Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Wonder when the last time a pitcher retired the side on 3 pitches while allowing a hit to the leadoff hitter

He threw the ball directly at harpers head from a foot away and then laughed about it. Why is that treated any differently than a pitcher doing it?
I think you might be the only one on the planet who believes that wasn't an accident

Reactions: SnS

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

giphy.gif

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Implying they won't re-sign him? I have a hard time believing that.
Regardless, I think they'd need to add a better than average backup. Don't know if there's much help in the upper minors aside from Marchan. Tait is one of their better prospects but he's several years away

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Finally breaking through with risp. Keep it moving!

Bro, the Mets f***ing suck. Ask Ron about that fundemental baseball

I'd rather have Stubbs up there in this spot. At least he has a chance to lay a bunt down. No cap

I am once again here to tell you that automerge is the worst feature ever rolled out in the history of the internet

Reactions: BiggE

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Not that Stubbs is great or anything but he’s gotten a bit shafted by the platoon split. Before today he saw as many LHPs as RHPs which is quite rare for a backup LH hitting catcher. It’s also hard to hit big league pitching if you don’t play consistently.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Gotta hope ya boi wins any type of drawing for the first time in his life lol
Prayers up for my dude.

I think full STH’s got to buy from the Hall of Fame Club and the CP Rankin Club today and that was it. So in theory their should be A LOT of seats available to the general public.

From what I can tell the HOF offering hasn't sold out yet but that could be wrong.

P.S. Topper says Harper's migraine wasn't due to the throw to the dome and he was available to pinch hit today. Says he and Realmuto will play tomorrow barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad