OT: Philadelphia Phillies regular season part 2;

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Managing your starters' workload is pretty important long-term goal. Your assertion that Kapler has cost them a few wins is very dubious. At this point in the season it's extremely unlikely that managerial decisions involving bullpen usage has cost any team as much as 1.0 wins this season.

Kapler is way over his expected wins for his career.

Just the other night if Neris hadn't of held on that's one win right there, then there's the other game vs the Cubs when he could have brought in Neshak or someone else but opted to give his top 4 bull pen guys the night off. That's from 4 games and you think he hasn't cost them, that's insane.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Neshek “couldn’t get loose” that night. Kapler pretty much called him out without calling him out.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
he said he could go.

That’s his side of the story after he got blasted. Neshek has his own set of rules. We know this. Do you really think Kapler is foolish enough to think he can win a game against the Cubs without his 4 best relievers?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Ok- tonight is my first time this season being annoyed at Kapler. I'm pro-Kapler typically but lifting your starter (admittedly struggling) after 3 innings for a pinch hitter to attempt to tie it in the 4th inning is not what I'd do.

But what's worse is taking Ceasar out in the corresponding move. One of the team's hottest hitters, with a double and a 390 footer that would have driven in 2 with 2 outs had it not been for a 5 star catch by Cain.

Come on man.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
McCutchen is locked in at the dish but has been absolutely brutal on the bases this last week.

Reactions: SnS

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Anyone following what's been going on with Nick Williams? I haven't read it anywhere but someone was telling me that he didn't report to LV when sent down and his agent had to get involved to get him there. He played one game and I don't know if it was an interview or rumor but the person was saying that Williams didn't understand why he was sent down or wasn't happy, something to that effect. Today he was placed on the temporary inactive list but no word as to why.

Good win. Bullpen was awesome.

it was an impressive win and a great job by the pen, hopefully they can keep it up and don't have injuries from so many appearances. Same for the starters as it's got to be tough on guys like Hoskins, Harper, who never seem to have a day off.

It's funny how it goes, they looked like shit vs brews at home, where they have been very good all year, then go on the road vs one of the hottest teams in baseball and could have won 3 of 4 and then take the 1st one against a very good brewers team in strong fashion with their #5 pitcher.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Ive been pretty defensive of Harper but his strike outs have been a problem. Had a chance to blow the game wide open there.

Reactions: Jtown

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Moniak .842 obp in May. His best month as a pro. Young for double aa ball too. Maybe there is something there.
OPS over .800 in 3 of the last 4 months he's played.

His swing is still as beautiful as ever. He's bigger. He's hitting the ball with authority. He started closing his stride off a little which is allowing him to use the whole field more. He's been pretty much a dead pull hitter up until now. The approach still kinda stinks and it probably always will be below average and hold him back throughout his career. He's probably going to get abused by breaking stuff at the ML level, but the fact that we are talking about a ML career is a good thing. He's lost some athleticism and probably isn't going to be much more than average in CF, but it's always been about the bat.

Still wouldn't project him to be much more than a 4th OF at this point, but he is young. Maybe something really clicks with 2,000 minor league plate appearances. It is important to note that this upcoming draft class, of college Juniors, is his graduating HS class. You take one of those guys in the top 10 this year and you hope they finish up next season in AA. Mickey's going to be in AAA next year and maybe finish up the year in the Majors (will need to be on the 40 man the following season).

Reactions: Jtown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad