Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006

a253cacb-72e5-485b-af8d-e14a4fce2e8e_text.gif

Think Moyer is a available? Hes only 58

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Oh, snap. Disrespect to Canada by the MLB.

Guerrero Jr, born in Canada but linked to the Domincan Republic: Dominican Republic flag.

Freeman, born in the USA, represents Canada internationally: USA flag.

Edit: not as much disrespect as that anthem singer though. :laugh: Yowza.
I think it’s even worse than you let on.

They all have US flags on their jerseys even the Blue Jays.

I’m so friggin confused by what the point of it was.

Vlad has a US flag.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I think it’s even worse than you let on.

They all have US flags on their jerseys even the Blue Jays.

I’m so friggin confused by what the point of it was.

Vlad has a US flag.
The Jays are wearing Canadian flags... unless they switched jerseys on me. :laugh:

Edit: Canadian flags on the right chest; Amero flags on the left arm.

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Man Stephen A. is still going trying to defend himself after those Ohtani comments. :laugh:

I dislike SAS as much as anyone. He has shown time and time again how ignorant he is of racial issues when making comments on Steven Nash receiving white privilege or discussing Djax and Stephen Jackson's incensitive anti semetic comments.

But this Ohtani stuff is the thing that gets attention? All he said is that Ohtani's language barrier is going to prevent him from being the face of American Baseball and guess what ....He is right. Baseball is dominated by foreigners who have not mastered the english language and hence get less on air interviews because of it. Hard to become the face of a sport when major media outlets can't even interview you. Ask Mariner fans what Ichiro's voice sounds like. He spent almost 20 years in the majors and never conducted a single interview in English, and as great as he was he was not the face of baseball for even a glimpse. TO be the face of the sport you need to have the on field /ice /court ability plus the charm to win fans over . Lebron, MJ, Brady, Gretzky, Ken Griffey, Jeter... these are the personalities that are worthy of being the face of a sport.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I dislike SAS as much as anyone. He has shown time and time again how ignorant he is of racial issues when making comments on Steven Nash receiving white privilege or discussing Djax and Stephen Jackson's incensitive anti semetic comments.

But this Ohtani stuff is the thing that gets attention? All he said is that Ohtani's language barrier is going to prevent him from being the face of American Baseball and guess what ....He is right. Baseball is dominated by foreigners who have not mastered the english language and hence get less on air interviews because of it. Hard to become the face of a sport when major media outlets can't even interview you. Ask Mariner fans what Ichiro's voice sounds like. He spent almost 20 years in the majors and never conducted a single interview in English, and as great as he was he was not the face of baseball for even a glimpse. TO be the face of the sport you need to have the on field /ice /court ability plus the charm to win fans over . Lebron, MJ, Brady, Gretzky, Ken Griffey, Jeter... these are the personalities that are worthy of being the face of a sport.
Who are the faces of soccer in the US? In sports your game speaks for itself. No one cares about what people say in interviews.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The Jays are wearing Canadian flags... unless they switched jerseys on me. :laugh:

Edit: Canadian flags on the right chest; Amero flags on the left arm.
Yeah, they hastily put a Canadian flag on the Blue Jays ones at some point after the jerseys were manufactured. Why the hell do they all have an American flag?! I can’t figure it out other than incompetence.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Steven A., is that you?
Lol. Not even in the slightest but a routine ground ball isn’t something that needs to be talked about as if it’s something amazing.

It’s the same thing that happened with Crosby and Ovechkin. They don’t need hyping up. Their play speaks for themselves and will have more than enough examples of spectacular plays.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Lol. Not even in the slightest but a routine ground ball isn’t something that needs to be talked about as if it’s something amazing.

It’s the same thing that happened with Crosby and Ovechkin. They don’t need hyping up. Their play speaks for themselves and will have more than enough examples of spectacular plays.
Just admit it, you hate Ohtani because he uses an interpreter! Haha. No I get it. I don't mind it though because the guy is so ridiculous. I really hope he plays well into his 40s and just destroys every record possible. Maybe he gets traded to an NL team to get some extra ABs. Ends up with 300+ wins and breaks Bonds' (Aaron's) record. I know neither will really happen...just saying.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Just admit it, you hate Ohtani because he uses an interpreter! Haha. No I get it. I don't mind it though because the guy is so ridiculous. I really hope he plays well into his 40s and just destroys every record possible. Maybe he gets traded to an NL team to get some extra ABs. Ends up with 300+ wins and breaks Bonds' (Aaron's) record. I know neither will really happen...just saying.
I know you said that neither will happen but... they REALLY won't happen. I'm not sure we see another 300 game winner ever let alone a 27 year old pitcher who is just starting his career over here. He'd also need 55+ homers a year up until age 40 to break Ruth's record.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I know you said that neither will happen but... they REALLY won't happen. I'm not sure we see another 300 game winner ever let alone a 27 year old pitcher who is just starting his career over here. He'd also need 55+ homers a year up until age 40 to break Ruth's record.
Yeah but if he plays ten more years and wins 30 games a season and hits 75 a year in that time span I think the math works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad