OT: Philadelphia Phillies Spring Training: Bryce-Man Cometh

Status
Not open for further replies.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Bryce Harper is to Mike Trout as AA travel is to MLB travel

Devil’s advocate:

Trout will probably grade out more as a corner outfielder in a few years. Positional value diminishes with that kind of transition.

Both Trout and Harper have established similar maximums of production. I know some dismiss Harper’s 2015 season as an aberration, but few hitters have ever neared or exceeded that level of production. I’d be interested in seeing the list of hitters who’ve broken out like Harper did and never approximated that output again.

Harper is a bit younger :)

Last, these contracts are more for the next 5 years than the 7+ years thereafter. I doubt Harper will be better than Trout over the next 5 years. But years after? Who knows.

Reactions: Cody Webster

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Harper is getting paid $10M less a year over the same length of contract. That's a big difference.
Trout will have a CF defensive premium for the next few years, after that it'll come down to offense.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Harper is getting paid $10M less a year over the same length of contract. That's a big difference.
Trout will have a CF defensive premium for the next few years, after that it'll come down to offense.

Trout has literally been worth twice as much as Harper.

64.9 WAR in Trout's career vs 30.5 for Harper.

Obviously defense is a part of that, but Trout's offense is significantly better as well

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Trout has literally been worth twice as much as Harper.

64.9 WAR in Trout's career vs 30.5 for Harper.

Obviously defense is a part of that, but Trout's offense is significantly better as well

Literally, no.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Don’t see how he doesn’t go back to Boston. Lindor is who you should keep an eye on.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Francisco Lindor? You think Cleveland would trade him since their window is starting to close? They also don’t like to pay a premium for their players.
They won't trade him any time soon, but I would bet on him making it to free agency.
Nearly half a billion dollars to swing a stick at a ball.
Hardest sport in the world and he might be the best to ever do it.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
So how many of you here knew that the Regular Season started today in Japan?
I did. Living out here in WA for the better part of 30 years has turned me into a Mariners fan.....well, they're the team in the AL I root for anyway.
9-7 over the A's....good start in a place that I have actually been to and seen a Japanese baseball game.

ToobiasedFor

Nov 29, 2018
I kinda hate Mike Trout now. Not real hate, sports hate. Hope he gets booed out the stadium whether it's in the Linc or the rare times the Angels come to the Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad