain’t no philosopher.
To do philosophy you start from the principle that you know nothing and work your way to understanding.

MSL acts like he knows everything and has the answers for everything.

He’s a Sophist finessing our fanbase with his parables and quotes.

If something isn’t working “look and discover” the answer like a real philosopher.

Systemless hockey in 2024, as if we don’t have decades of evidence showing the value of order and structure within any team

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Guhle must be sore after that one. Plastered to the glass much of the evening and then blocking all those shots.

He looked tired at times. I know they want to play all games but he could use a rest for a game (load management).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad