Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
tenor.gif

I can already feel the hurt coming 8 months out

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
When was the last time there was a report that someone had an unsuccessful surgery?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I have seen a bunch of chatter about the Phillies acquiring a closer in the trade market, but if they can't who is it going to be? I really wish Seranthony was that guy and it looked like at one point he was going to be. Alvarado? Kerkering? Hoffman? Or just riding the hot hand?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I have seen a bunch of chatter about the Phillies acquiring a closer in the trade market, but if they can't who is it going to be? I really wish Seranthony was that guy and it looked like at one point he was going to be. Alvarado? Kerkering? Hoffman? Or just riding the hot hand?
Dombroski said the other day it'll basically be by committee.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Ugh, I don't really trust any of these guys at this point. Hopefully someone emerges as a reliable option.
Most baseball teams are hoping for that. Even established good relievers have seasons where they become throwing gas on a fire. Relief pitching is the one thing you consistently seem to never be able to predict unless you have a Mariano Rivera.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Most baseball teams are hoping for that. Even established good relievers have seasons where they become throwing gas on a fire. Relief pitching is the one thing you consistently seem to never be able to predict unless you have a Mariano Rivera.
Yeah but usually there is someone that you at least confident can do the job most of the time. Not expecting Brad Lidge perfect seasons or Eric Gagne lights out stuff every night, but I mean would be nice to have someone that can get you 25-30 saves without sweating every single night. I don't mean he will never make you sweat but someone that you aren't every pitch may be his last good pitch of the night.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Not saying it’s right but it’s one thing to pull the cheap shit with the fan apparel but it’s a whole another level of just not giving a f*** with the pro apparel too.
It's absolutely beyond me.

I'm a jersey snob and i'll gladly admit that but this crap is absolutely amazing that they're able to get away with it. These things are going to last like five minutes out in the wild on the general public and even less with the players on the field.

I'm super thankful that I was able to get an authentic Turner powder blue a couple months back after the team store had a post on Instagram saying that they had a few just come in and ask and they have them in the back.

That jersey will last me years. The ones that they regularly put out will last a wash or two.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Might as well go back to not having names on the jersey just like the Red Sox or Yankees. What a shitshow.

Gonna be hilarious to find out that these shirts weren't designed for people to slide in them and they just shred.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I wonder what the jerseys in Lids are ..never stop in to check because I feel they are vastly up marked in there

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

lol. Like Hader was ever thought to be the 'set-up' guy. They gave him the biggest contract EVER to a relief pitcher. Only pitcher to ever get more was Edwin Diaz with his Mets deal, but it has deferred money so it's not actually worth as much.

You don't pay a guy almost $20m a year to pitch the 8th inning.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad