Proposal: Philadelphia & Vancouver

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
I don't know if they will trade Gagne this season. The loaned him to the Marlies in good faith that he would most likely not be brought up and he could be by his family. You can have Del Zotto for free though!

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Jordan Weal can crack a NHL lineup. He’s got some talent, speed, and creativity which makes him a good offensive weapon. His only problem is that he can’t create space for himself or for his linemates. If he plays with players that can get him some space, he’s dangerous in the Ozone. We saw this a couple years ago when he played with Giroux for the final 1/3 of the season.

I would honestly take back Del Zotto. I didn’t think he played poorly in Philly. Since DZ is on the last year of his contract, that makes this trade kind of enticing, however, we’d probably just keep Amac since we’d be getting a similar contract back... the only exception is that Amac plays at the NHL level.

Great trade assessing needs. I like this trade, however, I think Philadelphia says no. If you switch gange out, I think you may find something here. Good job!

Is there another B6 forward you wouldn’t mind parting with to finish out this trade?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Jordan Weal can crack a NHL lineup. He’s got some talent, speed, and creativity which makes him a good offensive weapon. His only problem is that he can’t create space for himself or for his linemates. If he plays with players that can get him some space, he’s dangerous in the Ozone. We saw this a couple years ago when he played with Giroux for the final 1/3 of the season.

I would honestly take back Del Zotto. I didn’t think he played poorly in Philly. Since DZ is on the last year of his contract, that makes this trade kind of enticing, however, we’d probably just keep Amac since we’d be getting a similar contract back... the only exception is that Amac plays at the NHL level.

Great trade assessing needs. I like this trade, however, I think Philadelphia says no. If you switch gange out, I think you may find something here. Good job!

Is there another B6 forward you wouldn’t mind parting with to finish out this trade?

Which AMac are you watching? Because the Andrew MacDonald on the Flyers does not play at the NHL level. I'd take MDZ over him any day of the week.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Which AMac are you watching? Because the Andrew MacDonald on the Flyers does not play at the NHL level. I'd take MDZ over him any day of the week.
You don’t typically talk bad about assets you’re trying to sell. Most would take DZ over Amac.

By NHL level, I literally meant the NHL level... not talent. Gange is loaned at the AHL. Amac, at least, plays on a NHL team.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It's an interesting basis to think about...but with the Canucks taking on the extra salary, i'd want something other than Jordan Weal to justify it. It's a fair bit more actual cash salary over the two years too, with MacDonald's escalating money.

Not that i'd be expecting much in a junk swap, but a guy like Weal just doesn't do anything for the Canucks. There's no room for another small/soft forward in the mix. Hence Gagner in the minors in the first place. At that point, probably better to just hang onto MDZ and ship him out for a pick as a rental at the deadline or something, and continue to bury Gagner in the minors.

Some sort of futures like a pick, or a prospect who hasn't really progressed as expected even, would entice a lot more i think, as a gamble attached to the mutual salary dumping.

Reactions: THE Green Man

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
This is a bottom of the roster move so it wouldn't have a huge effect on either team but i don't see Vancouver doing it. I would do it as a Philly fan in a heartbeat

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I don't know if they will trade Gagne this season. The loaned him to the Marlies in good faith that he would most likely not be brought up and he could be by his family. You can have Del Zotto for free though!

Garner will be traded, if he was ok to be in Van while his family was in TO then he can be in Columbus, Florida or Nashville too.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Philadelphia

Jordan Weal
Andrew MacDonald

Vancouver

Sam Gagner
Michael Del Zotto

Done and done.

It's an interesting basis to think about...but with the Canucks taking on the extra salary, i'd want something other than Jordan Weal to justify it. It's a fair bit more actual cash salary over the two years too, with MacDonald's escalating money.

Flyers retain 50% on MacDonald. Still done.

Reactions: Provocop

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Garner will be traded, if he was ok to be in Van while his family was in TO then he can be in Columbus, Florida or Nashville too.
His wife and kids are living in Vancouver.... He is currently living with his parents who live in TO when he's playing for the Marlies. He requested a team that was a direct flight so that they could visit on some of their breaks and homestands and TO was one of the few AHL spots with direct flights.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
This is just a proposal to dump MacDonalds salary. Pretty sure Hakstol would cut the power to the building before he allowed any trade paperwork to be faxed involving his boy. In reality this is a win for Philly, as Gagner likely plays in the NHL as their 4th line C Mehtera is nothing special at this point in his career.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
This is just a proposal to dump MacDonalds salary. Pretty sure Hakstol would cut the power to the building before he allowed any trade paperwork to be faxed involving his boy. In reality this is a win for Philly, as Gagner likely plays in the NHL as their 4th line C Mehtera is nothing special at this point in his career.

See, i thought you were in tune with the Flyers when you reognized Hakstols love for MacDonald and the lengths he would go to keep him. Then you go and pretend like Lehtera isn't his secret side piece for when AMac isnt available...

Reactions: Kamiccolo

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Philadelphia

Jordan Weal
Andrew MacDonald

Vancouver

Sam Gagner
Michael Del Zotto
From just a money POV, MacDonald is owed $11.25 million for this year and next. Between Gagner at $6.3 and MDZ at $3, that’s $9.3 million. $2 million.

And the Canucks will likely buyout Gagner which drops their payments to $8.25 million.

Given what these guys are now, I think it’s just best for the Canucks to get out of their contracts ASAP.

Reactions: biturbo19

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Replace Weal with Weise the only way I am going to say yes.. Gagner? Really? Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008

Not that i'd be expecting much in a junk swap, but a guy like Weal just doesn't do anything for the Canucks. There's no room for another small/soft forward in the mix. Hence Gagner in the minors in the first place. At that point, probably better to just hang onto MDZ and ship him out for a pick as a rental at the deadline or something, and continue to bury Gagner in the minors.

Some sort of futures like a pick, or a prospect who hasn't really progressed as expected even, would entice a lot more i think, as a gamble attached to the mutual salary dumping.

I don't know that any of the 4 players gets a 3rd rounder so adding picks doesn't really work to balance out the 2 million. Might i suggest pseudo prospect mike vecchione.

Vex was a big college ufa at a time Philly was lacking in center depth. While not being nhl ready at the time the depth has piled ahead of him since and while he has nhl potential i don't think he'll crack the lineup in philly.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't know that any of the 4 players gets a 3rd rounder so adding picks doesn't really work to balance out the 2 million. Might i suggest pseudo prospect mike vecchione.

Vex was a big college ufa at a time Philly was lacking in center depth. While not being nhl ready at the time the depth has piled ahead of him since and while he has nhl potential i don't think he'll crack the lineup in philly.

Yeah. Something like that, or Laberge or something probably sounds more interesting for the Canucks than Weal (who we already have plenty of that type). To me at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad