OT: Philadelphia Phillies Spring Training: Bryce-Man Cometh

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I'm about in tears over this Phils squad. They were the first team I ever really followed as a kid and I'm just stupidly happy that they look relevant again. Took my boys out this morning to play catch and swing a bat, and then I let them stay up late to watch some of the game to start teaching them the finer points, and they were actually interested. It's a beautiful thing.
I hear ya. Summer isn't the same when the Phils suck

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I'm about in tears over this Phils squad. They were the first team I ever really followed as a kid and I'm just stupidly happy that they look relevant again. Took my boys out this morning to play catch and swing a bat, and then I let them stay up late to watch some of the game to start teaching them the finer points, and they were actually interested. It's a beautiful thing.
Hopefully your boys get spoiled with some postseason baseball this year. That will take their fandom to a whole new level.

Reactions: mja

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Well that was a fun series. I think i might be watching this team this summer.

Speaking of fun, i recommend you guys head over to twitter and check out Nats fans acting like a bunch of gaping vaginas over the fact that A-Rod called Philly a real sports city and DC a city that cares more about politics.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Well that was a fun series. I think i might be watching this team this summer.

Speaking of fun, i recommend you guys head over to twitter and check out Nats fans acting like a bunch of gaping vaginas over the fact that A-Rod called Philly a real sports city and DC a city that cares more about politics.
DC is the worst sports city in America and its not even close, alot of it is partly due to the nature of this area.

Reactions: Flybynite

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I know that it is very early on in the season, but I do honestly believe 162-0 is a real possibility. Hear me out. We have an unhittable pitching staff and two of the best middle of the order hitters of the modern era. Couple that with an impenetrable defense, fastest man on the planet "Odubel Herrera," and Albert Einstein reincarnated into an MLB manager, and we may never see a loss this year boys (and girls)!

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Miami + Atlanta are worse. easily.
Yeah, Miami seems pretty unquestionably bad. Atlanta seems to get up for the Braves and I think their soccer team is a huge draw. Falcons and Hawks I am not sure and obviously two failed hockey experiments don't make them look any better, despite Lil John's best efforts. But Miami I think it is because of the large Cuban and retired community maybe? Not a lot of home-grown Marlins/Dolphins/Panthers/Heat fans? Sucks too because it is a cool city and there's a ton of money there. Formula 1 has a grand prix there next year...can't wait for that!

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I know that it is very early on in the season, but I do honestly believe 162-0 is a real possibility. Hear me out. We have an unhittable pitching staff and two of the best middle of the order hitters of the modern era. Couple that with an impenetrable defense, fastest man on the planet "Odubel Herrera," and Albert Einstein reincarnated into an MLB manager, and we may never see a loss this year boys (and girls)!

elle-leonardo-dicaprio-toast-07-the-great-gatsby-warner-bros-pictures_1.jpg

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So seems like with the Phillies are winning the "baby's first onsie" battle (now that is partically since they will be playing in the late June time frame) Wife & I have watched all 3 games fully so far and it has been enjoyable. She is especially happy. She used to be a season ticket holder with her Dad for YEARs. She is excited to see them relevant and fun to watch again.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Damn Phillies fans, oh wait.

Father of 4 critically injured in fight outside Dodger Stadium

A woman is pleading for justice after her husband, a father of four, was critically injured in a fight outside Dodger Stadium Friday night.

The man, identified by his wife as Rafael Reyna, was at the game against the Diamondbacks -- just the second of the season -- when he left as it went into extra innings. Reyna apparently got into an argument with someone in the parking lot and was struck by the fan, according to eyewitnesses who reported the incident to stadium security.

His wife, Christel, was on the phone with her husband at the time and said all she heard was him arguing with someone, a loud crack and then her husband moaning.

"He was hit and his head hit the ground and caused a skull fracture, and now his brain is swelling. He's bleeding on the brain," Christel Reyna told Los Angeles ABC station KABC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln