OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pronunciation Class With Bryce Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Not saying that the Phillies BP is good but check around the league. They're all just about awful. The LAD is much worse than the Phillies'. Its that there ar en't enough BP arms to go around. Starters only last 100 pitches which usually amounts to six innings. In today's game of maximum velocity pitching, that means three relievers per night. That is simply unsustainable. Its a problem that is probably going to get worse as the season progresses.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
jnSBOd.gif

Reactions: trostol

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Not saying that the Phillies BP is good but check around the league. They're all just about awful. The LAD is much worse than the Phillies'. Its that there ar en't enough BP arms to go around. Starters only last 100 pitches which usually amounts to six innings. In today's game of maximum velocity pitching, that means three relievers per night. That is simply unsustainable. Its a problem that is probably going to get worse as the season progresses.
Everyone else being bad is no excuse to be content.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
am i the only one that finds this an odd song to use in a commercial...even if it is in another language

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
lol whomever i am listening to on statcast..way more entertaining...especially since they are going on about the organ player playing Castlevania theme

Reactions: Flybynite

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
lol whomever i am listening to on statcast..way more entertaining...especially since they are going on about the organ player playing Castlevania theme
must be on an 8bit nintendo playlist since they did the Mario Brothers theme too

Reactions: trostol

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It’s not Nola’s day. That game yesterday was deflating which makes today look worse
Yup, I know someone in here mentioned how it's May, blah blah. I mean yeah, one loss is one loss, but one like that is a slump starter. It leaked into today. How many more?

Nola is great. He is our ace. But games like these happen too often with him. It's what keeps him in the A tier if starters instead of the S tier.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
to be fair they are missing their best arm in the pen, Bradley should be back soon if no set backs. Not having him for over a month stings when you have to rely on Hector Nervous so much. Coonrod has been a nice surprise, Alvarado has shown flashes at times but control has always been an issue with him. I have liked Brogdon so I hope he can be an answer not part of the problem.

The good news is that the top 3 SP's have carried the team, as last I saw the phils were tops in mlb in innings out of their SP but that also is a concern since with Vinny Velo, Anderson as the 4/5 guys, they don't seem to be able to go past 5 too often and Moore has been a real disappointment so far. I wonder if trader Dave has Hammels phone # on speed dial.
Hector Nervous lolll

Reactions: montreal

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I´am totally new to baseball. Started looking with the Harper trade, so be kind with me ;D

In my eyes the team plays better than the 2 - 3 years before. The bullpen is ok, the defense is bad most nights (too many errors!) and the offense is ok.

In my eyes it shouldnt be difficult to find a better CF than what we have. On anyones bench should be a player who is solid defensively in the outfield and can hit .280 or something. Make a trade. Someone will take Quinn for his speed, we cant use him!

Same with the bullpen. Hall is unbelieveable bad. De los Santos is cringeworthy, Neris isnt a closer (never was in 3 years i saw). To get a better pitcher than Hall should be doable. Same with De Los Santos. Find a good closer is another thing. That should be difficult.

I really like the development of Coonrod. He is one of the best players till now. But i feels like it could be flip the switch every game from now on.

Maton is a nice suprise. Cutch is playing solid but bad defensively. If he can hit like that and play better defense it would be ok. Not for the price tag, but what can you do. Knapp is playing better than i expected.
Eflin is playing very good in my eyes. Nola seems to struggle although he has 2 very good games. A lot of games he needed to fight through bad innings. But at least he got it done mostly. Wheeler is wheeling and dealing. Nice to see ;D

Just make 2 or 3 trades for bench players of other teams and get 2 other bullpen pieces and 1 solid CF!! Should be enough to win more games!

Just my two cents!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I´am totally new to baseball. Started looking with the Harper trade, so be kind with me ;D

In my eyes the team plays better than the 2 - 3 years before. The bullpen is ok, the defense is bad most nights (too many errors!) and the offense is ok.

In my eyes it shouldnt be difficult to find a better CF than what we have. On anyones bench should be a player who is solid defensively in the outfield and can hit .280 or something. Make a trade. Someone will take Quinn for his speed, we cant use him!

Same with the bullpen. Hall is unbelieveable bad. De los Santos is cringeworthy, Neris isnt a closer (never was in 3 years i saw). To get a better pitcher than Hall should be doable. Same with De Los Santos. Find a good closer is another thing. That should be difficult.

I really like the development of Coonrod. He is one of the best players till now. But i feels like it could be flip the switch every game from now on.

Maton is a nice suprise. Cutch is playing solid but bad defensively. If he can hit like that and play better defense it would be ok. Not for the price tag, but what can you do. Knapp is playing better than i expected.
Eflin is playing very good in my eyes. Nola seems to struggle although he has 2 very good games. A lot of games he needed to fight through bad innings. But at least he got it done mostly. Wheeler is wheeling and dealing. Nice to see ;D

Just make 2 or 3 trades for bench players of other teams and get 2 other bullpen pieces and 1 solid CF!! Should be enough to win more games!

Just my two cents!

It's ok, it often seems like the Phillies are new to baseball

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I completely forgot about Seranthony. Any news on when he can be expected back?

Pretty sure he's expected to miss all of 2021. He didn't have surgery until almost August of last year.

Given that he had already missed a lot of time trying to avoid the TJ surgery I'm not sure a 2021 appearance is very likely.

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh

this is not just a season issue..its a baseball issue. Starters just do not go deep anymore and it starts at lower levels i am guessing. I mean you can't even find complete games as a sortable stat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad