OT: Philadelphia Phillies regular season part 2;

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd rather see them move Suarez to the 5th starter spot and put VV back in the pen. Suarez has given up only 1 ER this month and he's been a starter in the minors.

Guess Quinn gave up on giving up switching hitting as I saw him bat left today, wasn't sure if this was the first time as i've missed some games here and there. Thought for sure that was a triple with his speed.

In the minors how about Spencer Howard, man is dominating the Florida St league, really surprised he's not in Reading. I believe I saw a stat that he hasn't given up an earned run since April 16th (he was injured for a good bit)

What happens by the deadline, really hope they don't trade Howard or Bohm. I would leave the young pitchers in Lakewood alone as well in Lindow, Morales, Santos, Pipkin, Gowdy etc.... since they farm is so thin on pitching and it will be a little while before you know what you really have there. But it would depend on the return of course.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I'd rather see them move Suarez to the 5th starter spot and put VV back in the pen. Suarez has given up only 1 ER this month and he's been a starter in the minors.

Guess Quinn gave up on giving up switching hitting as I saw him bat left today, wasn't sure if this was the first time as i've missed some games here and there. Thought for sure that was a triple with his speed.

In the minors how about Spencer Howard, man is dominating the Florida St league, really surprised he's not in Reading. I believe I saw a stat that he hasn't given up an earned run since April 16th (he was injured for a good bit)

What happens by the deadline, really hope they don't trade Howard or Bohm. I would leave the young pitchers in Lakewood alone as well in Lindow, Morales, Santos, Pipkin, Gowdy etc.... since they farm is so thin on pitching and it will be a little while before you know what you really have there. But it would depend on the return of course.
With the only thing between Bohm and the Phils' starting 3B job being Franco, it'd be next to a fireable offense to trade him

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With the only thing between Bohm and the Phils' starting 3B job being Franco, it'd be next to a fireable offense to trade him

The only way I would consider trading Bohm is next year if the rumors that they are interested in Rendon and he ends up signing here in the winter.

The problem going forward is that the phils have a serious problem with pitching. Jake will likely be gone after next season, so they have Nola and a lot of question marks in both the starting and pen. They just don't have the prospects after Howard who I assume isn't too far away. They have Medina but he has been inconsistent this year, they have JoJo who KLaw is a big fan of but he's been wildly inconsistent and downright terrible to start the last 2 seasons only to settle in a good bit. There's Jones who if he can get his command down might be something or he might just be a pen arm as he just got blasted in his 2nd or 3rd AAA start.

So my point is this off season management is going to need to figure out how they are going to fix the arms situation, if they ever want to beat the braves, LA, etc.. and before even thinking of taking on the yankees, astros, etc..

Their main weapon is money but from what I understand it's not a great market for FA pitching. So if Rendon doesn't re-sign and I got to think the Nationals will up the offer as they can't lose him and Harper in back to back years especially to a dvision rival if the phils are indeed interested and he wants to be here. I'm sure Harper could have a good talk with him and we know the phils will put up the money.

If they did get him, they could use Bohm and other prospects to trade for a #2 if they can find the right deal as it's all just wild speculation at this point.

The better thing is on hold on Bohm and hope he turns into a Byrant type but no matter what they are going to have some very serious holes to fill in the rotation and that won't be easy to fix with just money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad