Player Discussion Phillip Danault - You Guys Are Getting Paid? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You're gonna need more than 1 period of 1 game to convince me. His body of work over the last years weights far more .

Just because he isn't a flashy player doesn't mean he doesn't get shit done.
He's a perfect 3rd line centre, no worries from me...........it's just that he thinks he\s something more, and he is not...he has had a pretty meh type of season....3-4M per max is all he should get.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
People still think Danault is bad?!

He's awfully bad this season. We missed something ? That message is odd, since he was part of the problem on two goals scored against us yesterday.

Failed to prevent a lying on ice Tavares from passing, on the first one and lost the puck behind the net, that ended on Muzzin's stick on the second goal.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's awfully bad this season. We missed something ? That message is odd, since he was part of the problem on two goals scored against us yesterday.

Failed to prevent a lying on ice Tavares from passing, on the first one and lost the puck behind the net, that ended on Muzzin's stick on the second goal.

Fact is, he may have been playing injured last night and the game before. But that doesn't change an assessment of the rest of his season.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
People still think Danault is bad?!
In a top 6 role while playing with good wingers? Yes he's the worst center of this team offensively given all the chance in the world for several years.
In a third line playing with Lekhonen and perhaps armia in a healthy team at 3m a year extended? No problem with that.

Since you asked for more proof in your other post.

Played 19min average in the last season with the best wingers. Can barely get 50 points while getting carried heavily by Gallagher and Tatar.
This season he's been absolutely atrocious on both side of the ice. Took him an entire year of hockey scoring a goal.
Tatar's main production was on the powerplay without Danault.
Gallagher has been saving Danault ass offensively for 3 years now.

If Danault was such a good center and a top 6 at that he would be playing on the powerplay without hesitation. Instead we rather put Erik Staal , Nick Cousins , Jordan Weal , Paul Byron etc.

And this was during Claude Julien time where he idolized Danault so bad but still wouldn't put him on the powerplay because he has 0 offensive talent as a center.

Adam Lowry in Winnipeg whos been playing with plugs get 10goals + something Danault never had in his career and gets the same amount of point Danault would get if he played in his role and was extended at 3.25m a season.

But since this franchise thinks Danault is the next coming out of Patrice Bergeron and Guy Carbonneau the media keep selling him as a god of hockey and a defensive threat against the big players which has been absolutely Overrated.

Would I keep him as the same salary as Lowry for 5 years in a third line without Gallagher and Tatar or any top wingers? Yes.

Would I keep him to eat 16-17min a game with top 6 wingers at 5m a season? No thanks.

Last edited:

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
You're gonna need more than 1 period of 1 game to convince me. His body of work over the last years weights far more .

the irony in bringing up plus/minus to describe Danault is laughable :laugh:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

He only gets shit done when Gallagher is around to do all the heavy lifting. If he had to play with third liners on his own level, he wouldn't be able to ask for a penny over 3m this summer.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
He is the type of guy that will only be appreciated on another team. He is a key player for this team but negative fans always want someone different.

Reactions: Tyson

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
He is the type of guy that will only be appreciated on another team. He is a key player for this team but negative fans always want someone different.

...so the question is how much is an elite defensive centre who is offensively challenged worth to the Habs and what should his usage be??...is that defensive ability worth $5+ mill on a long term deal??...

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

i Just hope he stays for the wild takes posters have. Shit keeps me entertained :laugh:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

I hope he's gone after this season, he can leech points from his wingers on another team.

The Habs coaching staff is always making the team around him, always shuffling wingers to get him going, we saw this the whole season and yet he's on pace for 37 points...

Even Eller is better offensively and no sane Habs fan would play him with Tatar and Gally for 3 years, because he's really good defensively.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
If he doesnt play tomorrow it will be first time in over 100 years the Habs play a game without a Quebec born player

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
...so the question is how much is an elite defensive centre who is offensively challenged worth to the Habs and what should his usage be??...is that defensive ability worth $5+ mill on a long term deal??...
Not to mention, which to me is arguably the most important factor.

Whatever commitment it will take to keep Danault....you're essentially tossing aside Kotkaniemi or Suzuki.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I would love to see the Habs without Danault for around 10 games, to see if I underate him or some fans overrate him.

We have news about his injury ?

Ducharme should avoid overplaying Stall and call a 4th C from the AHL.

Suzuki
KK
Evans
4th line C

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I would love to see the Habs without Danault for around 10 games, to see if I underate him or some fans overrate him.

We have news about his injury ?

Ducharme should avoid overplaying Stall and call a 4th C from the AHL.

Suzuki
KK
Evans
4th line C
Habs would have probably played Poehling but he just got injured :(

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs fans always have to have one player they have to hate. Danault is the latest flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad