Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Would have taken Wheeler out after the 7th TBH. He wasn't finishing the game with his pitch count and it would have just led to an even more awkward 'pull' if he got through 8 and was still no-hitting them, but his pitch count was like 110+

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Woah, what happened?

ETA: going by the box score I see Pinto just didn’t have it and was left in the trenches taking grenades

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
9-0 lead in the 9th and Thomsons dumb ass just allowed Pinto to allow 5 runs and then load the bases in under 10 minutes before finally yanking him. Now its 1 swing away from a tie game because hes too slow to yank a guy. Almost cost them a 7-1 lead last week. We'll see how this goes.

And a great play by Harper bails out Topper.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I'm not sure why I'm constantly being called out for wanting them to add a bullpen arm. Is that really outlandish? I've even said I think this bullpen is good. Sure enough, they've been just that. I just worry about their mileage. So I want another arm. That being said, the way Turnbull has pitched so far, he might be that guy. That would be a welcome surprise to me, I definitely was not expecting that

I've said their best avenue to a championship is re-signing Nola, I've said I expect Sanchez to be a beast this year, and I've also said Wheeler-Nola-Ranger is the best postseason rotation in baseball.

I've also even said I can see 95 wins this year! But I'm the guy that needs to eat the crow around here I guess. I think we need to start tagging @Rebels57 instead of me lol
Iam with you. I dont trust Soto and Dominguez. Kerkering is young and inexperienced but i like him alot. Hoffman is a very good pitcher for us but iam not trusting him in really big moments.

So for the closer role we only have Alverado. Not enough in my eyes. Sure if Kerkering will reach his potential already this season we should be fine but that is a lot to ask.

Strahm can pitch in high leverage situations as well. But especcially in the play offs we used ranger as the closer. And i cant imagine they will do this another year with his grown role!

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Phillies starting pitchers:
2.25 ERA (#1 NL, #2 MLB)
3.11 FIP (#1 NL, #2 MLB)

Phillies relievers:
5.86 ERA (#15 NL, #30 MLB)
3.77 FIP (#5 NL, #10 MLB)

Surprised there's no difference between ERA/FIP for the starters, but a pretty big difference between the relievers.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
appreciate the value you added to the conversation. he is a solid mlb pitcher. doesn't blow at all

I disagree with you. He is not a solid mlb pitcher for his contract, 18M per for a number 5 maybe. Is horrible. He isn’t better than any of the 5 we have currently. So I’m not really sure how he should be a solid mlb pitcher for us. He can take money and sit at home for all I care.

If I remember correctly he didn’t even pitch in the playoffs last year. That’s not a solid mlb pitcher.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I disagree with you. He is not a solid mlb pitcher for his contract, 18M per for a number 5 maybe. Is horrible. He isn’t better than any of the 5 we have currently. So I’m not really sure how he should be a solid mlb pitcher for us. He can take money and sit at home for all I care.

If I remember correctly he didn’t even pitch in the playoffs last year. That’s not a solid mlb pitcher.

Yeah Walker is garbage. Im sure theyll use him at some point because Turnbull hasnt thrown more than like 50 innings in 3 years...but doesnt make it any more of any awful signing by Dombrowski.

Reactions: SnS

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

his stats say otherwise. so for arguments sake because he isn't better than any of the 5 he isn't a solid pitcher? once he is healthy he should be easily tradeable. many teams need pitching. a

he is overpaid I do not disagree. to say he stinks is just off base to me.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
his stats say otherwise. so for arguments sake because he isn't better than any of the 5 he isn't a solid pitcher? once he is healthy he should be easily tradeable. many teams need pitching. a

he is overpaid I do not disagree. to say he stinks is just off base to me.
Hes overpaid.
Hes not very good. He didn’t pitch in the playoffs. Not even a relief role. That’s pretty telling.

If he garners anything more than a long shot or future considerations. I’ll be EXTREMELY shocked.

Reactions: Rebels57

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Yeah Walker is garbage. Im sure theyll use him at some point because Turnbull hasnt thrown more than like 50 innings in 3 years...but doesnt make it any more of any awful signing by Dombrowski.

And I think it’s going to be awful when he is used. People will see what the real Walker is about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad