OT: Philadelphia Phillies off season: At Last... My Bryce Has Come Along (13 Year/$330M Deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Shut up, Jon/Scott.

1*snTXFElFuQLSFDnvZKJ6IA.png

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I thought baseball tonight was not going to be a thing this year?
I mean... ESPN put the Press Release out about it.... Ex-Phillies star Howard joins ESPN's 'Baseball Tonight'

BRISTOL, Conn. -- Former Philadelphia Phillies slugger Ryan Howard has joined ESPN as an analyst on "Baseball Tonight."
The network said Thursday that Howard will start in early March. He also will appear on other television and radio formats at ESPN.
Howard was a three-time All-Star and the 2006 NL MVP. The first baseman spent his entire career with the Phillies, helped them win the 2008 World Series and played his last big league game in 2016.
The 39-year-old Howard was the NL Rookie of the Year and hit 382 home runs in 13 seasons.

Reactions: Jtown

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Harper IS going to sign even if we have to pay an astronomical fee for him just get it done . The report came out today and said that Harper has no beef with Philly so that can put Andy Martino’s report to rest that he is unsure about Philly .

We are the only legitimate option for Harper and the only team willing to pay him his wage demands of over 300 million and plus there is pressure from the Phillies and from there fans so sign him so they know if they don’t sign him this offseason is a faliure even with the additions of McCutchen, Segura , Robertson and Realmuto etc

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I would assume that they wouldn't have turned down Machado unless they felt they had Harper done, which is sounds like either this weekend or early next week he'll sign somewhere. Don't really see any team giving him more then phillies, the one team I worry about is the Nats but it would put them in cap hell.

Certainly hope it's over soon so they can look to sign Kuechel/Kimbrel and then a trade or two. Williams, Hunter, plus. I know Eickhoff has one option left so he could be in LV till they see if he's 100% healthy and has his stuff back.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
These reports are a joke at this point. Whatever gets thrown out, there is another one contradicting it shortly after.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
lol. Morosi said that Boras is going to want to upstage the Machado presser.

Well Machado's presser is at 12:30 our team tomorrow.

Reactions: ajw12

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
My new theory is that Middleton decided a while ago that Harper is the guy. Mchphail and Klentak wanted Machado...but Middleton wanted Harper. I think Middleton told Klentak he could still pursue Machado but not beyond the point to where it would prevent them from signing Harper. My guess is they thought if they could get Manny for 250 or less...they could get Harper at around 300. Once Manny hit the 300 mark, Middleton instructed them to walk away because Manny getting 300 means Harper will get more than that and getting both would become too pricey. So Klentak wasn't lying...but that is the only scenario that explains why he wouldnt go 300 on the guy hes wanted for years but now will for Harper.

Now that Manny is out of the picture...I think they go after Harper at all costs. I think he is a Phillie unless he legitametely does not want to come here and Borus persuades Washington to beat Manny's price so he can run back to Washington.

My thoughts will obviously change tomorrow and everyday until he signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad