OT: Philadelphia Phillies off season: At Last... My Bryce Has Come Along (13 Year/$330M Deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Jim Bowden on MLB Network Radio:

"They're gonna sign Trout in two years, by the way. Harper and Trout have been texting back and forth throughout this process. Harper reached out to Trout to ask him about the City of Philadelphia. Mike Trout and Harper are gonna be on this team in two years."

Will-Ferrell-Happy-Excited.gif
Is this a real quote?

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I would be fine with trading for Trout after this year, probably too big to happen at the deadline. Phillies would be dealing from a position of strength as its known he wants to go there and LAA doesn't want to lose him for nothing.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
More importantly, isn't that illegal for the players to do? Like free agent "tampering" or whatever? Didn't Joel Embiid or something get in trouble for that in the NBA for tweeting at LeBron?

Can't imagine so. At the time, neither player was employed by the Phillies. I don't think reaching out to ask someone about the city would be tampering.

Now that Harper is a Phillies though, any future communications might be suspect.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
What should we do with

Hasley
Moniak
Nick Williams and other Phillies?
Altherr?

I"m trying to find what would work to bring Trout to Philly. What can we offer the Angels that makes sense?

Pitching I'm not sure who to offer, Draft picks?

I'd like to keep Williams because he's shown pop and is a Left handed hitter, we need those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->