OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Wheels and Sarge out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Mitch is a real straight-shooter on the MLB Network and I'd love to see him join the Phils' broadcast team.

All of the options (Williams, Moyer, Morandini, Stocker) appear to be solid though.

flyersguy33*

You know its going to be a great year when the have Kyle Kendrick penciled in as your third starter.....holy **** they might not win 70 games

flyersguy33*

Mlb.com has an article about us possibly signing Burnett.

What do you guys think?

If it means KK won't be penciled in as our #3 im all for it. Hell they could sign Hideo Nomo for all I care. Kendrick and #3 shoukd never go together unless you're talking about taking a leak and a **** at the same time and calling it a #3 because that's about what he equates to

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
I wouldn't be against it. Since '09 his GB rate has been steadily climbing and his Flyball rate lowering, so that's generally a good sign, especially in CBP. His WHIP is also generally declining since then, while he wasn't particularly lucky or unlucky as his BABIP was pretty steady. These stats help paint a picture of a guy who's got good command of his pitches.

He is 37 though, so you might have to be wary about his age a bit. Even if veteran pitchers are a bit of a different animal when it comes to aging compared to everyday players.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I wouldn't be against it. Since '09 his GB rate has been steadily climbing and his Flyball rate lowering, so that's generally a good sign, especially in CBP. His WHIP is also generally declining since then, while he wasn't particularly lucky or unlucky as his BABIP was pretty steady. These stats help paint a picture of a guy who's got good command of his pitches.

He is 37 though, so you might have to be wary about his age a bit. Even if veteran pitchers are a bit of a different animal when it comes to aging compared to everyday players.

I'd rather watch Burnett just for the entertainment. The Phillies are going nowhere.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ

Holy crap, time flies.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012

Well he fits the Phillies' age profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad