last 10 games:

CAR: 9-0-1
PIT: 8-1-1 (2 losses to Car)
NYR: 8-2-0
WSH: 9-1-0

Race for the wildcard:

NYR: 43 P in 35GP
WSH: 42 P in 36GP
NYI: 40 P in 35GP ( 4-4-2 in their last 10)
DET: 35P in 32GP (3-5-2 in their last 10)
BUF: 34P in 32GP (7-2-1 in their last 10)
FLA: 34P in 35GP (3-7-0 in their last 10)

Of the bottom 4 teams, NYI (+14) and BUF (+18) have a positive GF-GA. DET (-7) and FLA (-6) are negative.

Still pisses me off that FLA is likely going to end up giving MTL a lottery pick for Ben Chiarot. It's not over yet as Carolina and STL were two of the worst teams in the NHL at Christmas 2018 and both came storming back, but going to be a difficult task.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
last 10 games:

CAR: 9-0-1
PIT: 8-1-1 (2 losses to Car)
NYR: 8-2-0
WSH: 9-1-0

Race for the wildcard:

NYR: 43 P in 35GP
WSH: 42 P in 36GP
NYI: 40 P in 35GP ( 4-4-2 in their last 10)
DET: 35P in 32GP (3-5-2 in their last 10)
BUF: 34P in 32GP (7-2-1 in their last 10)
FLA: 34P in 35GP (3-7-0 in their last 10)

Of the bottom 4 teams, NYI (+14) and BUF (+18) have a positive GF-GA. DET (-7) and FLA (-6) are negative.

Still pisses me off that FLA is likely going to end up giving MTL a lottery pick for Ben Chiarot. It's not over yet as Carolina and STL were two of the worst teams in the NHL at Christmas 2018 and both came storming back, but going to be a difficult task.
Why? I find it amusing... Anyway the Habs will probably waste the pick on Kotkaniemi 2.0

habs-fan-1024x525.png

:sarcasm:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Why? I find it amusing... Anyway the Habs will probably waste the pick on Kotkaniemi 2.0

:sarcasm:
They have a completely different front office and coaching staff. I don't have any confidence that the Habs will screw it up like Bergevin and co. did.

That said, I'm not overly concerned about it, just irks me a bit that Florida did what they did. On the flip side, it hurts Florida so it probably balances out (depending on where the pick ends up). Nothing we can control one way or another though so not going to fret over it.

EDIT: additional comments removed as it was the wrong thread

Last edited:

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Gold in post game show suggested that both antii and kooch have nagging injuries. Thank goodness for the 4 day break because our GT is getting slim.

Freddie time to play.
He has to want to play. I don't think he does, personally. I know that grates some here. Some players press to get back. Some drag it out. Guess which one Mr. Injury is?

Reactions: Negan4Coach

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Hate to be that guy but Brent Burns is such a liability.

Not saying anyone should shove a slow ass dman off the cliff but sometimes they need a helpful push.

Literally been squinting for months what Burns brings.

He's been exactly as advertised. A hard shot that can generate rebounds/tips/goals at the cost of being a defensive gong show.

I thought, at his age, it'd be his speed that would hurt him defensively, but it's his decision-making that's causing the goals. Which is baffling for someone who has been in the league as long as he has.

A 20-year-vet should know when not to clear the puck up the middle of the ice, or know when to chase the puck carrier and when to stay put. Yet so many goals/high danger chances come from Burns' brain making the worst possible decision at the time.

I love the guy, he's a great locker room presence and even despite the recent PP struggles, his contributions there are major. But I really hope they watch the tapes after every game and just question what the f*** goes through his head on certain plays.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I am just amazed how bent out of shape folks can get over a franchise record setting win.

They let their foot off the gas. They got an object lesson. They won anyway.

Jiminy Christmas, just enjoy it for once. It's okay.

I guess it means we are now a real Hockey market:sarcasm:

Instead of being happy with the win and 8 game winning streak, we have to break down every bad thing and fire the guilty into the sun.

Merry Christmas! :xcheers:

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
Hate to be that guy but Brent Burns is such a liability.

Not saying anyone should shove a slow ass dman off the cliff but sometimes they need a helpful push.

Literally been squinting for months what Burns brings.

Burns is not a liability. Could he be better? Sure. But a liability? Not at all. Saying he's a liability means you'd prefer someone else playing in his spot - who would that be?

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I am just amazed how bent out of shape folks can get over a franchise record setting win.
Agree. You explained why in a post just above this one.
because it's a GDT and that's what they're for.
It's why I try to stay out of GDTs during the game and directly after.

We haven't had our #1 goalie, we were missing either Aho or TT for much of the season, missing Pacioretty and Kase for all of the season, and had a bunch of turnover of the roster and yet we set a franchise record and have the 2nd best recording the NHL.

Does the team have some issues? Of course, but that just means they can be even better particularly when they get healthy.

Like you said, sit back and enjoy it.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Not playing unless he felt absolutely 100% was already a knock on him during his time in Toronto.
I think that might be some fans not remembering what really happened during his time in Toronto.

Up until his last season in Toronto (when Campbell took over as the starter after Andersen got injured), he played 66/82, 66/82, 52 / 70 games and all playoff games. Not 1 goalie in the NHL played more regular season games than Andersen over that 3 season stretch.

His final year is when injuries really hit and Campbell was better (.921 vs. Andersen's .895), even though each guy played about the same number of games.

I used to follow the Leafs some back then and a lot of fans were complaining that he was playing injured when he shouldn't be.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Who even feels 100% these days? Last week, I was pretty close but I had just taken 2 steroid shots in the keister. Those first 2 days were marvelous then the crash. I would think a guy looking for a new deal might grin and bear it a little. Then again, if I that had kind of Monopoly $ in the bank, maybe not.

Last edited:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

We definitely have warts to our game, but coming out of the road heavy schedule against a pretty touch slate of teams, to have the 2nd highest point total in the league at Christmas is pretty damn impressive.

And Patches still hasn't played a game

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Who even feels 100% these days? Last week, I was pretty close but I had just taken 2 steroid shots in the keister. Those first 2 days were marvelous then the crash. I would think a guy looking for a new deal might grin and bear it a little. Then again, if I that had kind of Monopoly $ in the bank, maybe not.

It could be a case where he knows that he stunk (in Tor) when playing injured and doesn't want to stink (for both the team or his future contract). Who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad