Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
@FLYguy3911, they'll probably promote Caba to A soonish, yeah?
I would think at some point yeah. He has 7:1 BB:K ratio so far lol. He missed half of a short season last year so they probably wanted to play it safe a bit and ease him into full season ball. The FCL started earlier this season so probably wasn’t worth skipping the level completely. Bergolla who is a similar type of hitter (much less of a prospect) went to Clearwater at the beginning of June last year. I think with his approach and defense, he’s going to be a fast mover if baseball doesn’t get in the way.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I’d be more worried about living underneath him.
god-of-war-kratos.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Would not be surprised if Bryce was feeling those migraines last night. His AT-BATs looked like something was bothering him. Hopefully not a lingering issue. The Mets have been lucky so far with the lineups we are trotting out there.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Would not be surprised if Bryce was feeling those migraines last night. His AT-BATs looked like something was bothering him. Hopefully not a lingering issue. The Mets have been lucky so far with the lineups we are trotting out there.
I mean when he got hit in the helmet by the Mets catcher throwing the ball back to the pitcher he was definitely shaking his head like he was 'clearing cobwebs'.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I mean when he got hit in the helmet by the Mets catcher throwing the ball back to the pitcher he was definitely shaking his head like he was 'clearing cobwebs'.

Oh shit I forgot that happened because I didn't see it. Only heard about it. That'll do it. Hopefully no concussion.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If there’s someone on with Stubbs at bat I’m having him bunt every time at this point. The dude can’t get the ball out of the infield anyway.

I do wonder if getting a Catcher is on the table this year if he doesn't push back toward his usual self at the plate.

It's tough to thread the needle on someone both worth trading for and cheap enough on both axes to still be a backup. I get that. Stubbs is just on a run where his average EV is sub 80. He's broken 95 twice all year. Launch angle is back to his normal after the spike last year. This is tough to watch.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I do wonder if getting a Catcher is on the table this year if he doesn't push back toward his usual self at the plate.

It's tough to thread the needle on someone both worth trading for and cheap enough on both axes to still be a backup. I get that. Stubbs is just on a run where his average EV is sub 80. He's broken 95 twice all year. Launch angle is back to his normal after the spike last year. This is tough to watch.

I forget where but I saw someone on twitter who covers the Phillies say the same thing. Essentially in an ideal world you replace him from within as the year goes on but that the Phillies don’t have that player really in their system.

Then trade market wise how many true backup catchers are of actually quality out there?

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad