Philadelphia sports MVP and LVP

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
From January 1st 2014 to present, who is your 2014 Philadelphia sports Most Valuable Person and Least Valuable Person (A players, coach or GM from the: Flyers, Eagles, 76ers, Phillies or Union). Provide a brief explanation of why. My MVP is Darren Sproles with Maclin as the runner up. No matter how Sproles got the ball, kick returning, running or playing in the slot, things happened. My LVP is Bill Davis (Eagles defensive coordinator) with Cary Williams and his bonehead penalties runner up, Davis playing calling especially in the secondary was horrendous. Too many big plays, too many times... ended up costing the Eagles.

Who is your Philadelphia sports Most Valuable and Least Valuable Person?

Last edited:

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
MVP: Chip Kelly
LVP: Ryan Howard

I lost a lot of confidence in Chip Kelly towards the second half of the season. Seemed as though he lost his balls and stopped taking risks. Kelly went 1-5 vs teams with winning records. Are the Eagles really better off now then they were when Kelly took over?

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't watch the Union nor could I tell you a single player on the team. I don't watch the Sixers neither but know a little about the team.

MVP's: Voracek/Giroux, Maclin/Barwin, the Phillies & Sixers don't get one

LVP's: Lecavalier, Eagles Secondary, Howard (Amaro), & none for the Sixers since they're intentionally trying to be bad.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
MVP: Fletcher Cox - has really stepped up as the anchor of the Eagle's D and I'm excited to see what he'll become in the future. Having him, Benny Logan, and Vinny Curry reminds me of the days of Reggie and Jerome Brown. It would be incredible if the Eagles found a secondary and were able to transform in an awesome defense again.

LVP: Not a player, but has to be the incompetent Ruben Amaro Jr. How he still has a job is completely baffling. He has put the Phillies in a position to not be competitive for the next 5 years.

If you want a player I guess you go with Howard.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
MVP: Joshua Harris. What the Sixers are doing couldn't be happening without him. It's a bold strategy but I think it's going to pay off and most owners wouldn't allow it a chance to happen. And frankly, it's a light year for candidates in Philly.

LVP: Bradley Fletcher. He beats out Ryan Howard because there's no sentimental attachment. I considered Holmgren and Amaro but a lot of the damage they've done was inflicted pre-2014.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Kind of bizarre some of these choices. Giroux is just wayyyy more important to the flyers success than fletcher cox, Cole hamles, and Darren sproles are for their teams.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
It depends what you mean by value? Does it mean who is the most important to their team, or who had the best season? This gets debated every time for when the MVP comes up.

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
It depends what you mean by value? Does it mean who is the most important to their team, or who had the best season? This gets debated every time for when the MVP comes up.

Most valuable person to Philadelphia Sports this calender year

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
LVP has gotta be Howard. Bradley Fletcher blows, but there is plenty of blame to go around on Eagle's defenders not named Fletcher Cox (notably Billy Davis for leaving him 1 on 1 with Dez Bryant over and over).

MVP gotta go with Giroux. How he played post Jan 1st combined with how he's started this year out, it's an easy choice IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad