Discussion in 'Philadelphia Flyers' started by Hollywood Couturier, Apr 10, 2021.
I guess he's worried about his legacy. Surely can't complain about the contract!
I mean just look at his numbers pre-Houston and post-Houston. Spin rates and all.
I dont think hes going to turn into Pirates Cole without sticky stuff. He still held one of the best offenses in baseball to only 2 runs over 8
No. He still throws smoke. The stuff has always been great. It just went to another level when he left Pittsburgh. He clearly figured something out, legal or not. Same with Verlander defying the aging curve. Given Houston's slimy track record, I lean towards something shady, but they have been known to tweak arm slots as well.
Houston probably put it down to a science. Sticky stuff has been documented for since like 2018, so not surprising at all that it looks more obvious in the team splits. I doubt anything would be happening if the league wasn't hitting like 230
I really feel for the pitchers. I mean, look at how muddy this rule is! It has so much grey area
6. The pitcher shall not:
(2) expectorate on the ball, either hand or his glove;
(3) rub the ball on his glove, person or clothing;
(4) apply a foreign substance of any kind to the ball;
(5) deface the ball in any manner; or
(6) deliver a ball altered in a manner prescribed by Rule 6.02(c)(2) through (5) or what is called the “shine” ball, “spit” ball, “mud” ball or “emery” ball. The pitcher is allowed to rub the ball between his bare hands.
(7) Have on his person, or in his possession, any foreign substance. Rule 6.02 (c)(7) Comment: The pitcher may not attach anything to either hand, any finger or either wrist (e.g., Band-Aid, tape, Super Glue, bracelet, etc.). The umpire shall determine if such attachment is indeed a foreign substance for the purpose of Rule 6.02(c)(7), but in no case may the pitcher be allowed to pitch with such attachment to his hand, finger or wrist.
"We can't get a good grip on the ball ever since they told us to stop cheating!!! This isn't fair!!" "I stopped cheating and it hurt my arm!!"
Cry me a river. Are these f***ers serious?? This sport is a mess.
I'd feel differently about the pitchers bitching about grip if we didn't already have evidence of the MLB messing with the balls
Kenny Rogers got busted in the 2006 world series for pine tar. This is nothing new.
The Blue Jays hit into the worst triple play in baseball history today.
Stop that or we throw baseballs on your Superstar batters heads.
Fair take by him
First the Sixers and then this bs
It took me a half hour to log in to my Peacock account but it was worth it to hear Miller and Krukow instead out Tom McCarthy.
Surprised Knapp is still in the game after that.
The Angels got the best player in baseball who’s tracking as one of the best to ever do it in Trout & the first legitimate two-way player in god knows how long in Ohtani & they’re still a .500 club likely to miss the playoffs.
Rough for a marketing standpoint for the MLB.
Next time someone wants to bring up Giroux and Voracek's primes being wasted, remember Mike Trout - 3 career playoff games for maybe the best player ever.
Trout doesn't have a C on his jersey. He's just a guy.
wow look at that spin rate absolutely CRASH like it's a meme stock. Interesting that velocity actually ticked up a bit. Guessing the 'counter' by some pitchers is if they've got less feel/spin to rip it in there harder.
No such thing as a shutdown inning this weekend.
I don’t think Nola will ever live up to that one season he had a couple years ago.
Hoskins having a great day at the plate.
Hoskins is finally showing back up. Needed to have this many runs. Good shit.
What's with the teddy bear on the Giants jerseys?
Separate names with a comma.