OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pronunciation Class With Bryce Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
so how does this runner starting at 2nd work? like who is it that goes there in the batting order?

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I hate the lack of urgency in these games. I know its 1 game of 162. I know its may and they just won 5 in a row. But everyone knows this division is going to be a dog fight. This lose will hurt come september.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
tenor.gif

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I dont know the numbers but I don't think their bullpen is as bad as last season but it is holding them back. I didnt have much expectations for this team (.500) I thought. They might be a little better but they are painful to watch.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I dont know the numbers but I don't think their bullpen is as bad as last season but it is holding them back. I didnt have much expectations for this team (.500) I thought. They might be a little better but they are painful to watch.
As of a couple days ago or maybe weeks (they all blend together) they had the worst bullpen ERA in the NL. They still may.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
That maybe true but their bullpen last year was historically bad. Basically anything would be an upgrade.
Historically bad or league worst. Is there really a difference? Bottom line is it sucks and is blowing games left and right. Again. There are no moral victories

Reactions: Cody Webster

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Starting to get the sense that Joe Girardi isn't a good manager and Gabe Kapler is Craig Berube

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Historically bad or league worst. Is there really a difference? Bottom line is it sucks and is blowing games left and right. Again. There are no moral victories
There can be a big difference. There ERA was like over 7 last year. That was the second worse ever in MLB history. Even if this year it is 6, that is still a run less. Which would be an upgrade. You cant get much worse than last year.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
There can be a big difference. There ERA was like over 7 last year. That was the second worse ever in MLB history. Even if this year it is 6, that is still a run less. Which would be an upgrade. You cant get much worse than last year.
An upgrade over diarrhea is still shit

Reactions: Cody Webster

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
to be fair they are missing their best arm in the pen, Bradley should be back soon if no set backs. Not having him for over a month stings when you have to rely on Hector Nervous so much. Coonrod has been a nice surprise, Alvarado has shown flashes at times but control has always been an issue with him. I have liked Brogdon so I hope he can be an answer not part of the problem.

The good news is that the top 3 SP's have carried the team, as last I saw the phils were tops in mlb in innings out of their SP but that also is a concern since with Vinny Velo, Anderson as the 4/5 guys, they don't seem to be able to go past 5 too often and Moore has been a real disappointment so far. I wonder if trader Dave has Hammels phone # on speed dial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad