OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pronunciation Class With Bryce Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
UCL tears in pitchers are chronic injuries caused by the wear and tear pitching exerts on the arm. Acute UCL tears typically occur during a traumatic arm injury

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I am saying Glasnow can blow it out his ass

Yeah I mean I'd presume some flaw in his pitching form or the pitches he elects to throw are the biggest culprit and he was probably heading towards that injury either way. But gripping tighter might have loaded that last straw a few pitches sooner.

They took swifter and more decisive action against pitchers than they took against the Astros though, so I choose to blame the league for his injury. What a goofy problem to focus on when it's gone on forever and they've got umps making strike zones the size of E Honda

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Yeah I mean I'd presume some flaw in his pitching form or the pitches he elects to throw are the biggest culprit and he was probably heading towards that injury either way. But gripping tighter might have loaded that last straw a few pitches sooner.

They took swifter and more decisive action against pitchers than they took against the Astros though, so I choose to blame the league for his injury. What a goofy problem to focus on when it's gone on forever and they've got umps making strike zones the size of E Honda
Can't disagree with any of this, especially the Houston nonsense.

I'm glad they're doing something about it, but it just seems like an empty, desperate attempt at accountability only because/after it hit the mainstream media. Too little too late

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Can't disagree with any of this, especially the Houston nonsense.

I'm glad they're doing something about it, but it just seems like an empty, desperate attempt at accountability. Too little too late

They probably want to focus the offense problem on these dastardly pitchers instead of their own officials. Always blame players is the mantra of every league.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
View attachment 446969

I don’t know who this guy is but he seems to believe Glasnow
Again, the UCL doesn't just snap out of nowhere. Like beef said and what I was implying, he was heading this way. Did it maybe take a few pitches less without the extra grip? Possibly. Should you be doctoring the balls in the first place? No.

Blow it out your ass, Tyler.

"They told me to stop cheating and since I stopped cheating I had to change everything and hurt myself"

Why is this something I should feel sorry about, Tyler? Blow it out your ass.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'd say the indignation would be a lot more justified if they made the change close to the end of the season and it was the difference between them getting hurt sooner, or making it to off-season and resting. But at this point? Yeah, not sure they'd have made it through the year to begin with.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
In a sense it’s on the league & the sport in general. Eventually with advances in technology & everything else people were going to find more effective ways to cheat in a game that essentially lends a lot to cheating in general.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Again, the UCL doesn't just snap out of nowhere. Like beef said and what I was implying, he was heading this way. Did it maybe take a few pitches less without the extra grip? Possibly. Should you be doctoring the balls in the first place? No.

Blow it out your ass, Tyler.

"They told me to stop cheating and since I stopped cheating I had to change everything and hurt myself"

Why is this something I should feel sorry about, Tyler? Blow it out your ass.
Not sure Id say you need to feel sorry for him. I just think it’s BS that everyone knew it was happening and then suddenly it needs to be banned immediately. If a guy doing it feels like it may have contributed to an injury I think it’s pretty shitty and shows how clueless the commissioners office is

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Not sure Id say you need to feel sorry for him. I just think it’s BS that everyone knew it was happening and then suddenly it needs to be banned immediately. If a guy doing it feels like it may have contributed to an injury I think it’s pretty shitty and shows how clueless the commissioners office is
They only care now because it hit the media machine, that's the bottom line. Just trying to save face especially after the Houston debacle. But it's not working. Manfred is an actual piece of corn lodged in a steaming shit.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
JT with a .400 OBP is a nice development. That was the one hole in his profile.

There was no chance the MLBPA was agreeing to that during the season.
What does the MLBPA have to agree to though? It’s illegal to use the substances. That’s in the rule book. There has to be some type of punishment on the books already.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What does the MLBPA have to agree to though? It’s illegal to use the substances. That’s in the rule book. There has to be some type of punishment on the books already.
The fact that they had to establish this "memo" midseason, after taking days to draft up, shows how much gray area there is.

I'm sure it will be in the next CBA.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Top 8, down 1

BB
BB
K (the grizzled vet McCutchen missed a hanging slider)
K looking
7 unassisted (missed 3 hanging sliders)

This team

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Long thread but the highlight...

giphy.gif

https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/status/1405198320805482499?s=20

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Cole airs frustration on grip, tells MLB 'talk to us'

UFFALO, N.Y. -- Gerrit Cole called out Major League Baseball in its attempt to regulate foreign substances after struggling to keep a firm hold of the baseball during his start against the Toronto Blue Jays on a cold, windy Wednesday night at Sahlen Field.

"It's so hard to grip the ball," a frustrated Cole said after the New York Yankees' 3-2 win. "For Pete's sake, it's part of the reason why almost every player on the field has had something, regardless if they're a pitcher or not, to help them control the ball."

Cole added: "We are aligned in a lot of areas with the commissioner's office on this. ... Please, just talk to us, please just work with us. I know you have the hammer here. But we've been living in a gray area for so long. I would just hate to see players get hurt. I would hate to see balls start flying at people's head. I had a really tough time gripping the baseball tonight, especially early when it was windy. I don't really care to be inflammatory here, so I am just going to leave it at that."

Gee, maybe you're just not as good at the sport as you're made out to be and your contract wasn't earned properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad