OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pronunciation Class With Bryce Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Phillies management is apparently hoping the ANTIVAXXERS *GET* COVID in order to get 'natural antibodies' and then herd immunity via spreading it among themselves...

Jesus. What a bunch of a ****ing morons. Your choice is antibodies via vaccine, or antibodies via a disease that has shown it can have far worse and long-lasting symptoms.

Some of the vaccinated players who got the one-dose J&J vaccine had NORMAL BASEBALL INJURIES shortly following it and apparently spread around THE VACCINES ARE CAUSING THESE! and further reinforced the antivaxxers to avoid them.

They are aware that even by some miracle this thought process worked that since they're under the threshold of percentage of players vaccinated that even though they had the virus they're still subject to contact tracing if things pop up...

Genius.

YAYYYYY SPORTS.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

Phillies management is apparently hoping the ANTIVAXXERS *GET* COVID in order to get 'natural antibodies' and then herd immunity via spreading it among themselves...

Jesus. What a bunch of a ****ing morons. Your choice is antibodies via vaccine, or antibodies via a disease that has shown it can have far worse and long-lasting symptoms.

Some of the vaccinated players who got the one-dose J&J vaccine had NORMAL BASEBALL INJURIES shortly following it and apparently spread around THE VACCINES ARE CAUSING THESE! and further reinforced the antivaxxers to avoid them.

I am literally fuming right now. These f***ing idiots. Luckily this is the first thing I've read today, starting off well

Hope they never win another game. Didi is high risk at baseline, he has some kidney issue I think? I remember hearing that. This team isn't only full of losers, it's full of conspirators. f*** off. f*** the hell off

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I am literally fuming right now. These f***ing idiots. Luckily this is the first thing I've read today, starting off well

Hope they never win another game. Didi is high risk at baseline, he has some kidney issue I think? I remember hearing that. This team isn't only full of losers, it's full of conspirators. f*** off. f*** the hell off
Yea. Didi took the J&J vaccine and blamed it for his elbow injury which apparently just helped to solidify the "holdouts" to not get it.

the cubs are another team well below the vaccinated threshold and apparently theres a thing going around baseball wives where they believe the vaccine will cause sterility...

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
re: the draft

If MLB has any interest in gaining the casual viewer, they have to allow teams to trade picks. 99% of the people that follow the sport can't grasp the bonus pool concept and that the best players don't get drafted in order. Just take a peak at any Phillies related Twitter thread on the subject (ya I know).

Just doing some quick Youtubing, Painter has a really smooth and coordinated delivery for a 6'7 kid, which bodes well for his chances of making it as a big league starter. SSS, but for a kid with his size and stuff, it didn't seem like he missed as many bats as you would hope and expect against HS competition. Having read that he's a sinker-baller, it started to make more sense. I wonder if they try to change the shape of his fastball in pro ball.

It's nice to see the Phillies have a second round pick for a change. Historically they have done pretty well in that round.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
re: the draft

If MLB has any interest in gaining the casual viewer, they have to allow teams to trade picks. 99% of the people that follow the sport can't grasp the bonus pool concept and that the best players don't get drafted in order. Just take a peak at any Phillies related Twitter thread on the subject (ya I know).
I did not know this was a thing

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Random thing I learned today:

I have a friend whose father is pretty close to John Middleton - and apparently the Phils have one of the lowest vaccination rates in the MLB because Bryce Harper and Realmuto tell the rest of the team not to get it.

Bryce, you bastard...I want to love you...but you being dumb.

Edit: Let me clarify a little further...Harper/Realmuto won't get the vaccine, and the rest of the team seems to really follow their lead with this. I didn't mean to imply they actively tell everyone NOT to get the vaccine, necessarily. They could be, but I'm not sure - I just know they certainly aren't advocating for it as team leaders.

Last edited:

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Random thing I learned today:

I have a friend whose father is pretty close to John Middleton - and apparently the Phils have one of the lowest vaccination rates in the MLB because Bryce Harper and Realmuto tell the rest of the team not to get it.

Bryce, you bastard...I want to love you...but you being dumb.
I don't know if that's true or not. If it is I don't really understand the whole 'covid protocol' thing from MLB then. I would think Harper was a close contact to Bohm the same way some of the other scratched players were. Now did those players all also test positive? In which case having like 4 or 5 positive tests should have resulted in more severe protocols. I mean Realmuto probably shouldn't be allowed to be flying out to the allstar game from a team with COVID positive tests and if he's not vaccinated.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
This makes me glad I just canceled cable. Was considering YTTV for sports but why bother. Maybe in November if the flyers don't seem too hopeless. Fat chance but hey savings.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I don't know if that's true or not. If it is I don't really understand the whole 'covid protocol' thing from MLB then. I would think Harper was a close contact to Bohm the same way some of the other scratched players were. Now did those players all also test positive? In which case having like 4 or 5 positive tests should have resulted in more severe protocols. I mean Realmuto probably shouldn't be allowed to be flying out to the allstar game from a team with COVID positive tests and if he's not vaccinated.

I know you/everyone else has no reason to believe me, but the source is legit. My good friend's dad is a very high ranking medical professional in Philadelphia.

I don't really gain anything from this either way, but wanted to share that random fact. For what it's worth: I love Bryce Harper, so it bums me out but doesn't make me hate him or anything.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I know you/everyone else has no reason to believe me, but the source is legit. My good friend's dad is a very high ranking medical professional in Philadelphia.

I don't really gain anything from this either way, but wanted to share that random fact. For what it's worth: I love Bryce Harper, so it bums me out but doesn't make me hate him or anything.

Oh. Its not like I wouldn't believe it. Harper is Mormon and half or more of Mormons express an uwillingness to be vaccinated. I just meant I really still fail to get how MLBs covid restrictions work and why Nola/Falter/etc...were placed onthe covid restdicted list and what makes them "close contacts" but not Harper or Realmuto(if they are not vaccinated)

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Girardi comes off as an enabler in that article.

I doubt it,” Girardi said. “Because I think it’s their beliefs, which is OK. People’s beliefs are their beliefs. And we all have the ability to have our own beliefs. That’s why we live here.”

Woof.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ethan Wilson was a guy they were linked to before the draft.

The football guys are still on the board.

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
It’s always been common knowledge that Harper is a moron.

realmuto disappoints me. Didn’t realize he was also such a jackass.

Reactions: orangey

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Inmates running the asylum it seems. Baseball has always trended that way I guess with the egos and individualism. Guess they are afraid to rub the ‘clubhouse’ the wrong way if they tell them to buck up and get the shot. Seems about right. Really contrasts with the Flyers policy and opening their own injection site and all. Baseball really is dumb. In case there was any question, lol. 3.5 hours to watch entitled children whack a ball and play catch in between lots of scratching, spitting, time outs and pitching changes. Won’t miss it and they will miss the playoffs again for sure now.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
So are we drafting like crap? I have no idea to be honest.

Also, if Harper and Realmuto, if there is any ground to it, are some of the ones pushing to not get vaccinated, they can f*** off into the sun.

At some point, you would have to think that owners would start forcing vaccination due to just protecting your assets and contracts and shit, but then it also comes down to the union. The delta variant is going to kick some serious ass and a lot are not prepared for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad