Player Discussion Phillip Danault - Damn-oh ! Edition

During this 2018/2019 season where should be playing Phillip Danault?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Crazy that the Danault line is one of the best in the NHL at the moment

What......wait, must be a mistake , it cant be :sarcasm:
:laugh::laugh:

God....i just hate when facts get in the way of my fellows HF posters thinking

Phil is a very good Hockey player, can step up in a 2C role when needed and doing so very well right now, eventually i see him in the 3C spot whenever CJ feel that KK is ready for bigger responsabilities

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Lol at this whole article. Yup danault is a catalyst for a line that’s top 5 in the nhl
What a horseshit piece
1 goal being insulated. Ok Berkshire. Move on
I guess danault is now better than mackinnon, Bergeron , monohan ..
Lol. No team would trade any of those players for danault
What a piece of garbage article
ONE goal.

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
On the Top 10 reasons why we are sucking so bad Danault's name is nowhere to be found

No shit he's not a legit Top 6 C but we have nobody else at the moment who can play Top 6, not his fault, same as Plekanec before him

Its nothing like the coddling DD got when there were better options, PD is doing all the heavy lifting up the middle, 100% opposite of DD

KK playing 3rd C and PP is a perfect situation for the rookie, just need to get some healthy bodies and get his better line mates back

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
On the Top 10 reasons why we are sucking so bad Danault's name is nowhere to be found

No **** he's not a legit Top 6 C but we have nobody else at the moment who can play Top 6, not his fault, same as Plekanec before him

Its nothing like the coddling DD got when there were better options, PD is doing all the heavy lifting up the middle, 100% opposite of DD

KK playing 3rd C and PP is a perfect situation for the rookie, just need to get some healthy bodies and get his better line mates back

Plekanec was a legitimate second-line centre, for the approximate period 2008-2015. He had a good run.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Plekanec was a legitimate second-line centre, for the approximate period 2008-2015. He had a good run.
He was definitely better than Danault but given the ice time and line mates Pleks had those last fews years he was probably on the bottom end pts wise of where a contending team needs the 2C to be but he was having to fill 1C due to lack of options - especially anyone you could trust to play a 200 ft game which is where Danault is having to fill in now

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Danault at least provides comfort typically in the sense that he wont be a liability on the ice. However, you couldn't even say that tonight. He was not responsible with the puck, and that kind of play won't cut it whether we are talking about 1C, 2C, or even 3C.

It was an off night, but it looks worse when he has an off night, because he's playing out of his capacity to begin with.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

Phil is a very good Hockey player, can step up in a 2C role when needed and doing so very well right now, eventually i see him in the 3C spot whenever CJ feel that KK is ready for bigger responsabilities
fact ? seriously ? no mention of McKinnon/Rantaanen in the article... are you too thinking Habs line is better than the Avs line ? seriously ? that's what you consider a fact ? Habs line is so f***ing far ahead McKinnon/Rantaanen are not even mentionned in the "article"...

and you're making a post, trying to mock people who disagree with the dumb article ? :laugh:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Are you actually mocking those of us that feel that way about Phil Danault?

Reactions: cphabs

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
and you're making a post, trying to mock people who disagree with the dumb article ? :laugh:

Not true, how can i mock someone for disagreeing with an article that i didnt even read :laugh:

Just a joke maybe not the best one but still only a joke ;)

Dont get so riled up, take a deep breath, everything is fine Habs lost yesterday you should be a happy men now :laugh::laugh:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Danault is a great player in many aspects, just isn't a true scorer. He's better than others but he's proving himself to not be 2c. He is a 3c, it's just a matter of how good a one can he become? Can he improve his production? Can he improve his faceoff prowess? Maybe even a bump up in his skating, which is already good.

The thing about Danault and the D core this year for that matter, is that both are close to being resolved. We have alot of D prospects that will have a crack at a spot next year, and we should be trending up with number of young D we should have from Brook, Fleury, Juulsen, Mete, Reilly,etc.

As for Danault, between Domi, KK, Poehling, Evans at the very least next camp, he will be in tough to retain that 2C spot, especially with KK. I could see us being an even more of a roll-all-lines team, with Danault as 4C:

Domi
Kotkaniemi
Poheling
Danault

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Not true, how can i mock someone for disagreeing with an article that i didnt even read :laugh:

Just a joke maybe not the best one but still only a joke ;)

Dont get so riled up, take a deep breath, everything is fine Habs lost yesterday you should be a happy men now :laugh::laugh:
The type of comment you made we see too often and its dumb as hell, Theres nothing funny about it. Maybe the first few thousand Times. Dont worry though Takes more than that to shake me.

Reactions: OldCraig71 and bsl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad